It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you live for? What's your ultimate purpose in life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I believe that i'm here to have as much fun and enjoy life as much as i can before i die. And Lying on my deathbed, i can look back on my life and realize i'm satisfied with my life and that i had a great time laughing with people and anjoying myself and others around me, having a great life of enjoyment and fun.

I believe thats the ultimate purpose of life.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
you wont be thinking that when you are passed 18 mate.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I was born with, and continue to have, no purpose. Nature's goal is to have you create offspring, and then die off. I probably won't reach the first goal, nor do I have much intention of doing so. Though the second goal I am apparently approaching with great gusto.

I think maybe religions that focus on suffering being the root reason for life is why I'm here. As that is all I have found while being alive.

I want life to be about having fun, I just haven't had much of it. No matter how hard I try to achieve it and avoid the negative aspects of living. We aren't all born winners, I know that through experience.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is no dead or alive...!!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

I'm currently 20

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Originally posted by triplesod

I'm currently 20

whoops!(embarrassed smiley)

well... erm.. grow the # up then!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm here to acquire as much knowledge and wisdom as possible, and try to share it with as many poeple as I can. I should try to help others before my time is up.

IMO.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
howling has a better grasp on this I think.

but it is a world that requires many types of people for many different experiences.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   

but it is a world that requires many types of people for many different experiences.

yea everybody is necesary in some way. it creates balance

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think its all about learning, and becoming a better person,
I believe my purpose is just to be the best i can be nothing else,
and if i can change one thing in this world..or make at least one difference to someones life..ill be happy
I treat every day as a new experience
sometimes you just have to look around you and see if you can help...
As they say life is what you make it!!
I have had a hard life from a very young age and i use my experiences to help others...
that makes me feel like i lived it for a reason,
and makes my experiences more easy to cope with!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I prefer the opposite.
My goal is to discover the difference between wisdom,knowledge and how they effect reality.
I will probably end up in an asylum so I don't tell the ignorant masses what I find.....
I seek peace,nothing else.
I already faced my own death once,and that's as close to peace as I have ever found.
A lesson from God.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My ultimate purpose in life is to find out what I have lived for.

What I have done on the way so far, I take some pride in, but the outcomes for others are more important than the feel-good factor for me.

Good stuff to read here on this Topic.

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I don't know what happen to all those funny and insteresting and challenging goals that I had while growing up, maybe drugs smashed them outta my head, but now my only goal, is to gather money. And to gather as much as possible, so I can retire not too old, and have fun for the rest of my days. I'll be honnest I wanna be a #ing millionnaire. Yeah, maybe moeny doesn't bring happyness. But I don't care, and with today's crap society, I don't want to have to care for all the rest of my life.It's all about tha money. But of course, I have to have fun while doing so. This is an instinctive goal I think. Can't deny it.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And my ultimate purpose in life is to post my ever loving mind out

Really, I think we all want the same things in life, happiness, love, a life lived to the max, families etc etc..
That is life, that is or should be our main purpose, we were blessed to *live* so let's do it already!

Mags

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i live because im alive, and im alive because i need to die...

life is a bag of # really..

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Purpose is something you make up to feel like you have something to live for. Truth is, there is no purpose for anything, it just exists.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Long time no see Attero.

Thanks for a purposeful post.

If something exists, then it must have a purpose, some would instruct.

Life withot a purpose is far less enjoyable than life with a purpose, and as I live in part to please myself and others, then purpose makes it more pleasurable.

Does pleasure itself have a purpose? It would be difficult to accept that it just exists.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I live simply to help others, to make the world a slightly better place, 1 person at a time. I've had somebody come up to me and tell me "thank you so much, i know that because of you i am alive right now" and that is an absolutely wonderful feeling.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

To have fun and be happy.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hey , RAGE, looks like the corps Poached your avatar...

contribute to Gene Pool....make babies,

experience all i can handle & then some...
( since experience is the best teacher)

pass along all the knowledge , insider info., & knock-knock jokes to my offspring...so they can survive & excell

then - with some dignity- shed this mortal coil....

*sorry to be a non-P.C. person --> but, among other things, i'm not a organ donor, sos..they cant re-cycle me that way--> and the GM (gov/gene.manipulators)& Soylent Green/ReConstitution Engineers won't want my bio-mass either (the how is a secret, grasshopper..)
+++++

play & have fun, eh? ...all your next 80-100-120- years. eh?

I hope you enjoy your journey

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join