It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when does the chit-chat start? Right now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey, how you doing?

Come here often?

What do you do?

Me? I'm in computers. I work for a public school district fixin' 'em.

You like sports? Me, I'm fond of baseball.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I stop in here when im in this part of town. I like their margaritas.

nah, I'm pretty much semi retired from the design trades, play a little blues guitar and sing in the beer joints now and then for pocket money.

I kind of like the ponys, not sure if thats a sport though. Arthuritis killed my carrear as south American cliff diver. oh well.........

Kids? None that I know of har dee har har.

no, no I'll get the next round. What is that 7&7.

What kind of shirt is that polo ralphie L.? Looks nice!

[edit on 13-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hello, MrPenny. I'm well at the moment. I logon to the community daily, but don't always post. Sports, no I'm not into sports. Catch motorsports once in a while, and watch the Olympics. I do know it's baseball season, so you must be enjoying the sport now. Saw your post on grumpy thread--I know a couple relocating to Central Missouri, they said its climate is mild compared to areas around it, no tornadoes, no hurricanes, not a lot of snow, are they right? I know you must not be from around here, because the local school district doesn't fix their computers, or anything else I hear; they just get rid of them somehow. Hey, come to think of it, my husband can fix computers and any electronics (likes to do stuff like that, right now he's in the garage fixing a power steering fluid leak). I've seen him solder circuit boards (even in the truck), but as a last resort I've seen him use the good ole "whack"--sometimes it works. Hey, I'll bet with your job, that you find all kinds of things stuck in computers by students, or coffee/soda spilled by personnel.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks, another Bacardi and Coke would be fine.

Pass the peanuts......thanks..

Missouri weather? kinda' weird. Lately the heavier snowfall has been south of us. Go figure. We've been getting ice...hate the ice. Missouri wasn't so lucky with tornadoes this year. We had a couple that killed some people.

I once pulled 3 cds out of one cd drive in an iMac. The kids just kept cramming them in. Another tech responded to an order for a non-working cd drive in another iMac. There was actually no drive in the machine at all. There was 12 cds laying in the bottom of the case. They simply kept stuffing cds in.

Excuse me, can I get you something? A coke, water?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm Russian soldier
I'm not a Russian soldier yet, but will be in 1 year
I've been training very hard to become a soldier
I like basketball
I listen to Rap

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I come here alot and post here alot, usually on ATS, but also on BTS.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Heya people....

Mind if I join you all and get comfy? I brought some proper British beer to the party too!

As for what I do...I'm a uni student (again) and loving every minute of it, although I come here to ATS/BTS when my studies get to damn heavy, just to explore the dark-side of the main-stream-media moon...cheers

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Hi, I'm super good and getting better. Thanks for asking.

I come here far too often, but I just can't seem to stop.

I do lots of different things at work, it's a small company. I'm the IT dept, the HR dept, the accounting dept and just about every other one too. Imagine a workplace with a President, a VP and then someone who does all the work. I'm the last one on that list.

I've been known to enjoy hockey.

I think I'll have a girly drink with an umbrella, please.

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Duzey]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
How about a mai-tai? The bartender makes good mai-tai's.

I hated hockey until I went to a live game. Now I just dislike it.

timski....do you have a stout in the case?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
An international soiree, MrPenny! A coke would be fine, thank you. Is that Whaaa playing his guitar? Privyet, Russian soldier. Timski, is the beer served warm--I'm American, but my beer doesn't have to be cold, just good. I put some Sweet Maui Onion potato chips on the table. Oh, oh, my husband put the Japanese tv show Banzai on. Funny and intriguing. Oh, a bolt holding the pump on was stripped, so instead of replacing the pump, he just sprayed on some kind of sealer where it was leaking. We'll have to let a mechanic work on it when the pump finally gives out. Oh, as I previewed the post I see Duzey has joined us.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A mai-tai sounds great.

Oh look, chips! Yummy... Thanks Desert.

*munch, munch*

Hmmm, warm beer. Nope, I'll stick with the mai-tai.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You know Russian soldier, I think you're the first Russian Soldier I've ever met.

I know I've never seen one in here anyway. Are those peanuts Yumm, I like these with the brown sugar glaze.

