It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

should'nt ATS have an addiction warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
yea an addiction warning... you know theres so much stuff to read and reply too one person could spend a good half day going through all the information.

i think there should be a addiction warning because once more people start to join a site like this... much less people will be going out side and playing in the sun. one time i spent a good 5 hours reading and posting and replying on this site.

ats is like a drug if you go here every day because once you read one thread you have to read another and once you post you cant just leave you have to wait and check to see who replied. its really really addictive i think and should have somekind of warning like... JOIN AT OWN RISK or BEWARE THE FORCE OF ATS. (in relation to the addictiveness) or something similar.

what do ya all think?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Been here since 3pm today.. its 7.48pm now
Does that awnser your concerns ?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
one time i spent a good 5 hours reading and posting and replying on this site.

Pffft! ...lightweight.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm proud to announce that there is a rehab program for those addicted to this site.
It is not cheap and it requires some travel, but it works like a dream.
To my knowledge it is not sanctioned or approved by any respectable or responsible entity other than myself and I am proudly neither respectable or responsible. Sorry, the RED FLAG Gods forbid me from even hinting at my discovery.

Here's a hint: It rhymes with Mexico.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just stick around awhile--the nut cases will ruin the buzz and then you'll come to terms with your real miserable life.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hope you are kidding, although I can't really tell whether you are or not since you are posting on ATS and BTS.

I can say this though, the day I expect ATS to post an "addiction warning" will be the day I expect to find a warning on cars telling me not to drive underwater.

Hey this gives me an idea! I am going to print out some stupid stickers for use at the office. I'll make a warning sticker that says, "Warning: Do not use on tongue." Then I'll go around sticking them on people's staplers. I can't wait to see their faces. How about "Nonsterile - Not for surgical use" - I'll put those on the hole punchers.

I think that sooner or later people just have to wise up and use some common sense. If more people took responsibility for their own actions the whole world might be a better place. If we use things for the purpose for which they are intended, most things are not dangerous.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you think you are addicted to ATS, you should probably take the test and find out for sure. Only with proper diagnosis can debilitating conditions such as these be treated.

Are you an ATS addict? Take the test.

A few of the questions won't make sense any more, but still good as a general guide.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh my goodness! I take it all back!

After taking the ATS test linked by wecomeinpeace, I find out that I am addicted!!!

Oh why didn't someone warn me before this happened?!?!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Shouldn't people take responsibility for themselves?

just a little thought I HAD

/sues an online gaming company cause he stayed up for 36 hours straight then died.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ATS is habit forming. Forming good habits... like critical thinking skills, learning and teaching, respect for others... I could go on. Suffice it to say if you feel your spending too much of yourself on ATS then you may be correct, and may wish to alter your lifestyle to something more comfortable in response.

Enjoy what you can,

Victor K.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You are your own internet control board.

It is true, though, that many unsuspecting people have been badly hurt by internet addiction. They've even started treatment programs in China.

I guess they'll be throwing them in jail here, if they get sick.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I agree. I started poking around here after somehow getting linked here while reading about the 911 Pentagon footage.

This really is a very interesting place. You don't have to agree with everything...or anything, to get something out of the experience.

Well, I officially joined today, so I guess now I'm a card carrying ATS addict!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
one time i spent a good 5 hours reading and posting and replying on this site.

Pffft! ...lightweight.

Hahaha! When I first started coming here a few years ago I think I did several 72 hour sessions, where I would consume monsterous amounts of various substances and try and read everything on the site. (to appease the Moderation, the various substances were not neccesarily illegal)

I don't do that anymore, but I can still easily do 24 hours straight on here without really noticing. My mind is too active, I only really sleep every 24-36 hours.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Communication_Monster
Just curious

What was you User ID before you started using your current ID? By reading some of Your post recently your writing style seems familiar.

Toogood

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think, in the end, the internet only magnifies the crushing weight of my own lonely existential angst.

But it has improved my ability to communicate, and disregard the worst in people.

top topics

join