It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Rockpuck
If this is the fence shown on the Colbert Report then ...
It was a sad tangle of chicken fence barbed wire and stood no more then 4 feet tall, sagging ever so slightly as a slight windgust threatend to blow it away. Maybe it is symbolic? but direct from one of the minutemen him self "This fence aint gunna do a damn thing..." and everyone else interviewed also sadly stated it was a waste of time. Funny clip though!
Originally posted by jsobecky
Because our politicians have apparently turned stupid. They do not listen to the voices of the American people anymore. How can any elected official not hear that the overwhelming majority of Americans want tough border enforcement? We want action, not empty words.
Originally posted by zerotolerance
I guess what I don't understand is that at one point these politicians were part of the "overwhelming majority of Americans". Why have they changed their tune?
Originally posted by zerotolerance
I am all for this wall being built. But what strikes me as wrong (or odd) is that our government is leaving this up to the average American to do this ($$$$). Why isn't the government paying for this and building it? Why are we the people doing this? What happened to our protective government. Why do we need Minutemen when we have a military? This isn't like the old days at all....something is wrong.
Originally posted by sbob
I think we should build a fence like the great wall of China on the border.
Originally posted by CSRules
First, SCREW Mexico!!! Not only do they encourage illegal immigration, their annual budget depends on the money sent back by illegals.
Second, I DO NOT believe it is impossible to deport all Illegals. The simple solution is to make them deport themselves. How you ask...well here is an idea.
1) Set a date that all illegals have to turn themselves in. If they do not by this date, then the are forever barred from the US.
2) All illegals turning themselves in, will be fingerprinted, retinal scanned, and have DNA taken. Once deported, they will be barred from applying for any type of legal immigration for 5 years.
3) All business that employee illegals should be shut down and the owners sent to prision.
4) Any illegal who turns them selves in, should be offered the chance to help build a DRACONIAN wall along the border. And any illegalwilling to help with this, the 5 year waiting period will be waived, and they can go directly to the back of the line. Also all jailed business owners can help build the wall to work off their sentence.
5) After this cut off date, being an illegal alien will be a felony, with 1 strike. These people as they are rounded up, will be sent to work farms for 5 to 10 years, will they will do the jobs that no american wants. Instead of the employer paying the illegal under the table, they will pay the Govt. for the cost of incarceration of the worker. There by we reduce the the lure of coming here and sending money back home. Business gets cheap labor, and Mexico reaps none of the benefits. After their term they are deported. If they are cought here again illegal, there are no second chances. They will be executed as invaders.
6) Illegals after this date, will not be able to receive any benefit from the US, except life saving care.
Only by making coming here illegal, worth the risk of execution, will we stem the flow.
For those who ask what a DRACONIAN WALL is, let me explain....First a highly electrified fence will be built along the border. A 300 yard buffer between this and the next fence is to be filled with landmines. The second electrified fence, will have a 100yard buffer zone, before the final fence, filled with wild wolves. Then will be a third and final electrified fence. The only spanish signs in the whole country wil be on the first fence. After that no warning. There will be cameras and sensors placed after the first fence, so that on some chance someone makes it through to the third fence, the border patrol will be waiting there for them
For those of you who call this extreme, guess what IT IS!!! It's time America starts taking care of Americans. We spend billions of dollars on forieng aid to countries which seek our destruction. And in the case of Mexico, it sends it's problems here, instead of reforming its own country. Well enough!! We have homeless, and severley poor AMERICANS, on whom this money can better be spent.
It's time to treat these illegals like what they are, INVADERS!!!!!!