It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak of black, tar-like sweat in southern Texas?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To me, or to my stomach, the video almost seems more like a disinformation tactic. It is sooooooo large as to be unbelievable. I am unclear of the surroundings in which this was performed, but it would seem likely to have it done in a setting that would be used to further the investigation of this phenomena.

The links to the ADHD, Fibermyalgia, Autism, etc really lead me towards the stealth viruses that have been low key, yet troublesome for a couple of decades now.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
To me, or to my stomach, the video almost seems more like a disinformation tactic.

What video?
Link?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here is link. It is so gross.

www.medicinefilms.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Interesting videos.
Again, a very limited perspective in the videos and nothing much more than "you can't believe how much this sucks" in the dialog on the blog.

I want to see an entire perspective of a case of this mystery disease. If it's on an arm, I want to see shots of the arm attached to the person, the top, the bottom, the other arm, then get to the close ups under good lighting. Remove the object and place it on a white sheet of paper. Place it in a shallow dish and pour some bleach on it to see if it reacts or moves at all. Put a light under the object and add some various dyes to it to see if we can determine more detail.

This is not rocket science to an investigation here. If we are to see what this is, we need to SEE what this is... full scale, in real life, on a real person. It doesn't have to be video either, a series of high res images in a definable sequence will do. Show the surrounding living area, any suspected places of contamination and local waters and vegitation.

We need more than the 'shock factor' if anyone is really serious about figuring this out and getting help for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I do not think that particular video posted above is the one that has been discussed. a compilation of the observations of the isolated organism causing this illness can be found at www.crossinglines.net as well as www.silentsuperbug.com.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Those are some tripped out videos, I should have brought some acid with me to really get the full effect!

Just kidding.

My lunch hour research for today has led me to yet another conclusion:

I'm now thinking these poor folks have advanced Chagas' disease and are not getting treated for it. Although according to this site the advanced stages of this disease has no real treatment aside from managing the symptoms.
Just because this disease has an old name doesn't make it any less miserable than Morgellons from what I've seen so far.
On the crossinglines.net site, the victim stated on October 2005: "I acquired this while staying in a hotel in South San Francisco. Extended hotel visits were a weekly event for me. While staying there I was severely attacked and bitten by bed bugs and that's when the nightmare with this began. This was around January of 2002."
This map of Chagas' disease areas put him pretty close to the vector...

Side Note: Global warming may be moving the vector of this disease more north I fear.

The combination of Blue-green algae/bacteria (Cyanobacteria) with Trypanosoma cruzi (the bug that causes Chagas' disease) might be a bit of a streach, but I'm not going to rule it out. I will look into the feasibility of that on tomorrows lunch hour.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Supposedly, something like this has been happening since the 1600's: The name "Morgellons Disease" is based on the description of a similar fiber producing condition, found in children by Sir Thomas Browne in 1674. Microscopic drawings, dating from 1682 by Dr. Michel Etmuller appear to be similar to the fibers from present-day sufferers. (OSU) so could it be that it disappered for that long, only to come back recently, and was there really THAT much pollution in the 1600's?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
All logical research aside, how about a wild - off the wall - unsubstantiated conspiracy theory?

What if Pfizer has been secretly test marketing a special version of Visine brand eye drops that contain a man modified pathogen that can get into the blood stream and detect and start replicating in the presence of THC?

The ultimate "harsh" for stoners. Or like an AIDS for using what some people would consider a narcotic drug.

Several different things led me to this theory, non of which can be considered credible sources.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Morgellons Disease
New Lab Findings Point To Silicone/Silica
and High Density Polyethlyene Fibers,
Are These Now Being Sprayed On Meats and Vegetables?

It appears, new lab findings using tissue and bone specimens have solved some of the mysteries of Morgellons Disease.

Eighteen specimens, taken from a 57-year-old woman reveal bone, synovium and joint tissue having extensive degenerative fragmentation, roughening and bony formation and underlying extensive degeneration of the bone. Chronic inflammation with fibrosis, calcification of the bone and surrounding soft tissue of the joint shows presence of crystalloid fragments consistent with silicone and silica. Further, a private study to determine the chemical and biological composition of fiber specimens taken from a second woman in Florida has shown that the fiber's outer casing is made up of high density polyethylene (HDPE). The fiber material is used commonly in the manufacture of fiber optics.

