It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minutemen begin building fence in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

If this is the fence shown on the Colbert Report then ...

It was a sad tangle of chicken fence barbed wire and stood no more then 4 feet tall, sagging ever so slightly as a slight windgust threatend to blow it away. Maybe it is symbolic? but direct from one of the minutemen him self "This fence aint gunna do a damn thing..." and everyone else interviewed also sadly stated it was a waste of time. Funny clip though!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think we should build a fence like the great wall of China on the border.

It would be a great tourist attraction, and we could use all kinds of illegal immigrants for labor. Awesome!

Just make sure they finish the wall from the south side.....Boom you gotta a fence to sell cheap t-shirts at and a safer border we can all be proud to have. Of course the drug trade would take a hit, so we would have to try to fix that some how.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

If this is the fence shown on the Colbert Report then ...

It was a sad tangle of chicken fence barbed wire and stood no more then 4 feet tall, sagging ever so slightly as a slight windgust threatend to blow it away. Maybe it is symbolic? but direct from one of the minutemen him self "This fence aint gunna do a damn thing..." and everyone else interviewed also sadly stated it was a waste of time. Funny clip though!

Oh yeah, it was on Comedy Central, so it must be true.:shk:

I always look to the Colbert Report for all my news and opinions.

Edit typo

[edit on 1-6-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oh and surely this fence ....will stop immigration altogether

wake up...
Unless the situation in Mexico isn't resolved or bettered, you're always going to get immigrant, no matter how big, high or scary your fence is...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am all for this wall being built. But what strikes me as wrong (or odd) is that our government is leaving this up to the average American to do this ($$$$). Why isn't the government paying for this and building it? Why are we the people doing this? What happened to our protective government. Why do we need Minutemen when we have a military? This isn't like the old days at all....something is wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Because our politicians have apparently turned stupid. They do not listen to the voices of the American people anymore. How can any elected official not hear that the overwhelming majority of Americans want tough border enforcement? We want action, not empty words.

There are a few politicians that are listening, however. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, and Peter King of NY have shown that they are in tune with their constituents. Other than that, people like John McCain are major disappointments. We may see a flurry of vote-getting speeches from the stupid as the elections draw near, but don't let them off the hook.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Because our politicians have apparently turned stupid. They do not listen to the voices of the American people anymore. How can any elected official not hear that the overwhelming majority of Americans want tough border enforcement? We want action, not empty words.

I guess what I don't understand is that at one point these politicians were part of the "overwhelming majority of Americans". Why have they changed their tune? Is big business paying them under the table? Is Congress and the House all completely corrupt? Why are the politicians not seeing through the average American's eyes? Do they truly believe they are above the law? The majority of Americans would also love to see Bush impeached, but it's not happening. What happened to our democracy, "we the people"? Why can't we take the power away from them? The current administration is ruining our country.....really ruining it!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
People, we americans have been sold out wholesale by both dems and reps.

Read the recent (and excellent) articles by Lou Dobbs on CNN.

You'll also find fact about construction industry employing illegals from 25 to 70% of their workforce, depending on the location. 70% just happens to be in Texas from where our shameful leader hails.

There is no enforcement. There is no respect of law. Businesses get richer by doing this and our society is going down the crapper.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance

I guess what I don't understand is that at one point these politicians were part of the "overwhelming majority of Americans". Why have they changed their tune?

I don't know exactly how or why, but somehow they forget the words they said that got them elected in the first place.

After that, pork barrel and pet projects allow them to funnel money back to their districts. Then the precinct bosses take over, and they manage to bring out the vote when times are easy, and stifle the opposition when the race gets heated.

So, after they are initially voted into office, their allegiance switches from the constituents to the precint bosses. And those bosses ar the only ones they really listen to.

If we want change, it needs to start at the local level.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance
I am all for this wall being built. But what strikes me as wrong (or odd) is that our government is leaving this up to the average American to do this ($$$$). Why isn't the government paying for this and building it? Why are we the people doing this? What happened to our protective government. Why do we need Minutemen when we have a military? This isn't like the old days at all....something is wrong.

Has anyone ever stopped to think why the government is allowing the Minutemen to go down to the border ? This is just my theory on it. We all know that the government wants to get rid of citizens weapons. The present government also has no love for private militias. It would also seems to be stirring up the immigration issue. So if the government does not have the manpower to confiscate weapons or to shut private militias down what is the next best thing ? Could it be to occupy them ? If there was an incident down on the border things definatly have the possibility of getting ugly real quick. So if things get ugly and the military is occupied in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere who will be called in to regain control ? Maybe the guys with the blue hats ? Could the government be trying to kill two birds with one stone all for free ?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
First, SCREW Mexico!!! Not only do they encourage illegal immigration, their annual budget depends on the money sent back by illegals.

