It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii-Mote Mania (Nintendo Wii informational Thread)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

i dont know how any sonyfanboy coud claim any sports game with stellar graphics would own such an interactive sports game like wii sports.

This fanboyism is getting too much

Why can't people just be serious? Lot's of people like and will buy the Wii anyway, there is no need to go to the extreme end of the scale and act like the Wii will solve the worlds problems.

There are MILLIONS of people who, despite your protestations, will not have their sports needs satisfied by the wii. How could the wii improve soccer games? It couldn't, and thats a fact. Pro Evolution Soccer is the king of sports titles for soccer fans, so why would they drop a 10/10 game to play cartoon tennis? I'm telling you, most of them won't.

I'm looking forward to Zelda, Mario Party, some shooters and hopefully snooker, but Wii sports isn't going to sway many people who already enjoy stellar sports games like Pro Evo, games that fit right at home on a normal controller and wouldn't be enhanced by Wii-Interactivity.

The Wii is good and I'll have one by Christmas, but I won't be spitting on playstation users as I do it, and I won't be throwing away every other console I have because of the Wii, it's just a new console, not a mind blowing revolution. Don't let the hype spoil it before it begins, as many fanboys are starting to do.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
One thing about the new Zelda that sucks is the current control scheme (could be changed if we're lucky) - the Wiimote is supposed to make games interactive, but reports from IGN say that swinging links sword will be more effective by making the "Mario Galaxy Jump" action i.e. shaking the 'mote, due to the fact that swinging the mote in any direction, or hardly swinging it at all, makes link do the same move every time, there is no real interactivity. Not good enough for what is essentialy a clone of the gamecube version!

I see that as laziness by the game producers, and hopefully more companies will actually make games feel like they should, not just add some boring "shake the controller a bit to swing the sword" gimmicks.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

This fanboyism is getting too much

not everyone is offended being called a fanboy. sticks and stones may hurt my bones........plus this is the thread to get excited about the wii.

nintendo
wii-mote
250$ plus 5games in one
nintendo

im not a nintendo fanboy( LIE) i just enjoy FUN gaming.

the problem with gaming anymore is its become very repetitive. what happened to the creativity that was essential to gaming??????? FORGIVE me for being excited about something new, something different. im sorry i was wrong about soccer not being better with the wii. what about golf, tennis, baseball, and boxing games????? the wii mote will make them better no matter what you say.

ill once again say this IS the WII THREAD. i by all rights can be a fanboy.

Originally posted by chebob
there is no need to go to the extreme end of the scale and act like the Wii will solve the worlds problems.

wii = world peace

if you want a quick list of my 5 favorite games to prove im a nintendo fanboy here you go, they are in no certain order.

aliens vs predator- atari jaguar
star control 2 -3do
majora's mask- nintendo 64
knights of the old republic- pc
cnc zero hour - pc

since some people cant stand me talking about the wii like its going to be sweet, ill take my nintendo fanboyism to the wii thread. peace
[edit on 20-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
HELLO I HAVE DECIDED TO BRING MY FANBOY PROBLEM TO THE RIGHT PLACE, THE WII THREAD.

here is something else that can make the wii cool.
www.thebrandonshow.com...

if you’re an independent game developer, you can design a Wii game and, after signing the appropriate paperwork, get it on the virtual console for all to play. This little feature not only guarantees the Wii will live past its shelf life, but if Nintendo plays this just right, you could be looking at a You Tube like phenomenon with everyone making a game for the system. Can you imagine getting course credit for designing Wii video games that millions of people will play? It can happen.

gaming is definitely evolving . a REVOLUTION is upon us.
peace

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I gotta say I am sorry, and I'm not a fanboy of any system. I just think that like, the ps3 deserves a chance until it comes out, granted its gunna be expensive, but you get waht you pay for I suppose. Only reason I'm gunna get it is cuz im getting mad bonuses. I personally think it's going to be an AWESOME system. the only reason im critical of wii is because of the gamecube situation. Like 100000000000 mario platformers got reallly old after awhile. Hopefully the wiimote will help that a long with some new inovative games, I'm an fps person anyway. But for saying that the ps3 doesnt have those photorealistic graphics, neither does 360 I was actually kind of disappointed with some of the graphics for it, but I'm gunna give developers time to extend the capabilities of the 360. Again I'm sry for being a douche, was my bad, I was just having a HORRIBLE night. so peace

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I was going to type another big post of the good and bad of the Wii, but I don't think there's much else to moan about. Every console has to have pre-launch moaners, or the hype will consume everyone and there'll be too much dissapointment.

I can't wait to see how Golf and Boxing play, but they should replace Baseball with "Wii-Mote Barfight" for us Europeans.

