It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak of black, tar-like sweat in southern Texas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this since I first read this post this morning and the best I can come up with given the evidence and diagnosis to date is some sort of necrotic enzyme based cluster that also attacks or spreads though the nervous system.

I started thinking "what else can cause dermal abbrasions like that" and the first thing that came to mind was a Brown Recluse spider bite.
Given that the CDC and other labs have deemed this to not be a pathogen or parisitic, then some sort of enzyme base or a carcinogenic chemical base is the only other option.
Aside from, of course, space alien parasites that we can't detect with modern methods.

I would be curious to see what effect electical shocks would have on an infected area as that is a fairly common treatment for the sphingomyelinase enzyme venom of a Brown Recluse bite. From reading some of the victoms stories I would say it can't hurt to try it at least! Common self defence stun gun set on low is what it usually used on the spider bites.

I will have to research more on lyme disease and see if it might tie into the enzyme theory somehow.

-Nem

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One thing I would like to note is the story that the OP posted seems to be everywhere.... www.google.com...

Almost every result leads to different publications that have posted that exact same story with nothing else added. And all point back to Morgellons.org

I'm starting to wonder if there is a new parasite movie or video game coming out soon....

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i still havnt seen a pic of the black sweat

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I haven't either...
I dont want to throw water on this as so many doctors have...

but i really need to see more,
more effort from the sufferers... get some DNA tests... they are available... then we will talk about the Nobel prize... but until then, it is just "fuzz"

more effort from the CDC in proving this is not a disease... they could have a morgellens page, that describes the reasons they are not looking at it, and it would answer all those perturbing questions...

and from that poor dude, that pulled one of these so called parasites from his nose and hand... (i still think they are totally unrelated to morgellens sufferers).

Just for tricks... ask any of these morgellens sites what size zoom the are using, and why they dont bother to use a nanoscale next to the photo...very easy, and would get the doctor they sent these pics to, to analyze them further...

for these people being such sufferers, they sure do seem to want alot of attention to there plight, but not want to solve what it is (they almost seem to almost prefer that it is an unknown... as they get more sympathy)

Please prove me wrong... if anyone HAS had a DNA check on this fuzz let me know... and what they found out...

Also, has anyone heard about the goats that make silk? maybe this was a failed GM animal chimera that infected people instead...

goats mixed with spiders- the goat spider makes silk

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Southern Texas? I think I've solved the mystery:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wonder why there doesn't seem to be a lot of good research into this. I mean science is supposed to look at things like this to find out what they are. It seems much of it is being written off as psychological without any clear tests. It seems doctors like to use that diagnosis when they can't be bothered or don't like the look of something.

I wish someone could at least run tests on the exposed lesions and supposed filaments. Doctors are apparently saying these fialments are lint and yet i can't find any tests that have been done to prove it.

To my mind it sounds remarkably like a fungus. Filaments of varying colours, black specks etc.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
maybe these people are doing it to themselves.thinking thell get media attention to expose the governments

thats what id do,only use a subhuman host

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Southern Texas? I think I've solved the mystery:

Skoal? Why that's for sissies! I sprinkle skoal on my breakfast cereal!

Copenhagen! Now that'll put hair on your chest!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Skoal? Why that's for sissies! I sprinkle skoal on my breakfast cereal!

Hair resembling multicolored fibers and tar.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Hair resembling multicolored fibers and tar.

Why yes! Actually I was thinking I would get a mod edit and should have thought of that.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if any of these victims with the tar sweat symtom are heavy smokers?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

That'll put hair IN your chest.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Truth be told (the sad truth), I've been "dipping" Copenhagen since the age of 12 and I didn't grow up on a farm.

trying to stay on topic. My last question is still up in the air for anyone who has a clue on it?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
you may not have lived on a farm,but your had some irresponsible parents

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
In science there's a strong tendency to try to classify seemingly new phenomena (like the symptoms in this thread) in existing categories. This keeps things simple and well-organized, but it also means that it takes a while for new, independant phenomena to be recognized as such.

In plainer terms: we try to classify new symptoms into an existing disease. Barring a huge number of people in the same area, going to the same doctor (or group of doctors), at the same time, the individual cases tend to be pigeonholed into existing diseases until there's enough of a body of evidence to change that.

So, the resistance to the Morgellon's syndrom that we're seeing isn't likely due to a vast conspiracy as much as it is to the fact that the sufferers are relatively isolated and the syndrome is fairly new. The institute is a good step, though, towards finding out if this is indeed something new. It's bringing attention to the sufferers, starting to make regional news, and will help compile data. It's nowhere near to the point yet were we can just throw resources at the problem, but it's quite likely that should the momentum continue someone will make a more organized search into the subject. Once that happens, we should get more conclusive reports on the issue.

