It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MULDERISM: The New Age Top Secret Community

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
MULDERISM: The New Age Top Secret Community.

There are communities out there that believe in UFOs and Paranormal experiences. But what if you came across a clan of people that followed and turned a fictional television show into a reality based new Karma? I checked out the website on the Google network. I came into a website and group of people that called themselves "The Gates Of Fox Mulder". I read the site with these strange pictures in their gallery. It seems to have good intentions and seems to be a composite of Pagan and Biblical religions. The fact remaining is this. Fox Mulder is NOT a FACT. It is impossible to turn a fictional character that was created for the sake of entertainment and make him a REAL MESSIAH. "Mulderism" supports "Heaven's Gate". Heaven's Gate was a UFO cult that was led by Marshal Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles. There were 39 members of the cult that committed suicide in thier mansion in Rancho, Santa Fe in March of 1997. If they support the Heaven's Gate Cult, what, then, are the doctrines they favor and not favor from the group? The Mulderites specify that they are against suicide. But then again, Heaven's Gate was against suicide too- unless it was done by their own members.

Here is an e-mail I had recieved from a cousin of mine. Here is his story word for word I printed with his permission.:

"Sooner or later, it had to happen. My sister in law was in this group called "Mulderism" for six months. She just came from it. She left the group after she had learned that her friend got excommunicated from the same people. For a long time my wife told me that her sister had belonged to a UFO religious cult. Recently I checked on google search engine under the name of Mulderites. I had to see it to believe it.

This is a ufo cult that follows a tv show as the Holy way and a the show's lead character as an icon. Scary stuff. There is an article on them in the Wikipedia website and an official website of the religious cult. And get this. They back the Heaven's Gate Cult. My sister in law said that that's not the reason why she left the group. Huh??? She left the group because her friend Chantelle got kicked out for being too mean or something like that."

Mulderites don't like negative people in the sense that they don't stay active. It's okay to be negative about the doomed future but not in your day to day lifestyle and actions towards other people. To do so can cost you your token on the Mulder train to Mulder Nirvanna. The show's creator, Chris Carter, never intended for his show to turn into a literal set of beliefs. To be a Mulderite (fan of the series) is one thing. But, to be a (fan-atic of the series) is another. It would seem that such a belief structure as to literally believing a television show as FACT and a character Protagonist as GOD is dangerous. To move in moderation is best. Some groups of people have too much time to spare.

Wisconsin

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It sounds more like a fan club for Fox Mulder than a "secret society"

Do you have any links at all to any sites?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I found the website on Yahoo. It's webspawner.com...
There's an article from one of their members or exmembers on Wikipedia. Its called USER:MULDERISM and a very detailed analisiss of these MULDERITES is covered. These people are more than fans. These people add ideologies to the series and characters that were never written by the show's creator. I don't think Chris Carter ever intended for his show to turn into a covenant of beliefs that dictate how we should live in order to enter heaven. I mean, my cousin told me that she and other members would search the episodes for guidance in their day to day to lives. Here's a quote of hers about The Mulderites:

"When we didn't get any immediate answers from the creator God in the Heavens, we would search the episodes with our problems to see what Fox Mulder would say."

That type of logic is insane.
Xfiles was just a show meant to entertain and that's it.
MULDERITES/ MULDERISM need to pray for real guidance.

Sincerely,

Wisconsin

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This wouldnt be the first time a religion was founded on the basis of a fictional character (see Christianity)

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Between Mulderism and Christianity, if you had only one choice between the two and one choice only, which would you choose? My cousin said she would choose Mulderism, hands down, because
Christianity, she says, is too bigotted and judgemental towards other faith groups. I would choose Christianity because the Bible is prophetic and Christ was real. Mulderite Sectarians believe that Mulderism is the truth and nothing but the truth. Did you see their website??? Their beliefs are nothing but garbage. Christianity must be judgemental in order to survive. I don't agree with that policy but its there.

Sincerely,

Wisconsin

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There is only one true Messiah and his name is Bob Dobbs. Not Lou, Bob.

Praise Bob!

The Mulderites must be driven to the gates of hell, expunged from the earth. I call a jihad upon them. Kill them all.

All seriousness aside, these are just sad people. At least the Subgenii have a sense of humour, warped and twisted though it be. Personally, that's how I like my sense of humour.

It's hard to believe that people with enough sense to write and put up a website could be so dumb. I didn't read the site that carefully but I don't think they were joking. I think they were trying to make a serious point.

Subgenii do both at the same time.

All praise Bob! (And I think it's about time for another "aliens are going to take the faithful away while the rest of humanity gets it in the neck" scam from them. It's been too long, they're resting on their laurels.)

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

It's hard to believe that people with enough sense to write and put up a website could be so dumb. I didn't read the site that carefully but I don't think they were joking. I think they were trying to make a serious point.

Sad but true. I hope they pull themselves out of it before any Phenobarbitol and applesauce get passed around and we have another mass suicide on our hands. 39 people/members of Heavens Gate committed suicide in 1997 followed by 2 more people at a later time.

