It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii-Mote Mania (Nintendo Wii informational Thread)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i read that article and watched the demo videos earlier today. Fusion controllers still have quite a long ways away from competing with the wii.
first off, the 'controllers' aren't versitile; every game needs it's own specific controller.
secondly, if you watch the demo vids, you'll see the extremely noticable white object sitting in the middle of the floor, aka, the sensor. um...thanx but no thanx. that thing is rather large. not humongously large, but large enough that, if something accidently happens (lets say that you, for some odd outta this world reason, trip and fall on top of it) that thing is toasted. to a crisp.
third, these guys seem like a third party startup company looking to ride the coattails of nintendo. do you really think they have the time, r&d, and most of all the cash to compete? unless some already established corp, say MS, for example, come along and scoop these guys up, they don't stand a chance a far as competition with nintendo goes, at least not in this round...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
well i hate to say i told you so....

Wii beating motion-sensing tech revealed

...but i told you so

[edit on 20-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]

this will be available on all 3 consoles, and i think u can only play 2 sports games.

this link could be proof that nintendo is not only on the right track, but ahead of the game when it comes to the 3 systems. the ps sixaxis controller also proves nintendo might be ahead of the other 3.

peace

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the ps3 and the wii are to hit the markets in 26-28 days. i am sure the ps3 will sell out on sat18 or sun19 and the wii will sell incredibly the shopping day after thanksgiving. will one million wii sold by christmas be a success? what about 2 and 4 million. if sony doesnt have any ps3 on the shelves on the biggest shopping day of the year, there could maybe be a frenzy of buyers looking at the wii.

what do i know though,we can only wait to see how the sales go this holiday season.

peace

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Virtual Console
NES Games (500 Wii Points) >> 100 Wii Points = 1 USD

* Mario Bros.: Mario and Luigi punch turtles.
* The Legend of Zelda: The original Hyrulean adventure.
* Donkey Kong: The game that put Nintendo on the map.
* Donkey Kong Jr.: Not quite a classic, but its cameo in Yoshi's Island DS is pretty boss.
* Ice Hockey: Fat guy, normal guy and skinny guy hit the ice.
* Pinball: Mario moonlights as a paddle in this one.
* Soccer: Another early NES sports title. About soccer!
* Tennis: Simple but effective volley action.
* Urban Champion: An early, and not particularly good, brawler.
* Wario's Woods: A falling-block puzzle game starring Wario.
* Baseball: Yet another early NES sports game.
* Solomon's Key: A surprisingly difficult puzzle-action game.

SNES Games (800 Wii Points)

* F-Zero: A futuristic racer that reinvented the genre.
* SimCity: Make your city awesome and you'll get a statue of Mario!

N64 Games (1000 Wii Points)

* Super Mario 64: The template for 3D platform gaming.

Genesis Games (800 Wii Points)

* Sonic the Hedgehog: Spiky guy, attitude, goes fast. You know this one.
* Altered Beast: This bestial brawler will make you wise fwom your gwave!
* Golden Axe: One of the best multiplayer brawlers ever made.
* Columns: Before Bejeweled, there was Columns.
* Ecco the Dolphin: Save the ocean in this beautiful (but difficult) adventure.
* Gunstar Heroes: The action/shooter/platformer/brawler that made Treasure a hardcore fave.
* Space Harrier II: A fast-paced shooter featuring super-scaler action!
* Toe Jam & Earl: A funky and oddly mellow adventure.
* Ristar: Sega's less popular 16-bit mascot.
* Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: (Psst, it's actually Puyo Pop.)

TurboGrafx 16 Games (600 Wii Points)

* Bonk's Adventure: Carnivorous caveman antics.
* Super Star Soldier: Superlative space shooting.
* Victory Run: Slick racing action.
* Bomberman '93: Explosive multiplayer mayhem.
* Dungeon Explorer: Classic RPG combat.

