It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wierd sound in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It was only about a year ago or so I was in the port-a-john by a building in the Everglades or whatever its called when I heard a very loud screamish Ourahr kinda monkey/bird sound.. Now being in a small plastic bathroom with small vents sounds get a little distorted so I cant say for sure what it was

My first reaction since I myself live in Ohio and not Florida was to ask the lady in the building about it and her response was, "I dont know what it is but im new to this place as well.. im just here for an easy job."
Sucked for me since there wasnt a real local person to tell me anything

So.. anyone down in that area (been there) have anything you could explain to me about? Maybe a type of animal or something more?

If you want more detail just ask cause.. im lazy and dont feel like writing the specifics of everything at this moment

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You heard an animal sound ? Whats so extraordinary about it ? Dont want to look blunt, but it seems to be a natural thing to happen; animals exist and make noise. Perhaps a more detailed explanation would help.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Coulda been a big cat. Cougar screams are legendary for their otherworldy, even demonic qualities. They sound downright Hellish. I don't know if you've heard a cougar scream, but there are plenty online to listen to - that would be my first suggestion. Listen to a few cougar screams and compare them to what you heard.

It could have been an actual monkey or an exotic bird, that area of the country is grand central for smuggled animals of every description. Lots of times they get loose off the cargo planes, or they get let out accidentally by customs/F&W or they get dumped by nervous smugglers.

You can find all kinds of strange, non-native animals in the everglades and surrounding areas.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
An animal noise
.... What next the wheel ?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man
I heard a very loud screamish Ourahr kinda monkey/bird sound.. Now being in a small plastic bathroom with small vents sounds get a little distorted so I cant say for sure what it was

you sure the sound wasn't comming from the bathroom you were in ? Or maybe it was just a busy neighboor, was it public bathrooms?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok outta the lazy train.. No I didnt mean it sounded like a normal animal by what I meant.. I know the sounds of the animals (common) in the area and it sounded like a very mad ape.. now as for the neighbor havin a hard time I admit that would be what im thinkin if I wasnt in the only porty out there

I guess it coulda been a big cat.. but it wasnt the usual WROEW (pardon my way of phrasing sounds) but it was like a very demonic monkey and im not meaning a normal monkey

I remember it was a tad loud so it distorted a little in the plastic

I know where people would get off sayin, "ooh animal sounds big whoop" though it wasnt a normal to me sound which is why I was asking.. What is it and is it normal

Specifics--
The sound did have a monkeyish sound to it but it was deeper and raspy and had a kind of a growl into it like a dog but more wolfish.. its hard to explain cause its not fresh and my memory isnt that great to sounds but I had a feeling it wasnt natural so I thought I'd ask you guys
The lady who was there for maybe a year (non local..) hadnt heard it for the short time she was there till that day

I dont mean to sound dumb or anything I wouldnt say ignorant since I spend some time listening to animal sounds and based on what I have known this was something off the ordinary

But like I said.. I dont live down there so some of the sounds are off Wyrde could be right but I dont know of anything that sounds like that..

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ever heard of the myakka(skunk ape)?www.lorencoleman.com...
Which many believe is a run away orangutan.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Anti Chris
Ever heard of the myakka(skunk ape)?www.lorencoleman.com...
Which many believe is a run away orangutan.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but, has anyone actually seen the Skunk Ape? I mean, I live in Florida, and I've only heard of about 3 witness accounts.

top topics

join