It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs and Humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
if god created humans and all animals, then what about dinosaurs???? I BELIEVE THAT GOD MIGHT HAVE WIPED OUT THESE CREATURES OR MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN EXPERIMENT OF GOD.....and if he did create them where or why doesn't it say in the BIBLE ABOUT THE DINOS???????????

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The bible was composed by people, not God. Its the word of God but he didn't pen it himself. For the most part the bible is a peoples acount of what was happening at the time and sence there were no dinosaurs roaming around the countrytside 2000 years ago, they were not included in the bible.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
From a biblical perspective, dinosaurs only served to be the organic componant of the fuel that would cause a future holy war called armageddon...
there weren't any humans around till millions more years later, so we wouldn't have mentioned them in "our" bible... they didn't exist to our knowledge at the time

all in gods plan...

Dinos
billions of years of evolution and decomposition...
fossils (great for spooking the middle age humans into fervent religious beleif)
missing links
neanderthals

all part of the plan, that we weren't ever supposed to understand fully -hence the missing links... but we get the gist anyway...

[edit on 24-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
GO TO WIKIPEDIA>ENGLISH>TYPE religious perspective on diosaurs>then..........
TELL ME THIS: DID THEY BECOME EXTINCT BY THEMSELVES OR DID GOD KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE SINFUL?OR BECAUSE THEY ARLEADY EXISTED AND NOT GOD'S CREATIONS??(in your opinion)

U2U sent regarding the use of ALL CAPS

[edit on 9-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A large asteroid is thought to have hit earth apx 65 million years ago.. this apparently triggered an ice age which killed off the dinos.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by riley]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Sinfull animals?????HUH....come on outta the sun buddy..

...Or because they already existed????? So your saying they were there before God, meaning something else "creates" too and then God came along after the fact and said "hey..I dont like these, they bite............Maybe Gods brother Henry made them.

AND THERE IS NO NEED TO USE SOOOOO MANY CAPITALS....Okay?

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadleaves
GO TO WIKIPEDIA>ENGLISH>TYPE religious perspective on diosaurs>then..........
TELL ME THIS: DID THEY BECOME EXTINCT BY THEMSELVES OR DID GOD KILL THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE SINFUL?OR BECAUSE THEY ARLEADY EXISTED AND NOT GOD'S CREATIONS??(in your opinion)

Please stop shouting. Use lower caps.
Two things. 1) How can a dinosaur be sinful? Not sure I understand what you're trying to get at.
2) You can't become extinct by ourself. It takes an outside agency (like a very large chunk of space debris) to cause an extiction level event.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I dont get your arguement either....
God created Dinos to live and thrive and then die off about the same time that mammals emerged...
they were meant to be gone before we arrived...
God was setting the stage for a great universe... and a planet with great supplies of oil.

what? you think this kind of thing just pops up within a few days...
You think god just waved his magic wand, and everything that is, came into being?
and has stayed that way?

enlarge your mind my friend... there is much more truthful knowledge out there, that just wont fit in that box...

The dinos were just meant to be our source of oil millions of years later
after they died off and decomposed, as well as add a realm of understanding to the vastness and age of "GOD"...

Pretty neat aren't they?... and there is still speculation that some smaller types have survived To this day... Crocodiles for one.

Remember, the Catholic Church (been around a while) has studied this, and states that it is in Christians best interests to accept evolution, because creationism denies too much of scientific truth, to be real...
and everyone knows- to beleive a lie such as that, is blasphemy to god...

its all part of the big plan... no worries... dont shout...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What if Both Dino's and Man, both lived on the planet at the same time? Theres too many cultures with Dragons in thier folklore for both them not to have been here together......afterall sharks,spiders,crocs etc have all evolved since the time of dinos so why didn't they perish in the asteroid hit??

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What if Creationists are right and the earth isn't millions of years old?
There's good evidence.
What if dinos were on the Ark of noah?
Could they still be alive in certain areas.

Check out:
www.creationgeneration.net
www.s8int.com

Paul D

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
When you talk about dinoasurs, you do realise that over the 100,000,000 years that they existed, hundreds of thousands of different species existed. And that many of the familar ones were exinct tens of millions of years before the main extinction event.

People often seem to think that there were only a few dozen different types of dinosaur and that they all lived at the same time
They also tend to forget all the many species that existed before the dinosaurs. And those that followed - only a tiny fraction of all the different species of mammal that have ever existed are still around today.

If we assume Noah's ark could accomodate every species alive today, then if were to add all the extinct species as well he'd need several thousand arks.....

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I realise how long they were around for....with loads of different spieces.

Funny how, we homospaiens haven't evolved that much since we became who we are.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
lolol
There is some funny stuff in this post. Thanks, as a good laugh is a positive thang.

The bible doesn't mention Dinos because the descendants of the little furry things hiding in the rocks when Dinos dominated earth didn't know about Dinos. They didn't even know about Texas which is why Texas is also not mentioned.

When folks make up stories for future people, who don't like to read or learn, to believe those folks can only use information available to them as they are making up the fiction.

Therefore, we cannot blame the various and sundry maker-uppers of the fictional book we call the bible for not knowing about things, events and people who arrived after the story was written.