Launch Titles with Screen Shots

Call of Duty 3 Wii

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 Wii

Elebits Wii

Excite Truck Wii

Far Cry Vengeance Wii

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii

Madden NFL 07 Wii

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Wii

Need for Speed Carbon Wii

Rayman Raving Rabbids Wii

Red Steel Wii

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent Wii

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Wii

Trauma Center: Second Opinion Wii

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
People post pictures of games to show-off the consoles graphics...something the Wii just shouldn't do.
(It will look bad if compared to the same game on the 360 or PS3)

All the Wii commercials will have the controller in them, with people *having fun* playing their Wii, using the *amazing* controller, none of their commericals will discuss the graphical power of the Wii, because its on par with the first Xbox.

The Wii has a lot of hype, which will continue to rise, for another 2 weeks when its for sale, I think most of the "buzz" around the Wii will be gone by early 07.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There are only two ways the Wii will sell:

1. Through Kiosks and 2. Word of Mouth.

I've already laid out my reasons for(and the demographics it appeals to) why I think the Wii will sell strong through this year and next(and I'm not getting into that again), but now, I see the Wii as just a launching pad for the next generation of consoles(I now see the GC as an early prototype starting a unified architecture plan(solid state HD, Ram = Near Instant to Instant load times, motion detection can be used for many things, add in shutter glasses with gyroscopes in them and ....
)).

Nintendo could pull a 360 out of their behind if they make enough dough on DS:lite, GC, and Wii sales and release a new console in three to four years. They can do it since they don't take a loss at launch as most console companies do.

I heard rumors of a headset and shutter glasses a few months back(I prolly posted it in this thread) I hope it's true.

I've already tried Madden '07, Bowling, and Baseball(Wii Sports packin game), and let me tell you, when done right, you forget you have the controller in your hand as interaction with the game is much natural feeling. Madden '07 was like this as was Bowling. Baseball however, was horrible. Maybe it's because I hate baseball, but I found other console sims to be way more natural playing then this version. It's only a freebe game so what do you expect.

Also, when the Wii officially launches, I would ask EVERYBODY to please refrain from Fanboish comments and general unpleasantness. After that day until this thread dies, this thread will be about personal impressions of games, system and contollers.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 1-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
wii.ign.com...

As it stood, the following potential 2007 VC games we hit on were as follows:

* Duck Hunt (E for Everyone)
* Hogan's Alley (E for Everyone)
* Kid Icarus (E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Adventure (E for Everyone)
* Pilot Wings (E for Everyone)
* Pro Wrestling (E for Everyone)
* Punch-Out (E for Everyone)
* Wild Gunman (E for Everyone)

New to the list, however, is a slightly more diverse catalog of games:

* Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Super Star (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Starfox 64 (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Super Metroid (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)
* The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64; rated E for Everyone)
* Excitebike (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Climber (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Dr. Mario (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Mario Brothers (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Ice Hockey (NES; rated E for Everyone)
* Soccer (NES; rated E for Everyone)

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
au.wii.ign.com...

US, November 9, 2006 - Yes, you read that right! We've got a story about something not happening!

In truth, something not happening is something that happens every day, and we don't, in general, report on such non occurrences. For instance, today, Sega didn't announce the Dreamcast 2 (from what we hear, that won't happen until January 15th). Turn to the Dreamcast channel, however, and you won't see a story about Sega having not announced its new platform.

But given that the PlayStation 3 launches only once in a... well, ever... we're making an exception to the general rule of not reporting about nothing, and reporting about nothing, and with pictures!

Here is the invisible PS3 lineup. I hear Sony gave them some Solid Snake optical-camo gear to the first 100,000 people in line and THAT is why we can't see them.

Now here is the Wii lineup.

This is all according to IGN as of the 9th. The PS3 lines are forming now though in smaller numbers then the Wii lineup still.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I like the fact that there is no DVD playback. It would have added 50 bucks a unit.

well, you were overruled.
Heres a link that states that Nintendo will be shipping a dvd playable Wii in late 07 to North America.

