It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of UFO taken in Area 51 hangar, this is it, the picture of the century!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
1997 photograph would pretty well mean it was of the old Silver Oxide format, so why not take us a shot of the actual photo or negative ?. No point really as everyone had pretty quickly cottoned onto the fact this is just another fake/hoax/fraud/BS attemp at 15 minutes of fame, sad but true.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by mazzroth]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Parallelogram...I must point out that even blind freddy can understand aerodynamics apply to air not space so I dont feel I should have to point out that the picture clearly shows obtrusive high laminar flow points on the underside that would clearly induce high surface drag and stabilitiy issues, to the the layman.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by mazzroth]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
the fact this is just another fake/hoax/fraud/BS attemp at 15 minutes of fame, sad but true.

or just a way to check his skill for maya/3ds..
and then the result is : you still have to learn

jra

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
It's a decent fake, but still not good enough. Tip... use higher res textures. Especially on the ground. The bump mapping doesn't look too good either. The hanger itself doesn't look quite right, you should take a look at some real photos of hanger interiors. Also if you're trying to pass this off as a photo shot on film, it wouldn't be this sharp, plus there should be at least a little bit of film grain as well.

Better luck next time.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   

here,s some you can use as a base for modelling, including lighting, for your next hoax

[edit: resized image]

[edit on 5/28/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
These pics show up on Fark every so often when someone starts talking about UFOs. These in particular, I've seen at least a year and change ago.

Fake. Scam. Lie. Ban?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
lol diffently a fake, but you goggle the real photo name...somthing base or whatever and heres what u get
www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc116.htm
atleast the story is on the right track...maybe instead of 3d art you could start writing fiction novels cause...well your 3d art...sux....sorry

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Come on guys... you can't be serius about this...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hey .just while the ufo guys are here having a laugh.. just wondering about the vril pics i posted,

does anyone have anything concrete to prove the nazis actually got them working. and what was their propulsion method?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hoax after hoax... it's getting harder and harder to take anything related to UFOs from outer space seriously.

Quite naive from the hoaxster to believe that he could pass a picture so artificial-looking as the real thing.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The pic is not real, its looks like a render of a 3D model. Belive me theydo look like that.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Its a fake, why is there a shadow inside?

The shadow isn't the correct shape.

The floor is obviously CG.

If there was a shadow inside, the above left side of the craft would be bathed in light. Instead the above right side seems to be lit more than the left side.

Looks like a lock and ban should be coming soon.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
LOL. i cant believe we,ve all missed the most obvious light rendering error

where the floor changes from right to left there is a shadow suggesting a 1ft approx drop..ALL THE WAY ALONG .soooooo the light from the right hand side striplights must have cast this,meaning of course that it would have had to pass THROUGH the object to cast a shadow. in the OPPOSITE direction of the shadow cast from the left hand striplights.

pixel rendering at the back of the lower floor looks like its aliased also the striplights themself have the ''select/cut'' feel in places. no perspective to them.

Isn,t it about time this thread was shut now it turned into a graphic design discussion??

It,s a pity..the oppurtunity was there for possibly the fastest banning ever. 15mins
has there been a faster one?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Look at the door. Clank! Here we are planet earth! Haha!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The first few seconds i looked at these i knew they were 3D rendered images, the bump mapping of the floor and ceiling says it all, if you've ever played Doom3 on the PC you would know what i mean, just buy looking at this picture i know its been created in a 3D rendering program, I've used 3D rendering programs like 3D max, blender, Bryce, lightwave over the years and it just sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

Nice try tho but no cigar(pardon the pun)

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yeah i took a look at the picture and i cab tell you it is fake. i use a program called cinema 4d which i leaned at a media course in college and definitly know the traits of cg work. To be honest it is quite amatur lighting and texture rendering and hasn't used any radiosity or anything! sorry but its fake! -extra

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Dear,dear,dear....it must be the hoax time of the year..or is that all year round ? Picture of the century...dont make me laugh

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You would think that after seeing so many get dismantled on this site for trying to hoax, people would know that it's not even worth trying by now. I'd say it would be easier to murder someone in a room full of video cameras without getting caught then it is to pull one over the eyes of the people here. Seriously, I'd try lying to Jesus before I tried lying on this site. But for entertainment's sake, let's see these other two pictures!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You guys want your proof that UFO's exist and in the hands of the US military?

Four words...Col. Phillip J. Corso. He'll tell you everything you need to know. He had clearance for Roswell and was involved with the Foreign technology division and project blue book. Maybe even MJ 12.

He's flat out admitted that the US has recovered multiple ships from other worlds and has said that the military has back engineered their own versions. The triangle ufo's are the military man made ones.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
DANG! Just when you think at long last there is some half decent proof on offer, it gets shown to be fake in a matter of moments.

Good job Rand with the investigative work, guys like you are surely needed to stop people from lying.

I'll add this picture to the folder labled "FAKES" and show my buds at the next LAN.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join