Not that that does anything for the people suffering now, but it does mean it's unlikely that the initial resistance is due to some dark cabal
We see the exact same pattern in any other scientific field when new theories are introduced. The resistance is, in the long run, a good thing as it forces the people proposing new theories to have proof of their claims. What we have now are a number of individual anecdotes, not data.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
found a new article on the this strange new disease along with a video clip

cbs2.com...

(CBS) LOS ANGELES It's a "mystery” straight out of the "X-Files."

But those who suffer from it will tell you it's painfully real.

Imagine sweating "beads” of a *black tar- like substance" -- or pulling colored threadlike strings from sores all over your body.

Worst of all... not only are doctors unsure of what it is, many tell patients they're making it all up.

The disease literally makes your skin feel like it's crawling-- but here's the real scary part for us. Out of the entire country, the L.A. area has the highest percentage of cases.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
it being in LA it could just be people in alot of smog

why dont we try to find cheneys phone number an talk to him about it,im sure he know, IF this is cause by the chemtrails

[edit on 19-5-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I wonder why there doesn't seem to be a lot of good research into this.

Doctors don't even want to go near them. Dunno I feel kind of bad but then again who would want to catch something like that. I hope something is found out. I posted a link earlier in this thread and the video author seems to say its of man-made origins.

Pie

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
When the oklahoma health sciences center can't identify it, then it probably isn't biological...

Which would bring me back to thinking more common options like:
bedbugs- scabs envelope lint
mites- scabs from itching collect fuzz
fleas- dont have to have animals to have fleas... neighbors can provide those
scabies seems to be the diagnosis in some cases...

Its not that i dont beleive that they have legitimate complaints, but i think they are adding 2+2=22
come on people... blue and yellow (and multicolored) synthetic looking fibers... in a scab?
and instead of the occams razor choice of a normal problem-solution
they come up with radically new parasite that causes your body to become a textile factory...

that, to me, is a stretch, and started by someone who claimed this, and got others (with similar complaints from the above reasons) to think their issue was similar. So that now, you have countless thousands that "think" they have the same thing... all from seeing unspecific pics of nasty scabs with fuzz in them...

I have over 10 scabs on my body right now, and they all have lint in them... if i sent them to morgellens society, they would invite me to be a member...

Got news for ya...
So I got Morgellens also... but strangely enough, i dont have incredible pain from it (minor irritation at most) and i dont have the fatigue that comes with it (OH wait... maybe those aches and pains i get are from this instead of just getting older, ahhhh thats the ticket) I also have the head sores... i thought they were just scratches, flea bites, or pimples...

Oh, and the itchiness... ask a psychologist about that... it is a neat phenomena...
tell people that there is a large ant problem at your work, and it will be amazing how many people feel them crawling on their skin...

So i guess my problem with giving this total credence yet, is that there is NO reason a coverup would be undertaken, and the various agencies that are supposed to study this, have, and didn't bother to study it more...
Combine that with the very common symptoms, and I am unable to see how everyone doesn't technically have this disease as it is described...

Point of reference... lyme disease... when it first was discovered, there were massive misdiagnoses... all based upon tired, sickly, overworked people, who thought they got bit and didn't know it...

Pieman: I researched that parasite hand/nose video...
the concensus that i could find, is that it is a unrelated hoax... NOT MORGELLENS. It was pretty obvious when he removes the "parasite" from his hand, and there was no actual hole in his hand...
The same trick has been done for centurys in other countries by holisitc healers that are supposidly removing "bad juju" from peoples navels, hands, butt cracks...etc...
but hey, even robert conrad was fooled at first.

I am trying to be vigilant here... but without any DNA tests, or relative size checks, how are we going to know more?

[edit on 19-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Absolutely crazy stuff. I hope we come to a better understanding of what it is.

Troy

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Tar like sweat. Maybe a little jelly like, very, very dark blue? I've seen something like that in seniors. Not purpura but actual tiny droplets of thickish gooey veinous heme rich plasma on the skin suface at the collar and pressure points in bed sores almost plastic or putty like. I'd always thought it a result of small vascular hemorrhages in the venules and capillaries of dehydrated skin or so we were taught. The other stuff looks like parasitic worms which are not that uncommon... in underdeveloped nations. Grotty to the max... hurl-spawn.

It must smell very, very badly... necrotic putrification and liquifaction always does... little mint under the nose keeps the smell of death away. Wound care and auto-innoculation of the surrounding wound sites and tissue must be a real problem. Their bodies don't seem to be fighting it well, this could be fatal.

Glad I'm not there, and I hope it stays where I'm not. Barring complicating pre-existing pharma/physiological contraindicators pump 'em up with vermox and warfarin, keep 'em hydrated... try and trigger an aggressive immune response somehow maybe 3TC or something toxic like methotrexate. Try starving and bathing diffent sample patches of lesion with oxygen. Somehow get the body to exclude this infection or irritant. Why isn't the CDC all over this? You'd think Dr. Gerberding would recognize an emerging public health threat? Maybe not.

Ebola or Marbug type scary...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join