It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invoking Gods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am half chinese and half english... On my dads side (chinese) my uncle and his master practice something quite strange. Now you may or may not be aware of chinese shrines or temples (the ones with the red lights behind them and a statue of a chinese woman... where you place three sticks of incense and pray to them) i think it is buddhism that practice this.
My father showed me a video of my uncle invoking the gods... there, as i understand, i many different gods... maybe gods is the wrong word for them... but i have seen him invoke different ones such as a monkey god. Then his master asks him questions about things such as about my father.. and speaking as the god he would answer the questions.
He then got me to try and invoke the god(with my uncle there)... i stood in front of the shrine in the correct stance and tried it... i felt a burning sensation through me and some other weird sensations but couldn't do it.
Has anyone ever heard of something like this before? I will ask my father when he gets home more about it such as the name of the technique etc.
It is really quite scary to watch... my mum could never watch it freaked her out.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Feel free to ask questions regarding this... Ill try and get a video of him doing it and post it somewhere. Any questions i can pass on to my father or my uncle.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. The Chinese have very interesting spiritualism.

Is there anything you notice physically about your uncle, i.e. if you were to video tape it, would there be anything showing that a god has been invoked? Or is it just a spiritual experience, i.e. only the "Invoker" will know when a god has been successfully invoked? Can only the "Invoker" ask questions, and are the questions limited to personal questions, i.e. could you ask questions like say for instance Where is Osama Bin Laden?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Sounds interesting IcedTeng,

Does your dad sing/chant/dance when he's infront of this shrine to invoke the gods?

Also do these "gods" take over the persons body? Or does the person just go into a trance and hear voices asking them the questions?

Thanks

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well what happens is he stands in front of the shrine holding 3 sticks of incense. He then closes his eyes and "prays?' to the shrine. When the god starts to invoke him he will start swaying uncontrollably all around the room. The best way i can explain this is.. Has anyone seen drunken boxing? The style of martial arts/the movie with jackie chan... when he gets drunk and fights he sways around the room. Anyway then depending on the type of "god" that goes inside of him he will act accordingly... for example once a monkey god came into him and he was jumping around onto tables and stuff like a monkey.
As for asking it questions... well the only questions that were asked were personal questions i don't know whether or not he could find out where osama bin laden is for example. When he is in this state... he is speaking chinese... my chinese is limited so i couldnt understand all of it. He was being asked about my dad and his business... and he said my dad would end up selling the business, which he did... i can't remember what other questions were asked ill have to ask my dad.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I also remember something else that happend. I can't remember exactly what happend i will have to double check with my dad however my uncle somehow met this guy... and he didn't know him before hand. This guy was a lawyer and had been very sick for years. No one knew what was wrong with him and he had his skin turning blackish on his face. So my uncle met him and then suddenly said to him... I've been told to help you or something like that.
Turned out he and his residence had been posessed by evil energy my uncle did something to get rid of it and withing weeks the guy was well again and the dis-colouring went. Now he is a good family friend who has helped us out a few times. I will get all the details of what happend... it is a really intriguing story and i will relay it.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So it's more of a channelling than actually invoking the God to show up in front of you.

You said that you tried invoking the God yourself, with your uncle's help. Can you share with us how you were instructed to go about doing this? (What was your stance, did you have to say anything or visualize anything in particular, and any other details you can share.)

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Evocation is the art of having a god or other being show up in front of you
Invocation is the art of allowing that god or being inside of you and act through you
Channeling is practically the same as invocation

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
You said that you tried invoking the God yourself, with your uncle's help. Can you share with us how you were instructed to go about doing this? (What was your stance, did you have to say anything or visualize anything in particular, and any other details you can share.)

Ok, well i stood about 2 feet from the shrine. I had my feet together then i lit 3 sticks of incense. Placed them in my hands palms together thumbs facing up fingers pointing forward... Now i can't remember what i concentrated on... i believe it was something like allowing the god to come into my body. I had my eyes clothes and did this for about half an hour. I felt a bit of burning passing through me and felt like something was trying to enter however i also had fear in me and i think apart of me didn't want it to happen. I tried one other time by myself with no one watching me... i began swaying and moving around but ended up stopping myself as i was afraid of what might happen... what if i couldnt get the god out...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
OK i found out that my uncle practices Sun-Da.. not sure of correct spelling... but basically that translates to God-Hit.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Do you think its gods or more like spirits?/ghosts
?

