It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Natives are Growing Restless ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
At the chance of sounding racist (not intended) there appears to be growing major unrest in the native populations of East Timor, Fiji and now Northern Australia, Wadeye. news.com.au. The media has gone at great lengths to hide the reasons behind the aggressions and this worries me some. I would suggest that something is about to happen on the climactic-weather front as these peoples are closely aligned with nature and maybe that this is a precursor to something catastrophic about to happen.
After reading and listening to esteemed showmen like Alex Jones, Steve Quayle, Webster Tarpley, Greg Szymanski, Stan Deyo, Rick Wiles and George Noory just to name a few we are entering an unprecedented era in human kinds existance. I would suggest that perhaps Western Civilization is about to endure its greatest test and that Vulcanic, Siezmic, Tidal, Weather, Political and asterological extremes are about to be pressed to the limit.
Not trying to sound alarmist as many of those individuals I just quoted are, I would like to hear from people around the world experiencing racial violence from peaceful native populations amongst themselves that have never before surfaced ?.

mod edit: fixed link

[edit on 23-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Can you re-post the link?

If they are acting up they probably feel something is about to get them. This would apply to the comet/asteroid expected by many!!!!!

Those people feel such things in their bones. :shk:

Please try to post the link. Thanks!!!!!

ps. There is nothing racist here and dont even plant that seed.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
oh the sentiment has always been there.
it's just now bubbling over.
don't ever for a second think that just because it's never been visible to your eyes that it never existed in the first place.
"conquored" people always hold hold grudges for a long time.
especially when they are still being wronged.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
If they are acting up they probably feel something is about to get them.
This would apply to the comet/asteroid expected by many!!!!!

Animals know instinctively when an earthquake or other disaster like a
hurricane is coming their way. They get very restless and full of nervous
energy. Gotta' wonder ... are humans the same? We should be. We
are distracted by the things in this world but people who live closer to
nature ... they are probably more in touch with their inner emergency
antennas ...

ps. There is nothing racist here and dont even plant that seed.

You are definately NOT a racist!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Very interesting, let's see it's Aboriginal People's Solidarity Day in North America June 21st. Hmmm. Nah, couldn't be? I find it interesting how unconnected stuff seems to "happen" that parallels other stuff and focuses or diverts attention.

A whole bunch of folks all over the planet "feel something is about to get them." Churchill once spoke something to the effect "all of us are being drawn to something unwillingly", an unknown force or thing - and not good. Hmmm. Speaks volumes about the connectedness we all share to some degree and the the whole system (Gaia, or your theory here) is maxxed out - across the planet. Throttle hung wide-open and the mixture is goin' lean... gonna put a hole in something.

I used to look at events more in isolation but I guess since the advent of the Net one has more dots to connect, making it at least seem easier to conceptualize many of these "unrelated" events. Never noticed at all till I read this excellent thread.

Ever notice how big changes happen in clusters crammed-in with a bunch of other junk in a short time frame to the point where one can't devote the attention required to assimilate it? Perhaps McLuhan was right, Toffler too - the medium is the message and our future shock is shock'n awesome. I kind of like having a surplus of data tho'... digital greed? Hmmm or situational awareness, both?

I never used to feel that being able to get out of my city on 10 minutes notice was important either. Times change and evolve. Maybe, the race to be informed is a "race" with Darwinian implications. An element in a larger system fighting to redefine itself. Smells like war, sounds like Babylon.

Thanx,

Victor K.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The unrest I have been witnessing has been mostly western pacific rim countries due to my location in Australia our media more often broadcast's stories from our region. The fact the oceanographic temperature charts have been showing rising sea temperatures would indicate perhaps a major earthquake is brewing ?. Maybe nothing in it but I thought I would see if anyone else can see any other links.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by mazzroth]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't think that these events are a precursor to any kind of danger or environmental upheavel. Each of these incidents has its origin in very human, very mundane explanations and are seemingly not linked with apprehensions of a coming cataclysm.

Fiji, for example, has a history of political conflict and attempted coups. Unease there likely derives from political instability and a growing sense of dissatisfaction with both the current leadership and the continued interference of the Fijian military in the political arena, as seen in the following article:

Military Out of Politics: Fiji PM

East Timor is a small, emerging democracy which is struggling to form its own identity in the wake of 20 years of Indonesian occupation and oppression. The recent riots there came about when a number of soldiers were dismissed from their positions. Dissatisfied, these ex-soldiers took to the streets and, naturally enough, violence ensued. From what I can tell, the media made no attempts to go to "great lengths to hide the reasons behind the aggressions". Indeed, a cursory search of Google News reveals dozens of articles from the world's media which explain the mundane political origins of the violence and unrest:

Two Injured in East Timor Unrest - BBC News

Fighting Shakes East Timor Again - The Seattle Post Intelligencer

Soldier Killed in Timor Gun Battle - ABC News

As for Wadeye, the unrest there stems largely from a conflict between 2 rival gangs (Reference - The World Today) which has subsequently been compounded by external factors. These factors include the fact that Wadeye, with a population of 2500 people, has only 5 police officers, a disproportionately small number. The fact that poor road infrastructure means that the town is often cut off from wider community or police assistance for 6 months of the year due to flooding (Reference - ABC Rural) probably doesn't help. The ready availability of news reports outlining these causes also suggests that there is no insidious coverup taking place.

