It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of UFO taken in Area 51 hangar, this is it, the picture of the century!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
my two cents:

if that is a spacecraft (which it may or may not be) aerodynamics do not apply. there is no air in space to necessitate friction-reducing design.

keen pic, anyway. i just can't believe anything any more, though.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Now what is this contraption resting on? Is it floating with the help of some anti grav genset? I don't see any supports.
Seems real fishy to me. And this 'UFO' looks soooo crude, it seems to be a hand made job!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So BirdEmbryo is that your ID( BorealFace) or someone else that is supposedly a 3D graphic wiz?

By the way Good investigating job Rand.

Lets see what Embryo has to say about this.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by toogood]

[edit on 28-5-2006 by toogood]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Ok, so I've visited a couple gaming sites and 3d graphic sites. How many of you haven't done the same? Eevrybody uses some program photoshop, and I challange you, if you say this is a hoax, to reproduce a like image. I trust harold and I know this is real. By the way, Harold is currently emailing me the other two pictures/

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
One more twist: the image was originally named
"C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Vimana Base.jpg"

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
yep, sure looks like 3d graphix to me too

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Your busted lol.... rand got you by the nads.

To bad you messed up, this would of been a good hoax.............

Good luck next time......nice picture

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
ANOTHER FAKE!!!!

sorry, but there is no way an object as such can cast such a 'single'' perfectly outlined/defined shadow on a factory flooR.with four fluerescent striplights positioned quite symetrically above.

WHY DIDN,T THE TWO STRIPLIGHTS on the right/backside of the''craft'' not only wash out the single casted shadow but also produce another on the opposite side..
or even four seperate faded ones????? YOU,RE BUSTED!!

[edit on 28-5-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
then Birdembryo for the next pics tell Harold to lower the bumpmapping on the ground and check the shadow casting for every light this time...

...yeaah sure.. make 2 or 3 realistic (almost realistic here) black&white cgi pics of : an empty room with a flying saucer cost million ^^...

there is nothing subtle in this one, just a few plugin and filter baldy used

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

WHY DIDN,T THE TWO STRIPLIGHTS on the right/backside of the''craft'' not only wash out the single casted shadow but also produce another on the opposite side..

My guess would be that the person who did the CGI didn't take that into consideration.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdEmbryo
Ok, so I've visited a couple gaming sites and 3d graphic sites. How many of you haven't done the same?

We've all done it, but few of us are claiming to have the holy grail of UFO pictures in hand.

Eevrybody uses some program photoshop, and I challange you, if you say this is a hoax, to reproduce a like image.

Not everybody asks for help and opinions about a $8000 professional photorealistic 3-d modelling program they want to learn so they can get a job making images of, apparently, spaceships.

Someone wiser than me here at ATS said something like "the presenter should provide the proof." You brought the picture; if you want people to believe it's not a hoax you better be ready to prove it's not a hoax.

Cancelling standing accounts at forums and hosting providers doesn't go a long way to instilling confidence in your audience, by the way; it just looks like you're trying to cover your tracks.

d1k

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Cancelling standing accounts at forums and hosting providers doesn't go a long way to instilling confidence in your audience, by the way; it just looks like you're trying to cover your tracks.

How so? Because you say he is?

I'm still on the fence on this one but you are bringing up points that could mean absolutely nothing. How are you putting these accounts on the other sites with this member who posted the pic? What does a gaming site have anything to do with this picture?

You guys are just as quick to claim a hoax as he is that it is real, give me something more solid then just renamed files and accounts on other forums cause if that's all you got it's not proving anything.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the shadowing, can someone pleae point out in more detail the problem with the lighting?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just thought I would throw this out there...

By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems relevant.

d1k

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
Just thought I would throw this out there...

By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems relevant.

Easy there chief, we're not burning anyone at the stake yet. No one has proved this is a fake yet.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No one has proved this is a fake yet.

Proven, perhaps not...YET.

It sure does stink to high heaven of being a fake.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
D1k.

Every light source in a room casts a shadow or masks a shadow produced by another light source to some degree.

the picture suggests a single. VERRRRRRRRRRRY powerful light source approximately 45 degrees above left/back of the object.

this suggests that the two striplights above left produced this.now since there are two above right.why didn,t they do the same. they look just as powerful.

why one shadow from four lights??
there seems to be an even more potent light source from the back of the room... lighted panels/doorway... why didnt this wash out the single shadow from the top left..

hope this helps

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I personally don't see anything wrong with the shadowing, can someone pleae point out in more detail the problem with the lighting?

just look where the light hit the ufo, just look where the ufo's shadow is casted...
just look the shape of the shadow and the kind of light you have above, just look the ground

1 = for someone used to 3d software its obvious
you see that there is setting mistake for the kind of light it's supposed to be, the scale for the "noise" on the floor is too big etc...
2 = the statement about the difficulty to make that kind of pic for someone who know how work 3d software mean that Bird lying (a pics that kind in b&w is EXTREMELY easy to made )

1+2 = hoax

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Excellent work digging that link info and forum info up RAND. An interactive reflection is not hard to do nowadays with todays technology. Look at games such as HalfLife2, Quake 4 and many others. If you would have presented this over in the members creation forum u mighta got a bunch of Attaboys and nice job thumbs up, but instead you decided to present this as real and in doing so, have labeled urself one of the many recent hoaxsters.

As one of the other members pointed out. those strip lights would have created a shadow on both sides, not just one prominent one. nice try but not quite there 3d boy.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Oh the shadows are just completely wrong. Pay close attention to the underneath of the "craft", take a look at the little black line running down the left side where the ground goes downwards, the underneath of the craft should have a shadow from the left hand lights even though the right hand lights illuminate the underneath.

A very poor fake job.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
By the way borealface i,d love to see more of your work. especially the moon mining robot... oh one other thing

if the girl you,re after has a bo who is 'packing a strap' i,d steer clear even if she is a 12/10

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join