It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you live for? What's your ultimate purpose in life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I go surfing to get barreled, and smoke the herb when i am on land. Maybe I can do some research through school that one day will be beneficial to our species and/or the Earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In my opinion ...

Unless you leave a mark in this world, you will eventually be forgotten .. your life on earth will have been futile.
Your mark can come in many ways ... having a child, writing a great novel or amazing poem, creating a brilliant masterpiece, inventing something useful etc.

OR

You can also remembered by others by the love that you showed to them. Although down the line, after they have also gone, there may not be anyone left to remember those things you did (unless it was written). But hopefully what you have taught that person will have carried on from person to person and generation to generation.

What is life about for me? ... It's about living.
What do I live for? ... to make others and myself happy. To live, love, learn & laugh.

And hopefully, I will have accomplished leaving a little piece of me behind so that my life wasn't futile

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
WHOA ... Wait ... let's back up for a sec, shall we? ... There's a PURPOSE to LIFE ?!?!?! Yea right ... what a joke guy's .. HAHAHA ... ok, jokes over

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
to create, maybe. to be the center of attention, probably. but if I was really sure of my purpose in life, I'd be out doing it instead of sitting here every day

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Having gone through my current life....just "living", I have become, somewhat, more philisophical to the "purpose of my life".....
Currently, I feel I am here 'to experience' my life, 'to understand' who I am, in relation to my life, and how I can help others to this same experience.
It has been said that life is but a dream....that we are here 'to remember' who we were in that dream.....

Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My purpose in life is to learn. I have always had a great desire to learn, but not about things like science or history. I have always wanted to learn about computers *currently I have a degree in microelectronics and computer systems/networks, working on a programming degree*, the unexplainable, and I also have great desire to learn various meditation techniques to attempt to become more enlightened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join