It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been a Yorkshireman for over 15 years I know it all....ask me anything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi I'm T Trubballshoota,

I say what I like and like what I say.

I have been a Yorkshire knowall for over 15 years in gods own county. Its t' largest county in UK, y,know. County of the White Rose. Witout Yorkshire teyd be ney england and t' world woodt be a difren place.

'appen, there t'aint ney mining 'ant I neer been deen pit, but theres more t Yorkshire than coal tha knows.

I know about t'all conspiracies and this forum needs t' Yorkshiremans bluff point of view.

Get kettle on lass, gonna a be a late'un

GA ON.....ASK ME 'OWT??

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Has there ever been a Yorkshire conspiracy involving either pidgeons or whippets?
And what's the best beer up there?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Okay smarty pants

Q. What is the molecular disposition of the sun ?

Q. How many fingers am I holding up ?

Q. What is the square root of pi ?

That outta keep you busy for a few seconds.........Gods country lol.....BC is Gods country chap.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Census

i can guess how many fingers you are holding up

Square root of pi?

Well, if you need the value to evaluate an expression and get a number for a result, then I would push the square root button on your calculator.

If you are using this in a equation, then I would just represent it.

i.e. sqrrt(pi )

pi is a constant, but it is not an easy number to work with. Generally its best to leave it as "pi" until you need to calculate a result.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Okay, what the heck is Yorkshire pudding?!!
I mean, it just looks like bread dough to me...Jeez, I think even Bill Cosby would have a hard time endorsing that stuff.
mmmm...pudding.Yummy chocolaty pudding...
On a more serious note, any unusual UK military ops going on in your neck of the woods?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
OK.
This person comes on and says he's been a Yorkshire man for 15 years.

Whoopee dooo. I have been all my life. The terminology he came out with is utter rubbish.

This also smacks of another thread started by The Trouble Shooter (spelling?) Different name and spelling.

Any thing about Yorkshire you need to know, and if i can, i Will try my best to answer. Please don't go to ill educated people who obviously have no idea.

As for Yorkshire puddings, well thats easy. You know what they make your pancakes out of? Eggs, flour and milk? Well it is exactly the same, except you put the mixture in a hot oven for it to rise.

This goes back years. It was a means of supplementing the meal, because not a lot of people could afford a decent joint of beef etc.

Oh and by the way. Not all Yorkshire men are whippets and pigeons. Thats an old adage from long ago.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Any thing about Yorkshire you need to know, and if i can, i Will try my best to answer. Please don't go to ill educated people who obviously have no idea.

Know any good flat cap shops ?

[edit on 25-5-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo

Yeah of course i do. Theres one next to the common sense shop. Shall i call in there and get you one of each?

How about keeping the thread real?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Eee-bah-gum,

Okay sorry ,
this is a very serious thread after all, sorry to lower the tone ,

Maybe after you've picked up my common sense and flat cap , you could stop by at the doctors and see about getting yourself a sense of humour by-pass.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why is it that every lorry (truck) based in Yorkshire has to have either a white rose or the word 'Yorkshire' emblazoned BLATANTLY on the cab somewhere -- and I don't mean the address of the firm.

BTW I'm born and bred here, but I can't answer this.

Census, it said county not country. God's Own County == Yorkshire.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Pronounced York-sher.
Or
York-shyre?

And if it's the first one, why?

WE have a similar problem in Massachusetts..
Town called Woburn....Woe-burn.
But they pronunce it Wubun.

It confuses me.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
Has there ever been a Yorkshire conspiracy involving either pidgeons or whippets?
And what's the best beer up there?

1) Some say t' pidgeons are ethereal beings from another dimension. Not all pidgeons belong to Yorkshire though. Yorkshire pidgeons are t' loudest of course. Whippets are not as good as hounds on a hunt..not that we do that round here anymore of course
Mr Blair. The only conspiracy I know of involving them is the one about the Yorkshire Parkin (a sort of sweet snack) cartell and the monopoly of the pudding mines.
Some say Timothys is best beer but nay lad, any Yorkshire beer is the best beer.

Okay smarty pants

Q. What is the molecular disposition of the sun ?

That outta keep you busy for a few seconds.........Gods country lol.....BC is Gods country chap.

1) Very hot and energetic, like a Yorkshire lass in the kitchen.
2) None. The only way you can hold up fingers is with the other hand. If you were holding them up you couldnt be typing.
3) Pen n t' paper gives about 1.77. The value depends on the value of PI you use.

Sorry meant gods country. Where ever there is a Yorkshire man it is gods country.

and

i can guess how many fingers you are holding up
'appen its two

As you say, use PI as a symbol, then calculate using the value needed for required accuracy. Anyway 'appen that PI tis but a ratio. Mathematics becomes philosophy here can you have a square root of a non discrete ratio?

Originally posted by triptrippington
Okay, what the heck is Yorkshire pudding?!!
I mean, it just looks like bread dough to me...Jeez, I think even Bill Cosby would have a hard time endorsing that stuff.
mmmm...pudding.Yummy chocolaty pudding...
On a more serious note, any unusual UK military ops going on in your neck of the woods?

Yorkshire Pudding. Milk, flour eggs and t' salt. To be honest and blunt cookings what we got lasses for. No real man cooks. Why is called pudding? Appen its aboot the eggs n flour. In England not all puddin is sweet. Steak n kidney pudding is not sweet but 't custard on it is
Becareful though we do Pontefract cakes thats not cakes as well. And Wensleydale cheese thats not really cheese...well dont taste like it anyhow.

You know what they make your pancakes out of? Eggs, flour and milk?

You sure your from Yorkshire you forgot t' salt.

Not all Yorkshire men are whippets and pigeons. Thats an old adage from long ago.