Sincerely,

Wisconsin

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If I had to choose between Mulderism and Christianity I'd blow my brains out (through my nose).

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This sounds rather fascinating. A little like the episode of Family Guy where Peter makes the church of Fonz.
I'm kinda jealous. I had an idea to create a "secret society", if you will, of all the shows and movies i like and to have it among friends where we remember lessons taught and stuff like "The Truth Is Out There." and lessons Cousin Walter teach us in Kevin Smith movies. We could all wear funny little hats and media related clothes (mainly to satire the freemasons of my family.)

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
We have to keep in mind that these people (a number of them) don't judge, but rather, side with Heaven's gate. Why? In what doctrines of the Heaven's Gate do they side with.?

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, here we have it. My cousin e-mailed me recently and told me that there, apparently, is a huge split in the Mulderite religion. A huge section of them are splitting from the Gates Of Mulder cult to make their own movement. They still believe that Mulder is a Prophet. The difference is that they accept that the character is fiction and the show was used as a beacon of light from aliens of a another realm. They do not, in any way, believe that Mulder is somesort of Messiah that will materialize from fiction to reality. They believe that the shows (X- Files) have merit to take into consideration by moderation. Well, at least they saw the light- somewhat. My cousin told me that his sister in law went back to the Mulderism offchute cult that call themselves The Spectrum Twilight. Here's the alarming part. The group doesn't judge anybody in their movement that commits suicide, providing they are living a sound lifestyle. They just brush it off and say that- "OH! THE CREATOR WILL JUDGE!". At this "Spectrum Twilight" cult, the members use a passage from the Bible that uses Sampson as an example. When Sampson committed suicide, he went up to be with God. Even Jack Van Impe agrees with that scriptural basis.

I'm Catholic and the Catholic church condemns such an action. Many other religions agree that suicide is wrong. But this Spectrum Twilight doesn't??? Give me a break! So, she went back to Mulderism- or an offchute of the cult. Makes me wonder if she would have been better off in that looney "Gates Of Mulder" cult in the first place. I think that suicide is an ultimate form of sellfishness, if you ask me.

Wisconsin.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It is weird how some people go to the strangest movements or cults that are out there. I think that Anti Cult websites should include Mulderism in their ufo cult section. Wouldn't you? I mean, they side with Heaven's Gate and have a really odd belief structure that is mentioned in Wikipedia.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
This wouldnt be the first time a religion was founded on the basis of a fictional character (see Christianity)

And Scientology...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by freakyty

And Scientology...

Aaahhh.... Yes... Let us not forget Scientology or Hubbardism- the Cadillac of weirdness.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ahahha

Are you sure it's not a joke? Looking for Fox to answer lifes answers ey? lol

Luxifero

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
ahahha

Are you sure it's not a joke? Looking for Fox to answer lifes answers ey? lol

Luxifero

It's a joke to us because we have a grip on reality. The Mulderism religion, however, believe X- Files to be true and to them is no joke. That's the sad part.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Satire at its finest. The humor is subtle and the sarcasm is gentle. Written in a style to disturb "true believers" and get a rise out of dogmatic thinkers without being meanspirited.

Praise Bob, cutem a little slack.

The reason for it not being a cult is that they didn't ask for a "faith offering" "tithe"
or try and sell you little pamphlets offering salvation.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I thought I have read my share of weirdness on this site. *that's what attracted me here*

But this has got to take the cake.

Fox Mulder is a cool dude. But not That cool.

I'd go with CSM.

And I'll smoke to that. A Morley, of course!

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Satire at its finest. The humor is subtle and the sarcasm is gentle. Written in a style to disturb "true believers" and get a rise out of dogmatic thinkers without being meanspirited.

Praise Bob, cutem a little slack.

The reason for it not being a cult is that they didn't ask for a "faith offering" "tithe"
or try and sell you little pamphlets offering salvation.

[edit on 18-6-2006 by whaaa]

Good point. But.... what about their belief that Mulder will tranform from fiction to reality when the Apocalypse happens and sit on the right hand of God? Those type of beliefs were what the Mulderites explained on Wikipedia under User: Mulderism. My cousin's sister in law explained beliefs that were warped. I mean, believing that the X- files is all true and Mulder is worth getting "stoned" over in hopes of getting a revelation or out of body experience??? Sounds like a cult to me if it goes far from the reaches of mainstream society. They don't give out literature because the X- Files DVDs and television re-runs as well as UFO conspiracy sites are their literature. They also side with Heaven's Gate and boast of running across them in the past.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
I thought I have read my share of weirdness on this site. *that's what attracted me here*

But this has got to take the cake.

Fox Mulder is a cool dude. But not That cool.

I'd go with CSM.

And I'll smoke to that. A Morley, of course!

Indeed it does take the cake- about five inches of icing on that piece of cake. Why don't they just go to a normal religion like Catholicism or something like that?

Wisconsin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join