The following are findings presented by Dr. Hildegarde Staninger, RIET-1, Industrial Toxicologist/IH & Doctor of Integrative Medicine. "Far-Infrared Radiant Heat (FIR RH) Type Remediation for Mold and Other Unique Diseases" © October 18, 2006, at the NREP Annual Conference in Nashville, TN for the National Registry of Environmental Professionals, P.0. Box 2099, Glenview, IL 60025 Phone: 847-724-6631, Fax: 847-724-4223

Dr. Staninger's findings are pending to published in the Journal of Pathology.

"Morgellons"

- - - A disease in which individuals have the growth of fibers from their skin that burn at 1,700 degrees F and do not melt. (20)(* see below) A private study to determine the chemical and biological composition of these fibers has shown that the fibers' outer casing is made up of high density polyethylene fiber (HDPE). The fiber material is used commonly in the manufacture of fiber optics. There is no history of the individual in that industry or coming into contact with this material. It was further determined that this material is used throughout the bio nanotechnology world as a compound to encapsulate a viral protein envelope, which is composed of a viron (1/150th times smaller than a virus) with DNA, RNA, RNAi (mutated RNA) or RNAsi linear or ring plasmids for specific functions. (21, 22) Toxicological pathology identification of tissue biopsies from an individual diagnosed with Morgellons revealed the presence of continual silica or glass tubules with the presence of silicone. (23) Dr. Staninger's full paper presented at conference

It must be noted that the core toxicological effects of silicone alone have been demonstrated throughout the breast implant industry and litigation cases. (24, 25)

Furthermore, silicone cannot make silica, but silica or silica bicarbonate can make silicone through natural cellular interaction in a biological system. The subject did not have breast implants or any other implant or silicon glue injections. "

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
if u dam texans stop eating dinosaur fecies may it would go away

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You are correct in the assumption that a GMO is the cause of morgellons, and in the statement that it is affecting other species as well. The organism is a modified cyanobacterium, all research done to date point at R. Seeberi as the base organism with higher primate, a marine specie and insect gene input. In other words, this is a huge problem.

Cyano and algae, in more general terms; plankton, represents the biggest body, the biggest weight, the biggest decision maker related to life, because it represents the source code of all life that is present.

This type of information incorporated into this GMO, has begun to exponentially proliferate into the environment and create momentum in a body it feels most comfortable with, including water and soil; this includes freshwater supplies, lakes, rivers and the vast ocean.

You are also correct in thinking that "this is very bad". It is nothing short of a disaster.

They can't stop it, they can't keep science at pace with the speed nature integrates this type element in every life form that is around.

For more information concerning the research that has been done visit silentsuperbug-reference.blogspot.com... www.crossinglines.net

And then demand an investigation as to why our federal health monitors continue to ignore their responsibility to inform the general public as to the existence of this organism.

www.crossinglines.net... silentsuperbug-reference.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am going to tie this thread to this one.

I have my reservations still but all stones must be overturned.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology

April, 2007

www.eblue.org...

Dr. William T. Harvey responds to previous articles written on Morgellons that stated that Morgellons patients were suffering from delusions:

excerpt:

" . . . To anyone willing to look and listen, all patients with Morgellons carry elevated laboratory proinflammatory markers, elevated insulin levels, and verifiable serologic evidence of 3 bacterial pathogens. They also show easily found physical markers such as peripheral neuropathy, delayed capillary refill, abnormal Romberg's sign, decreased body temperature, and tachycardia. Most importantly they will improve, and most recover on antibiotics directed at the above pathogens. . . "

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this is just a letter to the editor, not a research article. Just as unfortunatly the good Dr. Harvey neglects to help others by posting the full information.

all patients with Morgellons carry elevated laboratory proinflammatory markers,

Which markers, and how elevated?

elevated insulin levels

How high are the elevations?

and verifiable serologic evidence of 3 bacterial pathogens.

Which 3 bacterial pathogens?

most recover on antibiotics directed at the above pathogens

Which antibiotics are effective? What quantity should be used for effective control? How long are they needed?

If the Dr. can take the time to quote Carl Sagan, he could easily have used the same time and space to have cited the above valuable information. That would have made his letter to the editor much more valuable. I hope he follows up with the information.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.usp-db.com...

Not specific answers to your questions above, however, more information in the same vein.