DVD Wii

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
honestly, i think it's a bad move on their part.
i mean, honestly, who doesn't own a dvd player already? i have three,not including the one on my laptop...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Finally a real video of the Wii...not a staged one by Nintendo. Its from a news type of show on NBC.

Things to notice:
Both people look like fools playin the Wii
they swing there arms like there being attacked by a bee
Also...their hand and Wii coordination appeared a little...off.

forums.maxconsole.net...

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Finally a real video of the Wii...not a staged one by Nintendo. Its from a news type of show on NBC.

Things to notice:
Both people look like fools playin the Wii
they swing there arms like there being attacked by a bee
Also...their hand and Wii coordination appeared a little...off.

forums.maxconsole.net...

that is what u saw in the video from your perspective. lets take another one.

the first thing I notice when watching the video u gave is the caption on the screen...." the best gifts for teens"

the second thing i notice is the look on her face when she realizes she is about to show off the wii. her facial expressions look like she just had an orgasm. go watch again. the she says this is the biggie, this is cool and nothing but awesome things for the wii.

then i notice al playing the wii for the first time. yeah he is a noob and sucks, BUT they end the game laughing their asses off, smiling, having FUN! then al says ..thats great,this is great stuff. then the lady says...its addictive.

all u saw was people swatting bees? i saw two people who ARE NOT GAMERS, having a crap load of fun playing a video game.

wow i can wait to kick my 6 year old daughters ass at wii sports. first we are going to play through twilight princess. my goal is to beat it before 11/26/01. trama center will rock , i though life and death on the old old school pc was fun and cool. my kid is pumped for wario ware and elebits and i cant wait to play them with her. we will have # loads of fun.

murcielago we can both be excited . all gamers can be. the ps3 launches in 4 hours and the wii in 52 hours. these systems are the most gamer friendly systems ever made. we are about to be rewarded for making video gaming a 30 billion dollar a year industry. THANK YOUR NINTENDO, THANK YOU SONY, THANK YOU SEGA , THANK YOU MICROSOFT. thank you for never giving up the fight with each other because it only really rewards the gamers in the end.
i never dreamed video gaming would become so sweet. i freaking grew up on atari and nes. i was 9 years old when the nes came out.

to end ill say this.
be happy with whatever u get. ill be happy with my wii and xbox 360.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I played it. Its really cool steering by tilting the wiimote, but like ive said earlier its gunna have to be how they employ it in games. Overall good. The only problem i could foresee is if teh wiimote gets dropped and the gyro breaks.

Hey if they make a handheld can they call it a wee wii? the slogan can be "now you can play with your wee wii anywhere. "

[edit on 19-11-2006 by truttseeker]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Have you tried out all the Wii Sports title or Zelda yet? Those two games truly show what the Wiimote is capable of. Red Steel was an alright effort and the gunslinging was really cool, Call of duty still beat it hands down in that area though, plus in kicked it in the pants in the AI dept. Sword Fighting needs a lot more work and depth added. The way Zelda did it was perfect. I also think that FPS's need to try to replicate the PC experience as much as possible. Basically where you turn towards is where the cross hairs is centered. Add in a button to simulate picking the mouse up and re situating it on the mouse pad and it would be nearly as good as the Mouse and Keyboard.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is there somewhere I can look online to see what comes in the box? I just want to know what kind of video cable comes with the Wii.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
they need a starwars game for wii..that would be like ultimate ultimateness. They need to get rid of mario games though. They have plateaued. Zelda is amazing and can progress but after mario 3 and mario 64....(example) Mario sunshine....wtf mate.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

[edit on 19-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think I see composite cables. I was hoping for S-video, but I’m sure I’d be able to buy that separately.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
umbrax look here. what u get in the box

i got that from the wii website. wii.nintendo.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks

The reason why I'm checking is because my monitor (which I currently use for my computer, vcr, and PS2) is not working with Composite video. For some reason I just get a black screen. The back light is working fine and if I unhook the Composite line it will say, "No Composite signal," so it seems to be an internal problem.
At any rate the monitor also takes S-Video so it looks like I'll be buying a Wii S-Video Cable.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join