Each of these events has its roots in very human, very mundane causes. They are not indicative of a larger sense of apprehension and certainly do not seem to hint at some kind of coming disaster, natural or otherwise.

There is a great temptation to imbue indigenous peoples with an almost supernatural ability to predict weather or Earth changes. However, such assumptions are a remnant of the concept of the "noble savage" in touch with their environment. Whilst many indigenous peoples share an intimate bond with the land, the "natives" of Fiji, Timor and Wadeye typically don't pursue traditonal indigenous ways of life. Therefore, the assumptions we have of the proud, spiritual native sharing an intimate and prophetic link with nature are very often erroneous, based as they are on an idealistic, rather than a realistic, notion of what indigenous peoples are like in the 21st century.

I don't mind a good conspiracy, but to be perfectly honest these incidents seem to be based more on local social and political issues than on a growing sense of danger to Western civilisation. The fact that they have been widely reported, with the media frequently citing the causes for the unrest, also seems to defeat your fear that they are being covered up somehow.

In an associated update, Australia is now preparing to send our troops into East Timor to restore order following escalating violence. Foreign Minister Alexander Downer has said that assets including planes, naval ships and troops are on standby awaiting an official request from the Government of East Timor (Reference - The Age).

[edit on 23/5/06 by Jeremiah25]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
To be fair, the Australian government hasn't exactly treated the indigenous population with the greatest amount of respect over the years -

Wikipedia

Stolen Generation is the term commonly used to mean the Australian Aboriginal children who were removed from their families by Australian government agencies and church missions between approximately 1900 and 1972. Originally considered child welfare, the practice is today perceived by many as a gross human rights violation, having wrought extensive family and cultural damage.

ABC

LINDY KERIN: Town camps were set up in the late 1960s, early 70s on the fringes of Alice Springs. They were shantytowns with humpies and minimal infrastructure, developed as a result of past laws banning Indigenous people from coming into town after dark.

From what I have read of the living conditions for 'natives' in Australia, I am not suprised that violent incidents sometimes erupt. I have read a few reports suggesting that the act of 'petrol snifing', as mentioned below, is a particular problem.

BBC report form 16/05/2006.

A leaked report in Australia has detailed horrific levels of sexual abuse in remote Aboriginal communities, including the rape of a baby.

At an Aboriginal camp in central Australia, a four-year-old girl drowned while being raped by a teenager who had been sniffing petrol.

As I say, conditions in these Australian communities do appear to be rather oppressive and as a result, people will inevitably be driven to extremes if the situation is left to fester for long enough, and I am sure that such situations do indeed exist at numerous locations across the globe.

As a side note, I always find it interesting that the actions taken against the native population within Australia seem to be swept under that carpet somewhat as opposed to the 'atrocities' enacted upon the Native American indians.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
You have to be kidding mate, so under your logic if you were oppressed you would rape 4 year old babies attack people with spears (your own race mind you) sniff petrol and abuse yourself ?. Wake up for goodness sake these people are nothing more than criminals and should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
As to the history of these people, i have done my share of studying their lifestyle, how they live, etc.

This is not what this is about. We are talking here about unusual behavior without any provocation. Its not a case of trying to civilize them.

Note: I see you fixed the link- i was able to read the story now and it appears this has nothing to do with vibes, more to do with their living conditions. I dont know if this particular tribe has had much contact with the civilized world or not. They may not want the contact, but there are ways to intervene- It all depends how they go about it. They have to go at it carefully and little by little. This is how the tribes in Equador became civilized. Of course, many lives were lost at first.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
You have to be kidding mate, so under your logic if you were oppressed you would rape 4 year old babies attack people with spears (your own race mind you) sniff petrol and abuse yourself ?. Wake up for goodness sake these people are nothing more than criminals and should be dealt with accordingly.

I don't know 'mate', I don't live under the sorts of conditions these people are subjected to, and have been subjected to for a long time. I suppose that was my point, though you obviously missed it.

I suspect you yourself have not experienced such extreme conditions either, so, unless you are indeed blessed with a level of wisdom not granted to the vast majority of us, it would seem rather premature of you to apply labels such as you have. Do you get me?

[edit on 24-5-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Note: I see you fixed the link- i was able to read the story now and it appears this has nothing to do with vibes, more to do with their living conditions. I dont know if this particular tribe has had much contact with the civilized world or not.

Taken from the original article linked by OP :

The local Centrelink office had only been open for a day-and-a-half in the past two weeks and about 400 people did not have access to their benefits, Mr Seaniger said.

Wikipedia

Centrelink (formerly the Department of Social Security (DSS), Commonwealth Employment Service (CES) and Austudy) is the Australian Commonwealth government's welfare agency. It is the central body responsible for the dispensation of all Commonwealth welfare payments including pensions, student allowances, and unemployment benefits. Additionally, Centrelink supplies numerous Commonwealth services to the Australian Community, such as assistance and education for people receiving welfare payments.

Centrelink

Centrelink is in the top one hundred of Australian companies in terms of size and turnover. Its recurrent budget is $2.3 billion and it distributes approximately $63 billion in social security payments on behalf of policy departments.

I would guess, DG, that the presence of an office of a Governmental agency in the area, particularly one which deals primarily with 'benefits', suggests that a fair amount of contact has been established with this 'tribe'.

new topics

top topics

join