Second, I DO NOT believe it is impossible to deport all Illegals. The simple solution is to make them deport themselves. How you ask...well here is an idea.
1) Set a date that all illegals have to turn themselves in. If they do not by this date, then the are forever barred from the US.
2) All illegals turning themselves in, will be fingerprinted, retinal scanned, and have DNA taken. Once deported, they will be barred from applying for any type of legal immigration for 5 years.
3) All business that employee illegals should be shut down and the owners sent to prision.
4) Any illegal who turns them selves in, should be offered the chance to help build a DRACONIAN wall along the border. And any illegalwilling to help with this, the 5 year waiting period will be waived, and they can go directly to the back of the line. Also all jailed business owners can help build the wall to work off their sentence.
5) After this cut off date, being an illegal alien will be a felony, with 1 strike. These people as they are rounded up, will be sent to work farms for 5 to 10 years, will they will do the jobs that no american wants. Instead of the employer paying the illegal under the table, they will pay the Govt. for the cost of incarceration of the worker. There by we reduce the the lure of coming here and sending money back home. Business gets cheap labor, and Mexico reaps none of the benefits. After their term they are deported. If they are cought here again illegal, there are no second chances. They will be executed as invaders.
6) Illegals after this date, will not be able to receive any benefit from the US, except life saving care.

Only by making coming here illegal, worth the risk of execution, will we stem the flow.

For those who ask what a DRACONIAN WALL is, let me explain....First a highly electrified fence will be built along the border. A 300 yard buffer between this and the next fence is to be filled with landmines. The second electrified fence, will have a 100yard buffer zone, before the final fence, filled with wild wolves. Then will be a third and final electrified fence. The only spanish signs in the whole country wil be on the first fence. After that no warning. There will be cameras and sensors placed after the first fence, so that on some chance someone makes it through to the third fence, the border patrol will be waiting there for them

For those of you who call this extreme, guess what IT IS!!! It's time America starts taking care of Americans. We spend billions of dollars on forieng aid to countries which seek our destruction. And in the case of Mexico, it sends it's problems here, instead of reforming its own country. Well enough!! We have homeless, and severley poor AMERICANS, on whom this money can better be spent.

It's time to treat these illegals like what they are, INVADERS!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
I think we should build a fence like the great wall of China on the border.

The Great wall of China is a "fence"??

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That fence isnt going to do crap. Even if you build a huge wall, people will dig under it.
This isnt the middle ages, fences dont do anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I cant wait until they put that fence up, but they still have a lot more to do. Its a step in the right direction, so I am all for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
A step in the right direction ? is everyone absolutly 100 % sure about that ?
We build a fence to keep out what ? People from feeding thier families ?
People that want a better life ? I bet most of you are WOP's any way.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
First, SCREW Mexico!!! Not only do they encourage illegal immigration, their annual budget depends on the money sent back by illegals.

Second, I DO NOT believe it is impossible to deport all Illegals. The simple solution is to make them deport themselves. How you ask...well here is an idea.
1) Set a date that all illegals have to turn themselves in. If they do not by this date, then the are forever barred from the US.
2) All illegals turning themselves in, will be fingerprinted, retinal scanned, and have DNA taken. Once deported, they will be barred from applying for any type of legal immigration for 5 years.
3) All business that employee illegals should be shut down and the owners sent to prision.
4) Any illegal who turns them selves in, should be offered the chance to help build a DRACONIAN wall along the border. And any illegalwilling to help with this, the 5 year waiting period will be waived, and they can go directly to the back of the line. Also all jailed business owners can help build the wall to work off their sentence.
5) After this cut off date, being an illegal alien will be a felony, with 1 strike. These people as they are rounded up, will be sent to work farms for 5 to 10 years, will they will do the jobs that no american wants. Instead of the employer paying the illegal under the table, they will pay the Govt. for the cost of incarceration of the worker. There by we reduce the the lure of coming here and sending money back home. Business gets cheap labor, and Mexico reaps none of the benefits. After their term they are deported. If they are cought here again illegal, there are no second chances. They will be executed as invaders.
6) Illegals after this date, will not be able to receive any benefit from the US, except life saving care.

Only by making coming here illegal, worth the risk of execution, will we stem the flow.

For those who ask what a DRACONIAN WALL is, let me explain....First a highly electrified fence will be built along the border. A 300 yard buffer between this and the next fence is to be filled with landmines. The second electrified fence, will have a 100yard buffer zone, before the final fence, filled with wild wolves. Then will be a third and final electrified fence. The only spanish signs in the whole country wil be on the first fence. After that no warning. There will be cameras and sensors placed after the first fence, so that on some chance someone makes it through to the third fence, the border patrol will be waiting there for them

For those of you who call this extreme, guess what IT IS!!! It's time America starts taking care of Americans. We spend billions of dollars on forieng aid to countries which seek our destruction. And in the case of Mexico, it sends it's problems here, instead of reforming its own country. Well enough!! We have homeless, and severley poor AMERICANS, on whom this money can better be spent.

It's time to treat these illegals like what they are, INVADERS!!!!!!

Well said! I wholeheartedly agree with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I spoke to a builder who used to hire illegals- He's a little short on labor, but summer is usually hard anyways. He said he was afraid of getting arrested for hiring them. It works, just a deterrent, that was always in effect but not enforced until a rumor started that it would be enforced. So our governor- Janet- is right in my opinion. Her stance that law enforcement go after the people doing the hiring would dry up the demand. I believe it has worked in this instance.
Gangs and carjacking, drunk driving and people with no car insurance, these are just a few of the problems that we face. It isn't just an illegal immigrant problem that causes them. Law enforcement is more interested in seizing properties of legal residents to pay their salaries than taking a bite out of crime. Yeah, take their boat and their 100k home for a drug bust. It's like a profit motive for the cops - not much profit in busting illegals for anything- doncha' think?

p.s. Phoenix resident

top topics

<< 1   >>

join