EEh lad...dont forget t' legacy of the past. Cant deny what we are.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by buckaroo]

Dont need flat cap shops in Yorkshire. T' cap is passed on from generation to generation. My cap dates back to a feudal king of York....its about 1600 years old.
Perhaps someone should open a shop though. Some homes have only one cap and have to share it. This means that only one male of the household is allowed out at a time. This werent problem in days of mining cos you wore it in shifts and could share it to and from t' pit.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Eee-bah-gum,

Okay sorry ,
this is a very serious thread after all, sorry to lower the tone ,

Maybe after you've picked up my common sense and flat cap , you could stop by at the doctors and see about getting yourself a sense of humour by-pass.

We are in Yorkshire, we dont have a sense of humour. Smiling uses less muscles than being miserable. Yorkshiremen are not lazy. We allways use more energy than needed. We only started using t' wheel 50 years ago delivering Hovis on t' bike.

By t' way have you tried Eeh Bah Gum it tastes like Wensleydale cheese..........

Originally posted by CarlosG
Why is it that every lorry (truck) based in Yorkshire has to have either a white rose or the word 'Yorkshire' emblazoned BLATANTLY on the cab somewhere -- and I don't mean the address of the firm.

Be proud of t' White Rose lad. The symbol of Yorkshire should be loud and proud...like a Yorkshireman. Ponsy southern folk call it Rosa Alba or summat. Its all part of the master plan to dominate t' world by the Duke of York in t' 1400s 'appen.

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Pronounced York-sher.
Or
York-shyre?

And if it's the first one, why?

The rest of the world dont speak Yorkshire proper they call it English.
Our consonants, vowels n t' grammars different.
Phonetically we'd say Eyoorkshah 'appen.

Bye for now

EEh your a female put t' kettle on and make us tee!!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here goes!

What's a scarrzed git? sp?
Is Madonna circumcised or not?
Has the British Miltary ever officially worn Plimsoles?
Why do Brits refer to their country as Blighty?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by T Trubballshoota

Hi I'm T Trubballshoota,

[...]

I know about t'all conspiracies and this forum needs t' Yorkshiremans bluff point of view.

cute stage entrance,

Q #1: Why did you choose 'T Trubbalshoota'
instead of "Prophet YahWeh" or whatever,

has that spoof/spoofer become irrelevent ,
and might hit a nerve with the members here?

in any case ~welcome friend ! ~

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

OK.
This person comes on and says he's been a Yorkshire man for 15 years.

Ney lad. I said been a Yorkshireman for over 15 years.

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Here goes!

What's a scarrzed git? sp?
Is Madonna circumcised or not?
Has the British Miltary ever officially worn Plimsoles?
Why do Brits refer to their country as Blighty?

1) I think you mean "skowsgitt" (this is a phonetic spelling). It means someone from Liverpool. Also commonly known as "fieving-skowsgitt"
2) No shes normal sized?
3) Depending on spelling yes. (Plimsolls/ plimsoles)
4) From days of The Raj. Word for foreign. Which the Brits were, even though they owned it

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by T Trubballshoota

Hi I'm T Trubballshoota,

[...]

cute stage entrance,

Q #1: Why did you choose 'T Trubbalshoota'
instead of "Prophet YahWeh" or whatever,

has that spoof/spoofer become irrelevent ,
and might hit a nerve with the members here?

in any case ~welcome friend ! ~

EEh thanks. 'appen that t' name is similar t'other Tha Troubleshooter. Must be t' coincidence. I am from Yorkshire no sense of humour me.
I remember T' Prophet Yahweh he was shown to be as daft as a brush. Eeh theres sum barn pots eer.

As for cute stage entrance. I am a Yorkshire man and t' world is t' stage. Theres nowt more we like to do than hear our own voice. S'pose this makes us a bit theatrical.
We like to be center of attention, tha knows. We have to be loud to communicate with each other...t' neighbours could be miles away and t' toilet is outside wit no lock

Soon be dinner time. T' lass will be 'ome soon, she 'ad to pickup a horse. Thought lass would be home by now but t' horse is a shire horse and its heavy...and lass s'not so strong anymore.

Anyhow any females out there know where t' kitchen is. I wanna brew.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, I was born in Yorkshire, Leeds actually. I have been living in Canada since I was three, so about 40 years I have been here, so I consider myself a Canuck thru and thru.

Still love my tea though and yorkshire pudding, nobody makes it better than a Yorkshire person though, my Mom, rest her soul, gave me a recipe thats about 300 bloody years old and everyone who tries it says it's the best.

The trick is to use very very hot pork dripping fat instead of butter when you grease the baking dish, muffin tin etc, and while the dripping fat is still hot, pour in the pudding mix. Nice and light on the inside and perfectly slightly crisp on the outside. Not to mention the hint of roast pork flavour. Don't forget the gravy.mmm...

Have fun at ATS and maybe hear you round the threads.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thx TT, Round two

What is an Aintree Iron?
Did Theo Adorno write the Beatles music ?
Is Knighthood just further affirmation of being an evil bastard ?
Who killed Mountbatton?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Rumor has it.....that Yorkshireman knew too much!....He was dragged kicking a screaming from his home and now is being held against his will by irate Liverpudlians. See what happens when you claim to know everything. BTW...I know nothing.....and my posts will prove it!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ahh, for over 15 Years you have been a Yorkshire man, thats great.
Been one all my life myself though.

I need proof though from you.

Who is 'Lord' Mike Morris?
Where can you buy the best Pork Pie in the county/country/WORLD?
Which is Better - Whitby, Scarborough or Filey?
How long does it take to travel from Leeds to Manchester?

OK, i know the answers to these questions, so IF you can get them right you truly are a Yorkshire Man, if not, then i call you a Lancashire Wannabee!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join