It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invoking Gods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
anyone else practice this ?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It looks like those Gods could be something like Godforms, which are very advanced sorts of thoughtforms. So they might be created by man... Of course that wouldn't take away from them being beings in their own right.

Personally I'm not that interested in invoking Gods or spirits at the moment. Just trying to better myself first, but I have a tool which would work perfectly in doing the job (won't mention it here though-u2u if you want info).

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Mmm. When he channels the monkey god can he turn into a wasp and summon a cloud?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by albie
Mmm. When he channels the monkey god can he turn into a wasp and summon a cloud?

yes.... yes... thats what he does the he turns into a carrot:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You never seen MONKEY?

www.monkeyheaven.com...

China's reworking of the myths of Hanuman and friends.

Monkey can turn into a wasp and summon a cloud to ride around on.

[edit on 11-9-2006 by albie]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
hmmmm..... so anyone else know anything about this?

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I think i have heard of this before my friend used to tell me about her dad doing it or something and how he would let the god speak through him or something... it was a while ago in high school and i dont see her anymore

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.templeofastarte.com...

This group talks about this sort of thing in great depth. They ahve a forum for questions. Of course they'll push the book. TBOSM "The Book of Solomon;s Magick." Anyway, this should answer many of your questions about this type of practice. Though not chinese, it will shed light on it for you.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.templeofastarte.com...

This group talks about this sort of thing in great depth. They ahve a forum for questions. Of course they'll push the book. TBOSM "The Book of Solomon;s Magick." Anyway, this should answer many of your questions about this type of practice. Though not chinese, it will shed light on it for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I had a look a the site very interesting except for the commercialsm about the book but interestesting none the less

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
www.godchannel.com...

Supposedly a way to channel the source of all things through yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
hmmmm..... so anyone else know anything about this?

Hi.
I got an mp3 sample of Deepak Chppra and Wayne Dyer talking back in the 1990's.
At one point Deepak tells the audience about an Evocation his mother did.
Apparently there's a cave in India people go to meditate,(one of many I assume) - and once you get to a certain stage you Evoke the goddess Shiva (I think it was).
According to the tale, Shiva appears as a cobra, and after much meditating the cobra appeared to Deepaks mother.
It just looked at her then slithered away.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by j1mb0]

[edit on 9-6-2007 by j1mb0]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

........ chinese shrines or temples (the ones with the red lights behind them and a statue of a chinese woman... where you place three sticks of incense and pray to them) i think it is buddhism that practice this.

Most of Chinese shrines are called 3-teachings, it consists of Buddhism, Taoism and Confusism, and also mixture of local magics.

OK i found out that my uncle practices Sun-Da.. not sure of correct spelling... but basically that translates to God-Hit.

Sen = deity, god, goddess, spirits
Da = hit, fight, beat, kung-fu fighting

It is not really God Invoking, for we don't know what/who God is. Commonly Chinese calls deity and spirits as God.
Sen-Da is a kind of spirits, channeling, self-exocism, or shamanism. It is commonly practiced especially in the martial arts era. Kung-Fu masters performed Sen-Da to acquire new fighting style/fist from spirits.
For example, if you would like to know what Guan Yu (a warlord from Romance of 3 Kingdoms) kung-fu style looks like, you can try to invoke his spirits to enter your body, and then you will perform the fighting (Guan Yu's style) while your friend can do the recording.

The problem with spirits invoking is that you could never be sure the spirit that enter your body is the spirit you invited.
For example, you invited/invoked spirit of Donald Duck to enter your body, but it is Mickey Mouse spirit in disguise that actually enter your body.

Be careful on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join