And Mario Galaxy is the one title I expect to dissapoint, it just doesn't look like a good idea. Wario Ware, on the other hand, looks like it's going to blow me away with it's surrealness

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I see that as laziness by the game producers, and hopefully more companies will actually make games feel like they should, not just add some boring "shake the controller a bit to swing the sword" gimmicks.

You see trying to make a launch deadline as laziness? Do you realize the hours software developers pull during the dreaded "crunch time?" 12-14 hour days/6 days a week for months is not uncommon, its especially difficult if the deadline is as fuzzy as a hardware release date.

I believe the Second gen games are gonna make or break the system IMO.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

You see trying to make a launch deadline as laziness? Do you realize the hours software developers pull during the dreaded "crunch time?" 12-14 hour days/6 days a week for months is not uncommon, its especially difficult if the deadline is as fuzzy as a hardware release date.

I'm not interested in Launch deadlines, they are. They should get their priorities straight, and add to that they already had an almost complete game to work from (The gamecube version was more or less done). What's more important, how soon you get to play it or how good the game is? Wouldn't they be better off just using the A button to swing the sword if the motion sensor aciton is going to be "slapdash"?

And anyway, they might yet fix it....

[edit on 21-9-2006 by chebob]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The A button is probably used for other things(like an accessible way to go to crosshairs for more precise aiming?, the trigger is probably used to fire projetiles). Also, other developers are having difficulties in translating hand motion onto screen 1 for 1. The Red Steel developers are amoung those who have had problems and they too are going for "canned" gestures. I'm not too worried as I've used mouse gestures on my PC for years now, so the concept is actually a lot less foreign to me then direct motion translation.

Also, another bonus of using the canned gestures style, is that they are not really limited in the numbers of things you can potentially do via gestures. The number is far greater then direct hand to screen motion capture or conventional controller.

And right now they are just feeling their way, I reiterate that we will probably not see the true potential of the 'mote until 2nd/3rd generation(which is when I intend to buy most likely)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Okay, okay.....

As long as it has more Dungeons than The Wind Waker had it's going to be great, I can't wait to have a go .

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I also thought of another good reason for using gestures for the most common input(attack/use/talk), you can map all the controls so you do not have to change your grip on the control while playing. While you are playing you will have every control at your fingertips, literally. Just imagine in a few generations and what a True Next-gen zelda could achieve!?!

Allthough with this said, the shaking motion is pretty ghey. They should have at least used a slashing motion like in Red Steel. (minor quibble though)

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Is it true that on launch, the only color for the wii is to be white? When are any other colors going to come out, say, for instance, black? All of my other systems are black. My PS3 is going to be black, and if I get a 360, the faceplate will be changed to black. I hate to break up my set.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
www.wiicolors.com...

The Nintendo Wii gaming console will be available this-coming November, 2006.

Nintendo has revealed five different colors so far; lime green, red, black, white and platinum. There may be more forthcoming...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I didn't see anything that said which colors came out on launch. Anyone know anything on that?

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
according to nintendo the wii wil be launched in 5 sparkling colors:
1. white
2. baking soda white
3. ghost white
4. chlorox bleach white
5. and white white

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
you forgot the 6th color, white as rice.

i think they only plan on launching with just white in america because it would be easier to mass produce the system with just one color.

if anyone wants black at launch or any other color you can try this link, it might be helpful.

www.dickblick.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.joystiq.com...

the new features sound quite similar to xboxlive. i hope it's implementation is just as good...or better

/[size=0]i soo want a wii...

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well I heard that the Wii-network is going to be similiar to how the DS hooks up to other games. Yup, you guessed it. Wi-Fi. Ad-Hoc gaming with both regional and worldwide options, has the possiblity to put Wii over the top.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The only thing the Wii has going for it is the new innovative controller.

I thought it was pretty funny a couple days ago when I read that Wal-mart wont be having a playable Wii, Because they dont want people swinging there arms around hitting people.

I can see where there coming from...but still. Thats its only selling point.
I read somewhere else (i think just a rumor) that they were considering having it use the other (normal looking) controller...But nobody is going to spend $250 for a reved up gamecube.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
the wii is going to have two types of controllers: a normal one similar to the snes controller, and the wii-mote/nunchuck controller. the walmart rumor is false. they've come out and said it. and as far as the price, $250 is more accessable to a lot of people than $600, and even then, nintendo was at least able to include a game bundled with it. even if is more of a 'tech demo' than an actual 'game', it's still playable.
~"souped up gamecube"? according to the graphics, maybe. but case you haven't heard, graphics alone don't make a good game. i still thing it's going to be fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join