It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please No more predictions !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Please do not post predictions anymore !!

Not one EVER has come true.

Quit wasting our time with fear-mongering.

Not even ONE of you supposed psychics have EVER made one prediction that was true...not even one !!

there was no comet impact coming today.....no tsunami......no ET contact......no armageddon.....no mega-earthquake......no pole shift......no super-virus wiping out humanity.......no nuclear war.......no disclosure........no Atlantis rising.......no Anunnaki returning to Earth........no Nazis in Antartica........no alien invasion.......no New World Order........no Martial Law.........no NOTHING !!!

get a grip !!! stop believing that your DREAMS or DELUSIONS are actually predictions for the future !!

psychics just make me sick !!!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with predictions as long as you do not live by them.

Often, predictions are false, yes. Sometimes they are right and the timeline changes, yes.

A flood of false predictions makes the few legit ones ignored.

I read predictions for one purpose - to know what to recognise if one does come true.

If you read a prediction that yellowstone national park erupted and then was followed by an earthquake in NY city, then you'd know not to hang around NY if yellowstone spewed.

Not to mention, they are more interesting than "Day of our lives".

Just don't live by them. Only recognise them if they happen. No harm done.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
We're not out of the woods yet with the comet. I do agree, i get depressed reading all the doomsday scenarios.

Its enough depression out there without the daily updates.

On the other hand, if something is coming, i want to get right with God.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Why censor the predictions?

If you don't like them, then don't read them. Isn't that simple?

There are a great deal of posts here that I find annoying, but there's no need for venom over it. For every one that annoys me, I find one that is great.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think it is rather fun to read what some whacko believes is the end of the world. We created our own time measurement, so how can they base their predictions on a time measurement system that was invented, not discovered?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I predict that a prediction might come true sometime in the future. NOT!!

There has not been one prediciton ever come to pass. From Nostradamus to now.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
There have been many predictions that have come true. For example, I predict that the sun will come up tomorrow. That is, there will be another day. I say this to point out that some predictions are based upon information. I have a rudimentary understanding of astronomy and I know that the earth rotates while in orbit around the sun and that will provide us with another sunny day tomorrow (unless it's overcast).

Most predictions that people make are based upon information. The less substantiated information one has, however, the less likelihood that a prediction will come true. But sometimes predictions DO come true even though we might have very little or no information about the pertinent subject. When those predictions come true we often call them intuition, synchronicity or plain lucky.

Some people are "lucky" a lot. Some people seem to have some sort of extrasensory abilities to make predictions that, well, come true. Please note that I said "seem" to have some sort of ESP ability. There might be an explanation as to why some people are more "lucky" than others in their predictions. Perhaps it is a form of hyper-vigilance, that is, their senses are attenuated to notice subconscious or even unrelated cues that are processed, mentally, in ways that are simply different than the way other people process information.

Please note that FBI profilers, while identifying suspects, often make incredibly accurate "predictions" in regards to a suspects description, psychological make-up, occupation, early childhood development, etc. To some people, their "predictions" might suggest extrasensory abilities whereas, in reality, it is the development of bits of information (often seemingly unrelated) to develop a larger understanding of the suspect.

Of course, in this thread, I would imagine that you are referring to "predictions" in the greater sense; "the world is going to be hit by a comet tomorrow", "all the fish in Lake Michigan, will explode", etc. Except for making great headlines for supermarket tabloids, these are usually unrealized -- except in the most general ways. One fish might explode and the prophecy will be fulfilled. Another aspect is that if you make enough predictions, one or even some are bound to come true (given time and some basis in reality of the predictions).

Nevertheless, some people DO seem to be able to make predictions that "come true" on a higher than average or chance level. Some are famous people, some might not be so famous but, nevertheless there are people who do consistently make predictions that do come true. There are many such people -- call them psychics if you want -- who have worked for police departments and government agencies with many reported successes.

While I do understand your skepticism -- a quality that I share -- I am often confronted, through my reading and research, with instances where people make predictions that come true even though it would appear to be impossible to know such information beforehand.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If you don't like predictions don't read them. Besides most of us are just making a guess so it's not like we take it seriously. But I sure hope one of those doomsday predictions comes true, preferably the ones with natural disasters. I'm not really into the nuclear war thing

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would worry more about the predictions of natural disasters, then I would about Nuclear War. Nuclear War can be prevented. Natural disasters are a whole 'nother thing, and tend to be more devestating than any nuclear strike.

Predictions, especially of the prophetic variety, are natoriously vague. That's why there is so much speculation as to what they mean, and as to whether or not they've even occured.

top topics

join