It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Bloggers Technical Questions Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by Umbrax
What I tried was to copy and paste the folio theme css into the Stylesheet CSS.
The thing is, when I do this my entire right panel gets shoved under my blog content.

How about reverting to the older style sheet and then post what fonts you want to change. I can show you where and then how to add custom ones too.

Okay I'll try reverting and go from there

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Quick quesation, I remember Skeptic saying that a link to your blog will be inserted either into your profile, or into the bar with the U2U and stuff. Is that really gonna happen, or did I just read things wrong? And if it does happen, when should that addition be made.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Quick quesation, I remember Skeptic saying that a link to your blog will be inserted either into your profile, or into the bar with the U2U and stuff. Is that really gonna happen, or did I just read things wrong? And if it does happen, when should that addition be made.

I'm sure it's item #17 on the list of 3, 273 things the Overlord has on his plate.

Patience one and all. If he said it, he will deliver.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
what about the audio question? will we be allowed to do that?. possibly podcasts via blog?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm stuck over "Personal Blog", "Random Thoughts", and "Humour and General".
Or can you choose "Random Thoughts" and put Conspiracy's in there every so often if you wish? I'm confused as to what the blog topic will do to the blog.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Skeptic Overlord and Mr. Zedd,

Thank you both very much for your advice earlier to day about the templates. I have read over the Movable Type manual. I am slowly working out what I want to do. I especially will take Mr. Zedd's advice about doing one thing at a time and eke out the changes as I might.

I admit though, the Movable Type code is a little difficult to understand. It is not as easy as bbcode or html. But try as I might, I will try to figure it out and re-configure my blog to do what I want it to do.

I especially would like it to have a calendar like I see on so many other blogs. That is my first task. However, if anyone has advice to push me along, I will be most obliged for the help.

I just wanted you both to know that I appreciate your help and advice. It has gone a long way in aiding me on my first attempt to keep a blog. Hopefully, if I am successful, there will be little nuances for people to see from time to time as the weeks pass.

Again, I wish you to take good care,

--Ceci

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Blogs Will Be Blogs

Originally posted by Nventual
I'm confused as to what the blog topic will do to the blog.

Members can blog about whatever they want -- subject to the T&C for blogs, of course.

The categories SO listed are for the blog contest. Blogs will be voted for in each of those categories.

However, you can write about anything you want, and I personally recommend not worrying too much about categories, but what kind of blog you want the world to see.

Then the world can decide what category best describes your blog.

Edit: Oops! I may be speaking out of turn. SO's post suggests there will be specific topics for blogs. However, I'm pretty sure members can write what they want to. You could aim for a particular topic, though, if you like.

I'm sure SO can correct me on this if I'm out to lunch on it.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by Majic]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Noob blogger here....So when i started editing my blog it wanted me to download things....As during the day im at work on a work CPU and cannot dl things can I still edit without having to dl things?

Sorry for the lame question.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok
I just went with the wind and bought a Blog. I have never blogged before so I certainly hope someone helps me get it going.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Load Analysis

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
Noob blogger here....So when i started editing my blog it wanted me to download things....As during the day im at work on a work CPU and cannot dl things can I still edit without having to dl things?

What did it want you to download?

I haven't been prompted to download anything for my blog.

Was it some sort of browser plug-in?

Taking The Horn By The Bull

Originally posted by semperfortis
Ok
I just went with the wind and bought a Blog. I have never blogged before so I certainly hope someone helps me get it going.

My advice is to play around with it, and bear in mind that you don't have to decorate it all fancy right off the get-go.

All your entries will be saved (if you choose to save them, of course), and will still be there even if you decide to choose a drastically different template or whatnot later on.

I'm still using the default template myself (with an image hacked in, and that's it).

As for what to write, I think you already know.

You have the bullhorn, so speak.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by Majic]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well I just bought mine. Ended up using the "Random" topic because it said that counted "all of the above". Don't know how long I'll have to wait though, not that it matters.

So are you able to have your own banner at the top? (under the ATS one obviously), and can you have your own background picture/template or does it have to be one already on the ATS server?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
these blogs rawk

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Can I add an avatar or picture to my blog, if so can someone tell me how in plain and easy language?

Also I just did A fairly long entry and I can access it when I am signed in to my blog, but when I click on the link, I can't find where to read my post???

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
on left hand menu should be an icon that says upload a file, just upload the picture there and you can either choose to start off an entry with it from there or you can tell it to generate the html and you can copy and past it later into your blog entry.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
But you can't put it in the opening page? The first page where everyone would go to pick which blog they wanted to read?

I put my first blog up OK, now just need to learn to change the font and etc

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Sorry but I am really really stupid with this sort of thing, but i will learn

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hey guys, I have a new question for you:

How do you revert back to the old stylesheet as Umbrax was saying? I tried exactly the same thing he did in order to change the fonts, among other things. Pasting the source code into the template editor didn't work for me as well.

Does anyone have any ideas to get around the links at the top of the css sheet and configure your own stylesheet instead?

Sorry if my question sounds odd, it's still early yet in the morning.
I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Ceci

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Sorry but I am really really stupid with this sort of thing, but i will learn

You're not stupid. If you want to see stupid check out DG's Shack

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i put my page under construction lol. Im having a friend help me with the more advanced coding until i can learn it. Yesterday was my first time touching code and i already figured out most HTML type stuff. I just have to learn CSS a bit better though im already getting th hang of it. I spent several hours (3-11:30) learning HTML and a bit of CSS.

Hard stuff, but im confident.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
How do you revert back to the old stylesheet as Umbrax was saying?

Navigate to the Templates screen:

Check the box next to the "Stylesheet" template. Click the "More Actions" drop-down box and select "Refresh template(s)". The current style sheet will be backed up with a date added to it, and will be removed from the build set. The original default stylesheet will be restored.

[edit on 2006-6-1 by wecomeinpeace]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join