It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minutemen begin building fence in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This weekend, the Minutemen began building a fence on the Arizona-Mexico border, at the very same spot where they began their border patrols in November, 2002.

The Minuteman group plans to install fencing, including a combination of barbed wire, razor wire and in some spots steel rail barriers, along the bulk of the Ladds' property in the coming weeks. They hope it prompts the federal government to do the same along the entire Arizona border.
www.foxnews.com...

In addition to the above, plans are to dig a trench in front of the fence to prevent vehicles from crashing it.

The Minutemen have been receiving much help in this effort, including large cash donations and mucho volunteers.

They are doing what our own Senate is apparently reluctant to do. I salute their efforts.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly. Especially since the land they're building it on, is private land. And they have the land owner's permission to do so.

All the pro-Illegal people can't say squat about it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh yes they can,

all the pro-illegal (Anti-Law) proponents will cry that its a racist act.

Human races:
Black, Brown, Red, White, Yellow and Mexican.
This of course stems from the arguments of the inherently-stupid that people belonging to a socio-political or tribal group are in fact a race on their own.

Ignorance is natural, stupidity takes commitment - David Gerrold

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They can cry me a freaking river for all I care, perhaps to fill in that trench?

Neither them, nor Arlen Specter’s shameful last minute addition to the Senate immigration bill can stop this construction processes since its on private land.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yes it is on private land, and the people that own that land have a ranch that shares 10 miles with the Mexican border.

Now that's what I call a ranch!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yes it is on private land, and the people that own that land have a ranch that shares 10 miles with the Mexican border.

Now that's what I call a ranch!

Yep, that's a ranch!
The key to this fence being built is Private land. I was pleased to hear the $$ amounts that have been raised for fence building by the Minutemen.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hopefully the gov't will pick up the slack when the fence needs to be built on gov't land. I'm sure the Minutemen can raise enough funds and people to build the fence from Texas to California, if necessary. People are definitely behind them; I hear it almost daily from total strangers, that they support the Minutemen.

This is the biggest challenge the Senate and the House have had to face in years. The way that they react will influence their re-election bids.

If you want to see what unchecked immigration leads to, just look at France. Remember not so long ago when Paris was burning?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The beautiful city was not being burned by immigrants it was being burnt by religous people! The problem was not with the people who were there legally it was thier religous ideals that caused the riots. Thankfully I was not in Paris when the riots happened or in the surrounding areas.

But your border is a problem with illegally people. Legal is ok anywhere, the person follows the law, but these illegal people are breaking a law and that is wrong. I had to get my Visa and passport and transfer notice approved to get to the new office in America, these people walk across the border which is wrong! It would be like every poor person who did not speak Francois walking into France from Germany and making it a mess.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yumi
The beautiful city was not being burned by immigrants it was being burnt by religous people! The problem was not with the people who were there legally it was thier religous ideals that caused the riots. Thankfully I was not in Paris when the riots happened or in the surrounding areas.

Second-generation immigrants were the ones who burned Paris. And you are correct, they were of a particular religious persuasion.

Poverty was a big factor in the Paris riots. I don't want to see that happen here. And unless we stem this tide of illegal immigrants, it will happen here. We have enough of a problem with poor inner cities and gangs as it is.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Anyone that wants to fence their property certainly has the right to keep anybody from trespassing on the land they bought and paid for. And 10 mi of fence is certainly a noble effort.

But lets be realistic here; the only sure way to keep illegals out is for the businesses that hire them to stop. Think that's gonna happen?

What I think will happen is that most illegals will be made legal by an act of congress with a simple ID card, easily counterfitted, so the businesses that profit
from cheap labor can continue to do so.

From what I can see, the Administration is much more pro business than anti illegal Immigration.

The National Guard on the border is just a hollow gesture to placate the critics.

jsobecky, I think your France reference is prophetic as to what will happen in America in the not to distant future unless some REALISTIC adjustments are made.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am all for building a fence an diging a trench around it and fill it with deadly animals so any one dumb enough to go through the trench will die and/or grt badly hurt.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by spot504]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't have any money to give but if I lived closer I would volunteer my time to help. A 1500+ miles is a little far to go to help out on a saturday afternoon though. lol

Pass

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Minutemen are true American Patriots who not only walk the walk but also talk the talk.

The Congress and Senate are true capitalists who talk the talk but refuse to walk the walk.

Like the rest of America I too have lost complete confidence in our legislative branch. Whatever power the Congress and Senate still maintain due to the Executive Branch incurring on their power, is used to pander to big business in return for bigger bucks.

Hopefully, after the Minutemen get done with the 2000 mile fence along the Mexican border they can proceed to put one up around the halls of Congress. Just think if the houses of congress couldn't meet Big Business wouldn't get as many kick backs and small-medium businesses might stand a chance against them.

God Bless the Minutemen!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Mayabe If Americans spending less time spewing out a world record amount of partisan crap and spend more time dealing with the issues at hand these Minutemen wouldnt be needed.
How could the legal citzens of any countrie let things get so bad ?

You may now return to your meaningless partisan debates the illegal aliens probaly produce the partisan crap in order to prevent anyone from questioning there presence in the country.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Mayabe If Americans spending less time spewing out a world record amount of partisan crap and spend more time dealing with the issues at hand these Minutemen wouldnt be needed.
How could the legal citzens of any countrie let things get so bad ?

Because in this country, everything is talked to death before step one is taken to fix anything.

If a solution is implemented without being debated to death, the people who do it are called part of a Nazi totalitarian regime which is supported by a police state.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I can understand why people would accuse politicans of creating a police state when it comes to NSA wiretapping and the likes of the christian tailban. However surely having a secure border in place is needed in order to maintain a countries sovereignty.

The only benfit from illegal aliens is the business community. I dont have a problem with people entering a countrie legally and contributing taxs e.t.c .
And to answer the argument I dont care what skin colour illegal immigrants have they should be kicked out of what ever countrie there in.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
What the US really needs to do is work with Mexico to improve conditions and wages over there. We could build the tallest fence in the world and it won't keep them out. By improving the education system in Mexico more children will be able to create their own businesses and help stimulate the economy. We have to think long term in order to solve this issue.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
By improving the education system in Mexico more children will be able to create their own businesses and help stimulate the economy. We have to think long term in order to solve this issue.

Your idea is good however you need to answer some questions.
Just how will the US government improve the edcation system In Mexico ?
Surely your not going to put more money in the hands of corrupt politicans ?
Aside from those questions I think building the wall is a better idea in this case.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So, does anybody other than me see the fence/wall as anything but a temporary and not very effective way of keeping Illegals out.

Again, the underlying problem is that people hire illegals for cheap wages thus it seems that only illegals are willing to work that cheap.

To me it makes more sense to attack the REAL problem rather than strut the macho dance of fence building and filling trenches with wild animals.

I'll guarantee you that if there were no jobs, the illegals would stay home or go somewhere else where there are jobs.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
As much as I would like some control at the border, the fence being built is not even a temporary fix to the problem. We need to get to the root of the issue, not try to make amends and patch it. Mexico’s economic system is in need of help (for our sake, we need to help our neighbor). American’s continually hiring illegal workers for the sake of cheap wages does not help either. Frankly, the fence and trench are a joke. Where there is a will, there is a way… count on it! They will continue to come in droves unless the issue is truly addressed. Is this the best America can do? We have more capability than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join