What we can do, if motivated by fairness, is appreciate the relevant segments of the bible and benefit from the allegory albeit mostly borrowed from history non christian in nature. The re-do of the Code of Hammurabi plagiarized and altered for proprietary purposes as the Ten Commandments, is the only exposure most people will have to the original document and it's lessons. It is, however, a sort of an exposure to the thoughts of one Dictator of Babylon who was benevolent, in nature.
Whether that of a benovolent and enlightened dictator is maybe the best form of government is a topic for another discussion.

Does the fact that Mesopotamians had no idea that real science would eventually emerge beginning with the Greeks detract in any way that from the fact that the Greeks invented mathematics? No
Yes, I know that the definitive, original book on Algebra was written by an Arab but Arabs did not invent Algebra, it was used by the Greeks to explain Geometry and given to the Arabs as a gift of knowledge.

The bible can be useful is several areas of learning. It is a study in Human Dynamics and contains usefull examples of the foibles of mankind.

The bible is of no iuse as a book of facts but things occurred when the various books were constructed and therefore such writings can be associated with historical events.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maybe the Bible doesn't mention Dino's, but what about all the Dragons in European folklore?

The English Patron Saint, George, was suppossed to have slain a fire breathing lizard, that flew, thus saving his kingdom and becoming a legend...

Then moving across to China, they too have had Dragons in thier folklore for hundreds of years....

In the good old days, if they saw a huge lizard, they'd think it was the work of a devil and try to hunt it down and kill it. and as for not being in the bible, the only reason dinos ain't there, is no-one dared go up to a dino and ask it's view on God....if they did, they'd soon know about it.................

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Unfortunatley, the fossils of dinosaurs also would explain totally the presence of "dragons" in myths and legends..

We dont need a live dino, to construct fear and legends about what they would have been like with skin and flesh on the bones...

And St george could well have fought a large snake... they didn't differentiate in those days... and they tended to brag and showboat some...
it was the squires mostly... they wanted to gain acclaim for themselves by bragging about their masters conquests... got them a lot of free drinks at the bar

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation
Maybe the Bible doesn't mention Dino's, but what about all the Dragons in European folklore?

What about them? Ever heard of komono dragons, crocodiles, pythons? Fables do not qualify as evidence of anything.. if they did we should be able to conclude that unicorns, lepricauns, fairies, goblins and vampires existed. The only thing these things prove is that humans have always had good imaginations.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pdaviesoz
What if Creationists are right and the earth isn't millions of years old?
There's good evidence.

Which evidence is that? Some links would be great.

Originally posted by pdaviesoz
Check out:
www.creationgeneration.net
www.s8int.com

Paul D

That first site is just some more "zomg, science wants to destroy teh bible!!" garbage, and the second is just a laugh. And I quote:

Are you aware that "ALL CULTURES BEGAN SUDDENLY" and were fully developed? A long preliminary period is not supported by archaeology. Before cities on earth, there was nothing. There was no transition whatsoever between the ancient civilizations and any primitive forebearers. They were at their peak from the beginning.

This little gem is priceless.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
my opinion, which is supported by empirical scientific evidence, is that dinos were finally put down by a massive cataclism (most likely an impact from a large celestial body) about 65 million years ago

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I believe in God, and I don't think that the idea of Evolution should threaten the idea of the belief in God. If God created all of the natural laws, why couldn't he have created evolution.

That being said, there are a few confusing elements to the side of evolution.

#1 - The whole Archaeoraptor Hoax really takes the wind out of the sails of a lot of evolutionary arguements. To this day, people still point to this as scientific evidence of Macro-Evolution (in fact, this morning on NPR they had a paleontologist use this as evidence of Evolution as scientific fact). To me it shows a group of people willing to believe anything to prove their point.

#2 - The fossilized human tracks which overlap with dinosaur tracks. Anyone on the evolution side care to explain? These have been analyzed by many, many scientists, and have yet to be shown as a hoax (and I doubt they will), so I'd like to hear the evolutionary explanation for this weird phenomina.

#3 - I have frequently heard the reason why we don't find dinosaur bones here in Minnesota, is because of the glaciers scraping away and destroying all of the fossils. So could someone please explain why we've found dinosaur fossils in Antarctica?

#4 - Problems with carbon dating. Despite the assumption that carbon-14 dating is based on (That Carbon levels in the atmosphere have never changed, which in my opinion is a pretty big leap of faith to believe) how does the scientific community explain all of the incorrect datings that have occured (for example, a seal that had been dead for 2 days was dated as 14,000 years old, or that the shells of living mollusks showed the shell cells had died 2,000 years ago etc.)?

As I said, I'm kind of on the fence, but I'd like to hear more from both sides of the debate.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I can tackle a few of those

The whole Archaeoraptor Hoax: are you meaning the archeopterix?

#2 - The fossilized human tracks which overlap with dinosaur tracks
I have seen some of those... not as convincing in real life... looked kinda ambigious to me, also, the foot prints i saw, were sandaled... which meant, they were flat indentions that were shapped like a rough shoe... so are many natural items, including animals...

#3 #3 - I have frequently heard the reason why we don't find dinosaur bones here in Minnesota

Antartica and minnisota are very far away from each other, and fossil formation requires pretty specific requirements...
one had em, and the other didn't... probably related to geographic layer of fossils
Byrd could answer that one with his eyes closed...

#4 carbon dating...
I am intrigued... can you point me in a direction or link for those results?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join