It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garlic Is Toxic ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I also want to add that for a person suffering from a systemic candida infection, I have found very little as helpful as good old garlic that I grow myself. At other times I eat very little garlic, but if candida is a problem then I become the Garlic Queen (in addition to my other title as "Pele, Queen of Mu".

(Unrelated to this thread but still important information: if anyone has had an MRI or other scan with nuclear dyes injected into them, do eat miso soup every day for as long as you can. And if you must have such a scan with contrast eat miso soup every day for a fortnight beforehand and as many weeks after as possible. It is also very good for troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan who have been poisoned with depleted uranium dust -- and likewise good for all the family who invariably are exposed to some level of the dust through the soldier's clothing, possessions, or person.)

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cams

So what is the other effect?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Garlic, onions, leeks, and ramps all contain amounts of chemicals that do considerably alter brainwave patterns to something quite chaotic and the opposite of the kind of coherence many seek.

And those are the four plants many buddhists will not eat. The explanation is that they interfere with your spiritual energy and development.

Vas

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Garlic, onions, leeks, and ramps all contain amounts of chemicals that do considerably alter brainwave patterns to something quite chaotic and the opposite of the kind of coherence many seek.

And those are the four plants many buddhists will not eat. The explanation is that they interfere with your spiritual energy and development.

Vas

Drats!!! Minus the ramps, I eat at least two of those things every day. And, fool that I am, I eat them so regularly because I heard/read that they are very healthy for us.

Now I am bummed to learn that they may be interfering with my spiritual energy. Truly, I'm not being sarcastic here. Frek!

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arthur1987

In the Yoga tradition garlic has been considered improper food for more then 2000 years.
In one of the most ancient yogic text, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, has been written that garlic is dangerous for health and that it disturbs very much the concentration.

more here:

yogatogether.net...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yay for garlic!!! So many health benefits.

Garlic is a very powerful antioxidant! It's anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-viral and a cancer fighter.

The thing is, you have to eat garlic within one hour of crushing or smashing it. After that, the active ingredient is destroyed. So, Garlic pills should really be avoided.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If I eat onions everyday for a week I become anemic.
For those of you who became tired after eating a lot of garlic, this was likely the reason.
Horses become anemic when they eat wild onions.

The beneficial effects of the garlic may not be that it is doing the killing of your pathogens, but that its toxicity is stimulating your immune system.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

almost anything in large quantities can be toxic to the human body

it has its own balance and when that is screwed up is when things begin to happen

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Garlic combats arsenic poisoning
14 January 2008
NewScientist.com news service

Garlic may provide some relief for millions of Bangladeshis and Indians whose drinking water is contaminated with arsenic.

Keya Chaudhuri of the Indian Institute of Chemical Biology in Kolkata, and her colleagues gave rats daily doses of arsenic in their water, in levels equivalent to those found in groundwater in Bangladesh and West Bengal. Rats which were also fed garlic extracts had 40 per cent less arsenic in their blood and liver, and passed 45 per cent more arsenic in their urine (Food and Chemical Toxicology, DOI: 10.1016/j.fct.2007.09.108).

Chaudhuri says that sulphur-containing substances in garlic scavenge arsenic from tissues and blood. She advises people in at-risk areas to eat one to three cloves of garlic per day as a preventative.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cams

Heys cams, I'm a male and really loosing my hair too. How did you use garlic to regrow your hair? Were you almost bald/visibly thinned on top? Please do let me know, hairloss is driving me nuts!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cams

After researching Dr Beck quite vigorously, I tend to believe what he has to say as he has no reason to lie whatsoever. Besides, if I didn't believe in him I never would have found a cheap way to grow my hair back (was starting to lose some on top). In my opinion Dr Robert Beck was a genuine patriot so I strongly urge people to spend some time researching him. Having said that, I don't go out of my way to avoid consuming garlic (unless I'm using the device).

[edit on 28-6-2008 by cams]

cams, you said that garlic regrew your hair. Can you please answer few questions? I'm a male and losing hair for several years, would really appreciate if you reply.

1) Are you male? how long have you been losing your hair?
2) How much hair had you lost? was it visible thinning on top or a bald spot?
3) how did you use garlic to regrow hair? after how much time did the hair start to regrow and for how long did you use garlic?
4) are you still using it to maintain hair growth or have you stopped it now.

Please do let me know asap. If you don't feel comfortable answering on a public forum, please send me a private message.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Even water can be toxic if you drink to much. Will swell the brain.

Moderation.

Ama

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Everything is toxic, even water. It's only that our body can process certain amounts of the substance before it becomes detrimental to our health.

Garlic is extremely toxic to VAMPIRES!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sure garlic has anti-biotic properties. But like ALL anti-biotics, it doesn't distinguish between good and bad bacteria within the body.

Here's more info on the ancient aversions to garlic and other pungent plants like onions and leeks.

Reiki: Taoism

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Garlic is good... it helps keep away Republicans and vampires... it works better on vampires though... I have never once been bothered by a vampire.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake711

cams, you said that garlic regrew your hair. Can you please answer few questions? I'm a male and losing hair for several years, would really appreciate if you reply.

no, Dr.Beck invented or develped an electric medical device which is believed to cleanse the blood. the caveat was that toxic substances would be much more effective while using that device, resulting in garlic (among other herbs) becoming toxic.

i don't know, other than breath i never found any downside, or even reported downsides. heck, to be brutally honest, if i had that wrist device, i'd use it with a bit of garlic (steadily increasing) to see if it has any effect.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jake711

Hi. Apologies for any confusion, but I was referring to Dr Robert Beck's research, and therefore certainly did not mention that garlic helped with hair regrowth (it may though, who knows).

As mentioned by Long Lance, Dr Beck devised an electrical device (refined from an existing US patent) that kills pathogens, viruses etc in the bloodstream. He used this device on AIDS and cancer patients and obtained amazing results.

However, Dr Beck also used colloidal silver (a known anti-bacterial agent) to aid in maintaining his health, which is in fact what I am using to grow my hair back.

So far my hair hasn't fully grown back as this is a long process but there are fine, blonde/white hairs growing in places that were once completely bald. I noticed this after a couple of weeks, and after six or so months people have been commenting on my thicker hair.

I will start a thread on this one day, but at the moment, photos still fail to pick up obvious results, even though the naked eye can..

"It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"

But don't take my (or Dr Beck's) word for it, visit the US patent office to varify for yourself such as US Patent 6103272 and others

PS: technically I'm still a baldy to most though...give me a few more months though.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I don't know about Garlic, but when it mixes with the girlfriend it sure is! That breath will kill ya!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
I don't know about Garlic, but when it mixes with the girlfriend it sure is! That breath will kill ya!

Oh but I have a chicken with 40 cloves of garlic recipe that is an almost guaranteed seducer. I have had women claim that it was the finest dish they'd even eaten.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My mom used to cut slits in her pot roast and then she would insert whole cloves into the little pockets. The garlic would slow roast along with the pot roast for hours. My brother and I would fight for those cloves when the roast was sliced. Just like butter. Is it to early for a pot roast?

My great grandfather used to eat the stuff raw. Needless to say, no one ever wanted to sit next to him in church.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join