It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why persecute?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Heres something I find very curious. The main persecuted races are muslim and jews (me) and are persecuted by christianity. They all appear to worship the same god just in different ways. Why persecute those in the service of YOUR GOD.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
Heres something I find very curious. The main persecuted races are muslim and jews (me) and are persecuted by christianity.

You're right! After all, there are any number of Moslems in the West, who are regularly beaten up by the police, their mosques burned, their women kidnapped. US forces occupy Mecca, and treat Moslems there with contempt. Meanwhile Christian fanatics blow themselves up in Moslem countries to kill bystanders, while Moslem governments such as Iran fall over awarding special privileges to their Christian minority. How does this come to be?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I can't speak for all christians, but I'm pretty sure that I don't persecute muslims or jews, and I am a christian. I've known a lot of muslims, mostly through school, and I even had one of them tell me that I was "the most tolerant christian" that he had ever met. That kind of suggests to me like maybe this particular muslim had encountered some persecution from christians before, although I hope not. I've never known any jewish people well, but I don't see why I wouldn't treat them like anybody else.

In my home city, I have seen very little hate towards muslim peoples. I've seen a bit of racism towards jews, and a lot towards aboriginals here, though. Racism is inexcusable under any conditions. Your observation that the main persecuted peoples are muslims and jews may or may not be true, I don't know for sure, but definitely different areas persecute different peoples, depending on where you are in the world.

Why persecute those in the service of YOUR GOD?

There is no reason to do so, and I do not understand those who do. It makes no sense to me, personally, which is why I don't do it.

Racism is a form of ignorance. Deny it.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Good, Nice to know others have the same train of thought. Also I'd like to start a movement of this nature but

A.) I'm just unnable to right now

B.) this would further nwo's one religion policy

C.) I'd get assasinated so dang fast

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
First, Muslims do not worship the same God as Christians and Jews.
Secondly, ever thought that those people doing the persecuting are only CALLING themselves Christian?

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Then why do they consider jews and christian "people of the book"

Heloooo... time to brush up on the muslim history there

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Found
First, Muslims do not worship the same God as Christians and Jews.

Yes they do, they even believe in the same prophets. They even believe in Jesus's teachings, they just don't believe he is the begotten son of God.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
same with jews to an extent. Its dumb that they all hate eachother. Not speaking for all of them/us but they have all persecuted or been persecuted by eachother at some time.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
TristanBW9456, consider this, how many times has American mainstream media talked about Isreali Peace groups? They most certainly exist.
Also, "A.) I'm just unnable to right now"--you're doing a great job now!

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
snowflake and tristan:

No, they are not the same God.

Clarification

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well according to this website, Allah is simply the arabic word for God. This site also states that Muslims believe in all the books given to all of Gods prophets and one book it mentions is the Torah. www.islam101.com...

Here is another website that states how Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are three closely related religions. www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why do (some) Christians persecute Jews and Muslims?

One should also ask, Why do (some) Christians persecute other Christians, and people of none of these religions. And why do (some) Muslims persecute? Likewise, (some) Jews.

All three religions, but Christianity and Islam more than Judaism, lend themselves to being interpreted so as to encourage persecution. One does not HAVE to interpret them that way, and there are peaceful and enlightened followers of all three faiths. But those who are inclined to persecute are encouraged by some aspects of all three faiths to do so.

That is what happens when one takes a narrow view of God, and believes God fits under one's hat -- or inside one's doctrine. Even many Christians who do not persecute believe that they have the Truth and that Islam and Judaism are deceptions of the Devil, and hence are evil. And Muslims hold the same opinion about Christians, and while Jews would phrase it differently (there is no Devil per se in Jewish thought), there is a strain of arrogance in Judaism as well, of the same effect.

This arrogance has led to so many murders and tortures over the millennia of monotheism that it surely need come as no surprise that occasionally that sort of thing still happens. It is part and parcel of the disease of dogmatism. And the only cure, is for such religions to get off their theological high horses and recognize that God is beyond human understanding, and no one -- no person, and no religion -- has a privileged claim on Him/Her/It.

Until that understanding becomes universal, religious persecutions will continue wherever the power to engage in them exists.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes there is a jewish devil who goes by the name of satan! same name for both! It is the temptation that drives us to sin. The difference is that we do not use as many metephors

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
Yes there is a jewish devil who goes by the name of satan! same name for both! It is the temptation that drives us to sin. The difference is that we do not use as many metephors

The Satan in the Book of Job, which is the only reference I can recall in the Jewish Bible, is nothing like the Christian Devil, although Christians (of course) think of him as the same entity. He's a kind of divine prosecuting attorney. The name means "adversary," and the same title was used in the law courts to represent a prosecutor (a human one). His job in the story was to put Job to the test, and he and God were collaborating on that one, which is definitely something God and the Christian Devil would never do.

Not sure what you mean by using metaphors. There are a number of differences between Judaism and Christianity. Probably the most important difference is that Jews don't proselytize as aggressively, and you have to really want it badly to convert to Judaism, although it can be done. Whereas Christians seem out to conquer the world and assimilate us all. Jews also don't have a concept of the Trinity, and God in Jewish theology seems a good deal more mystical than the Christian version.

The point, though, was that religions that claim an exclusive possession of the Truth carry the seeds of persecution. If you want to find the reason why (some) Christians persecute, there it is.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
and the christian devil is not meant to test. The difference is the reward at the end.

new topics

top topics

join