It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Cant Know About Other Lifeforms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I understand what you mean by this, perhaps the ets don't want us to acknowledge them, because they don't want to get involved in our dilemmas. I know I wouldn't if I were them. Humans are for the most not trust worthy and unpredictable, they lie, cheat, kill, etc for trivial reasons, all the time and it's been happening since the beginning of history. Why on earth (pardon the pun) would any et ever want to -be part- of human life?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
yea we sure got over the fear of african tribes...by dehumanizing them as less then human. We called them property and ignorant, then enslaved them. Thats not getting over it, thats using ignorance to make them seem less then you. We cant do that with something superior to us. And yes history does often repeat itself, as in lets look at the countless genocides that still happen to this day. Can we say fearing the unknown. What you dont understand quickly turns into hate or fear, which brings violence.

Also about military man. You say for survival. Survival is already ensured, why invade? Thats a poor way to ensure survival, by starting wars around the galaxy. They arent like us, so why try to compare them to us. Theres no benefit in killing for no reason. They could learn from us just by looking at how primitive we are and how we evolve. Our actions to them would be like a science experiment. You gain nothing from wiping something out unless your technology is so basic that you cant sustain life. But if they can reach us, they can sustain life, and probably create it.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wonder if the aliens have ethnicities, I mean it would seem pointless as science proves that the differences in genetics between white/black/asian is so miniscule that it is impossible to distinguish them when compared. But the aliens seem so futuristic that they are probably breeding in tubes and what not.

Also how do we know that the aliens we hear so much about such as the greys arent just genetically modified machines designed for interdimensional travel.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I also want to point out how a lot of people, if not the majority, would see aliens as an immediate threat. Just look at all the movies about aliens, most of them portray aliens as antagonists and humans have to destroy them to survive. It paints a disgusting picture of how humans would view a higher intelligence. Seems like something people aren't ready to accept. It's sad how a lot of people see anything they don't recognize or know of as something to fear.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
yea we sure got over the fear of african tribes...by dehumanizing them as less then human. We called them property and ignorant, then enslaved them. Thats not getting over it, thats using ignorance to make them seem less then you. We cant do that with something superior to us. And yes history does often repeat itself, as in lets look at the countless genocides that still happen to this day. Can we say fearing the unknown. What you dont understand quickly turns into hate or fear, which brings violence.

Hence Guns, Germs , and Steel.
That had to do with geography and a lot has changed in our modern era.
The US isn't perfect but it has abolished slavery, gone through the civil rights movement and there was fear and skepticism back then towards those changes. I believe most developing nations would catch up if there was a motivation to and something to change their perspective. I'm a bit more optimistic when it comes to the Homo sapien Earthlings. ET's are just that extraterrestrials. I think people would view them as different then our development. Intellectual life exist on may different levels. We have a comprehension of technology. We're not a primitive tribe who's tricked into thinking they are Gods. Initially there would be shock by the 30% non-believers but life would accept this new reality and move on for the better. I don't think society would collapse in 2006. I'm sorry but this argument, excuse for secrecy doesn't fly.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"The US isn't perfect but it has abolished slavery"

This is a lie, Your corperations have no limits and most of your goods available at walmart were imported from nations like China where 30 million+ political disodents work as slave labourers. If America abolished slavery you would not be accepting slave made goods for cheap.

<< 1   >>

join