Speaking of peanuts, did you know that when George Washington Carver started his research into the peanut, he first wanted to explore the food value and commercial application of the Garbanzo bean. I know, I couldn't believe it either.

There is a word to describe the condition where you cant remember the word you want to use, any of you lounge lizards know what it is? I can't remember it! It'll come to me in a minute. It's right on the tip of my tongue.

The tongue..... now that a strange organ... whoops is that my cell, excuse me for a second.............

[edit on 14-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Somebody keeps eating my peanuts. HEY, pass the peanuts.

I like it here, they don't play the music so loud that its hard to talk.

whaaa....I think that word you're looking for is....uh..its uh........shoot.....give me a minute.

Maybe I need another beer. Going to the bar....anybody need a refill?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks Mr. Penny, Something in a pilsner. I kind of like to keep it light until later when they bring out the Cuervo.
yeah the music is nice, is that a Steely Dan tune there?
Whoa, it just came to me out of the blue "aphasia" thats the word were looking for.
Strictly speaking, aphasia is an impairment of the language function caused by brain damage and the good lord knows I got plenty of that, thanks to this saloon society life style I been living for this past couple of years.

I guess it's like Neal young said, "better to burn out than.......see I cant even remember the rest of the phrase. damn!

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Neil Young......let me think a minute.

...than it is to fade away".....I think that's it.

Hah! Still got it.

I thought aphasia concerned the inability to verbalize the word. You could think the word, just not say it.

Hey, did she just wink at me?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm ok MrPenny, thanks.

Whaaa, depending on one's age, it's called CRS, Can't Remember S---.

Peanut lovers standing over the peanut bowl having a conversation. There's a brand of peanuts, Hoody's, roasted in Oregon, that are good. I remember the roasted peanuts from the ballpark as a kid. Who has tried boiled peanuts? I kept seeing them traveling in Florida, then when I started west in Georgia, I decided to buy some. Problem was, it was deep in Georgia, the nice old man who sold them to me spoke English but I couldn't understand a word he said, so I just gave him money, took the bag, and tried to figure out if you eat the shell, too. When I got home, I made my own boiled peanuts, very salty water with raw peanuts.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thank you Desert, you certainly do look lovely tonite! Are those earrings by Paloma Picasso or Etinni.

I too am fascinated by the lowly peanut. South of the border down Mexico way they have a method of preparing them that is my all time favorite. First they are boiled to a soft constituency then strung on a string and roasted over an open gasoline flame then sprinkled with a hot pungent, red chili power and sea salt. Last year a string of peanuts ran about 1 peso. I think this is a fairly localized preparation down around Topolobompo. Here in the desert SW it's getting real hard to find a good Pnut in the bars. The current rage is red hot blues [chips] and canned salsa.

MrPenny, I think that cutie was winking at the Russian Soldier.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thank you, Whaaa, yes, they're Etiennes. With all that chili around town, you can always have a hot date I hope Duzey doesn't get calls from work here on his cell phone. I should go over to Russian Soldier and ask what Russian rap groups there are. I have always loved European pop music.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't even have a cell phone, or the genitalia to be called a he.

I must be hanging out in the wrong places. The bars where I am are too cheap to provide us with any sort of munchies. :shk: That's why I'm hanging out in this one.

Those earring are absolutely stunning Desert.

Oh, and the cutie was winking at me. Sadly, I don't swing that way, but it's still flattering.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
WOW, this sure sounds like a swell place to be. May I join you please? I bring gifts of the finest Stolichnaya Russian Vodka and Vanilla flavoured Absolute Swedish Vodka. I also bring JB and JD but not from MacD.

Both fine on their own of course but, here's the recipe for a fav dribk of mine:

Place a very tall tumbler (don't know what you guys call them), in your freezer for about 15 minutes.

Remove and add a very large single ice cube. Pour over the vodka of your choice, so it fills up - at least halfway!

To finish, garnish with a thimble full of diet lemonade and for my friend Duzey, a brightly coloured and sparkly pink cocktail umbrella.

Take drink and sit on your front porch, balcony, veranda, doorstep or whatever. Get comfortable and take a long slow pull.

Do this until you are really mellow and you'll be amazed at how differantly the world looks as it rushes past.

Cheers! :w:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join