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
Evocation is the art of having a god or other being show up in front of you
Invocation is the art of allowing that god or being inside of you and act through you
Channeling is practically the same as invocation

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Enyalius]

Evocation sounds a bit more practical than invocation...
1...prove it is something else beside you
2...keep the thing from being in you

oh, where is the video?

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Where is Osama Bin Laden?

Syria.

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
Do you think its gods or more like spirits?/ghosts?

Take it from someone who has been a spiritual medium for many years and also for more than one lifetime.

There are no gods that have emerged in The Light yet, just collectives of common and basically spiritual discarnates - called Group Entities - who use their combined energies to project the illusion/deception of being a god-like figure through the manifestation of small-scale healing, telekinesis, etc.

I remember attending the Ecumenicon in Maryland in the late 1980s or early 1990s. In case you are not familiar, it is a large Pagan gathering. Pagans believe in many gods. In one of the seminars they did some invoking. They made it clear that they didn't "channel" as that was a New Age term. In my experience, channeling, mediumship, mysticism, invoking and evoking are all essentially one and the same thing. The difference comes in the wording, intention/focus, Radiance (if any), and ceremony behind it.

Invoking and evoking are synonymous with full-trance channeling and less invasive forms of mediumship respectively.

I took a good look at the "dieties" that were astrally manifested at the invoking seminar at the Ecumenicon. They were indicative of the energies of one or more Group Entities

If there were any real Ascended Masters or gods up there, he/she/they would be teleporting around all the time, performing healings and telekinetic miracles (beyond that of people like Sai Baba and the prophet Issa/Jus Asaf/Jesus), and proving their God Realization much more than any prophet has ever done in the past.

If you want to learn how to channel, read Opening To Channel.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is really interesting id like to learn more, hope you get some more information from your father and/or uncle. Im gunna look up Sund-da.
-vesu

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Paul, how did you arrive at those beliefs? They are pretty limiting, and I think, contradictory to the truth. Do you have much experience at all in spiritual matters? If so, perhaps your still somewhat closed off?

I'll write more later if you reply.

Steve

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Paul, how did you arrive at those beliefs? They are pretty limiting, and I think, contradictory to the truth. Do you have much experience at all in spiritual matters? If so, perhaps your still somewhat closed off?

I'll write more later if you reply.

Steve

Coming from a guy who starts a thread saying that the Zetan menace is over and then refuses to provide either Skadi or myself (who asked) for links to support that outrageous claim which smacks of DISINFORMATION, you are hardly in the position to debate me on spiritual matters.

I don't trust any "truth" you have to offer.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks. That ignorance and insecurity confirmed all I needed to know.

[edit on 17/6/06 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
TROLL ALERT...TROLL ALERT...TROLL ALERT...

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Troll Toll

Let's try to refrain from name-calling and commenting on one another -- unless one or more of us are gods.

This process seems like a form of "channeling" to me, which is another word for "temporary possession".

People are, of course, free to do what they want, but when it comes to inviting external entities into your mind, I recommend extreme caution.

As the saying goes: down that road lies madness.

Your Mileage May Vary.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
TROLL ALERT...TROLL ALERT...TROLL ALERT...

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

This is shaping up to be just the kind of thread I like. No trace of rationality to spoil it.

But seriously...

Shamanism (temporary, sought-for possession by a spirit or god) is a common phenomenon in many (if not all) cultures. We know about tribal medicine-men, Old Testament prophets, whirling dervishes and so on. All are shamans. iCEdTenG's Chinese uncle is heir to a grand and ancient psychic tradition.

Westerners often consider themselves too rational for this kind of thing, but in fact their culture is highly shamanic. Even the uptight Victorians had their spirit mediums and séances. In born-again churches across America, people fall on the floor, writhing and foaming at the mouth and 'testifying' or 'speaking in tongues' under the influence of their shaman or 'pastor'. Western culture is also responsible for the reinvention of the shaman as mass-mediated demagogue: think Lenin, Mussolini or Hitler. A more benign aspect of Western shamanism is rock music and its offshoots.

Shamanism is as well established in the Chinese tradition as in any other. People who consult the I Ching are performing a type of vaticination whose origins are shamanic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join