Scroll down for the laboratory information.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by questionhair]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thankyou all, best info for me so far. Look in a microscope, notice anything floating around in your eye too? After I got over that shock I notice two sets of 3 or 4 cells in a row, all round & overlayed form a T-shape, black specks, etal. I pulled a hair, under a scope it looked like a mini-locust with multiple long spindly legs wrapped around the hair shaft just below skin level. Others were glass tube shaped with fish lips some with bent arm hooks - like an earthworm. Makes people do irrational things, perhaps even add to the strange behavior of home buyers & business people making business plans that made no sense causing the housing bubble. Easily led masses. Chigger-like super bites from the floods? There are fibers interwoven in skin, easy to see under a scope. I dont think antibiotics work, not for me yet anyway, Im too big of guy for this to be easy I guess. Nothing Ive ever experienced is worse. I have been trained to use a microscope and I just had to look. Nothing else to do now but slather, lather & rinse?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It seems to me that it's not a disease at all, it's environmental. I admit I used to think these people were delusional but the "fibers" do look very much like what the American government is spraying over some areas.

The solution seems mind numbing simple. Move.

I haven't read about any case in which the person moved to an area in which no spraying was going on. They stayed in the same house, same town and continued to collect samples as proof. Well great, why not act on this "proof" by actually showing the connection in moving.

If it really is ruining people's lives and it's not a delusion that they are knowingly causing and enhancing through self mutilation, I would think moving would be a no brainer.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

The solution seems mind numbing simple. Move.

It's a real mystery and just speculating, but, I wonder if Hurricane Ike will help to clean the air or perhaps move IT to another location. Do you think a storm could spread something like that?

Also, if it does not burn and it is a living organisim, then it can be smothered. I would try duct tape, at least it would stop moving.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Siren]

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Update: Out of 100 people studied, 1 had bugs.

Study Says Patients May Be Delusional Toward Skin Infestation

17 May 2011

A new study has revealed that patients may actually be delusional when they claim to their doctor that they have bugs on their skin.Patients often go to a dermatologist to be treated for a skin infestation when they believe that their are parasites crawling around on their body.

A new study though led by Dr. Mark D. Davis from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn has proven that they may not actually have bugs, but may instead be delusional.Researchers, for the purpose of the study, focused on a group of more than 100 patients.All of the patients included in the study stated that their skin had been infested with bugs, bacteria, or something of that nature.What researchers found was that there was only 1 case where the skin of the patient was actually infected with a bug or bacteria.

The belief is that these patients suffer from delusional parasitosis, where they believe they are infected with parasites, but the reality is that they are not.The delusions can be so severe though that the patients may not know the difference.Patients included in the study visited the Mayo Clinic from 2001 to 2007.
The study has been published in the Archives of Dermatology.

For Some, Bugs Crawling on Skin Is a Delusion

"The patients become desperate because they feel their skin is infested with things like insects, bugs and worms. Sometimes they feel there are fibers crawling out of their skin or bits of triangles coming out of their skin," Davis said. "They become very preoccupied with it and try to extract it with forceps and knives, and they go to lots of doctors to try to get a diagnosis so they can get an antibiotic to get rid of it.

"We see many patients whose lives are ruined," he added.

Some doctors prescribe anti-psychotic drugs to the patients, said Dr. Steven R. Feldman, a professor of dermatology at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, who believes a neurotransmitter imbalance in the brain causes the condition.

But, "it can be difficult to get patients to take the medication since they don't believe the problem is in their head," Feldman said.

For this study, published online May 16 in the Archives of Dermatology, researchers tested skin samples from 108 people -- 75 percent women -- who visited the Mayo Clinic between 2001 and 2007 and complained of animate and inanimate invaders. Patients had suffered for an average of 2.3 years.

Seventy-nine percent of the patients complained of bug infestations. Others were sure they had worms, eggs, fibers or other intruders, such as "specks," rotting wood fungus, glass and car oil.

After taking skin biopsies and/or examining skin samples provided by the patients, the researchers found that the majority of the skin samples showed signs of dermatitis and other skin conditions, such as ulceration or inflammation. Only one skin sample revealed an insect with infestation potential -- a pubic louse.

edit on 5/17/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
This sounds so aweful.

I am wondering though, if this might be one of those viruses that was released when the ice started thawing.

I remember reading a few articles where scientists found different viruses and bacteria, that came back to life, so to speak, when thawed out.

Yes, a new microbe (or black algae, or antartic black fungi) was drilled for and discovered in a lake in antartica years and years ago. There are a lot of conspiracy web sites about them, but most are just garbage. The best most scientific data I can find on it are by googling up "antartic black fungi."

If this has any connection to Texas is a whole other matter.

David Grouchy

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join