It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret base in my own home town??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I live in janesville WI, when i was younger i used to explore the woods quite frequently. I remember going through this real deep woods by the highway then seeing contruction of a building RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE. Well they what seemed like overnight built barb wire fences and antennas and weird sensors and a dirt road leading to this building. I can also google map it as well. I want to know if this building (whcih is unmarked except for a sign saying trespassers will be prosecuted) is the enterance to some underground tunnel system or merly a water utlity plant..or some other utlity building that i and eveyone else is unaware of. After reading some past posts about UFOs in my community and a mysterious gov buliding, i decided to go there today and take some pictures in hopes that you guys could identify this building for me...really it is in the middle of now where, for what seems like no reason, and there are ALOT of ufo reports in this particular area...

please see this link

f3.yahoofs.com...

I will go whatever you guys suggest to find out more info on this, buti could find NO identifiable markers or signs identifing what the hell this thing is. Also there are alot of manhole covers throughout the forest and a ventallation system in the ground behind the gates.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Go to your country building permit / land office and find out who/what ownes the property and pehaps for a small fee you can get the building plans or such

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Post the pictures as soon as you can, if you do get them. Sounds pretty interesting. I wish I had some possible secret installation near/around my home. Would be kind of creepy though; especially out in the woods.

I recall being at my grandmother's house years ago in Connecticut. I was wandering through the woods around her house; the woods are massive, and there was something very similar to your story. A random installation that served no apparent purpose in the middle of nowhere. Even weirder, small cameras poked out of the ground, hidden by rocks and such, all over the place, as if to watch the actions of anyone that came near. I quickly went home as I got scared; I wasn't very old then.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
here is a close up picture of the front of the building..

f3.yahoofs.com...

yeah this building DEFINATELY appears to serve no apprent purpose to me.. It really isnt located near any water at all. There are large generators all around it, and what apprears to be a sewer system at several spots in the forest near the building (manhole covers in the middle of the woods). I've always thought this was bizarre, along with the barbwire, odd lights in the sky, and unusual location. There are sensors on the building itself but i'd personally like to find some cameras in the woods, and had my daughter today and wasnt up to climbing trees and turning over stones. I remember when i was younger it had a noticable (taller than the trees) tower/antenna there that i now no longer see. I know from the pictures it looks like a normal building in the street, however it is definatly deep in the woods. Has a gravel trail now leading to it. Possibly something from the DNR? It definatly feels either city utility or military to me. Wonder what else i could find that would help identify its purpose? Also I will follow the previous posters advice and try to look it up in the records. Thing the struck me the most is also the vent in the ground (behind the fence), sewers/tunnels/ and odd bunker like structure inthe back of the building with weird run offs on the ceiling (well that barbwire, security signs, a massive power generator). It also appears not really to be frequented that often, i got the feeling that "no one is home" from it..

www.nuforc.org...

that is a report i was reading that prompted me to find out more about this supposed "secret installation" if this is even what the poster was reffering to...

[edit on 12-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't see any of the pictures.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah. the links dont work for me either.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Please let me know if the link below works for you. If not i'll find somwhere else to host the pictures. Sorry, I didnt realize these were only viewable to me I assume. Please click the link below

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

this should work too

[edit on 14-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Place has kind of a house look to it but the layout is not that of any kind of house I have ever seen.

I'm wondering if this is an above ground connection to an underground tunnel part of the large tunnel underground base system in the US? I guess that building has other purposes in order to justify its size.

Sometimes they build fake houses to cover large electrical transformers in urban areas but it makes no sense to do that in a remote area?

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
"I'm wondering if this is an above ground connection to an underground tunnel part of the large tunnel underground base system in the US?"

That is EXACTLY what i was thinking... then again i'm intrigued by this topic so my opinion is skewed. Anyone else recognized what this could be? I should have taken pictures of the large transformer/generators(?) on the side of the building. Was thinking about buying one of those deer cameras and watching who comes in..and what..comes out.

I should also mention that all of those windows are either heavily tinted or blacked out... not sure if that is normal for a utility or municipal building.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hmmm..just looking at it, I would say it's nothing extremely out there. And the fact that you can get so close to it tends to make me think it's nothing too huge. When I first saw those pictures, my first thought was "safe house", but to the best of my knowledge, the government likes to have those be a little more obscure with some more security than that.

I would definitely go look up who owns the land and anything else you can find. And when they tell you (IF they tell you), look into whoever it is that "owns" it and see if you can back trace them a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the name on the title is a front.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
thats just the new above/underground walmart theyve been building across the us to make the store more like home

lol

but iether way i dont think they would put a secret building anywhere that assesible to you.

they could just be developing the area, they put a super walmart in the middle of no where, garanteed in a couple years 2-3 they area will be full of stores an buildings

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
"but iether way i dont think they would put a secret building anywhere that assesible to you"

I disagree. I guess it depends on 2 things, how big the secret, and how valuable the thnings inside are. I was hoping this was one of those way stations to the underground tunnel system that supposedly runs across america and has openings in every state and in many many cities/towns (all in theory of course as it has never been proven to exist)

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
that dosent really look like its out in the middle of the woods, and if it is, it looks like a possible forest service building.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I cant get to Wisconsin or I'd do it, it's probablly not a secret installation however it is something abnormal. If I were you Id save some monry up buy about 5 two way radios, Get a crowbar and some friens, a digital camera, a camera, and a camcorder, some wire cutters and go into the place. Bring a cell phone to. If you lose signal on your cell phone you should still be able to communicate with a friend over radios. Organize a way to get in. Setup SOme surveillence of the area before so that you can ge a better understanding and see if the place is being used currently if not Id infiltrate it. For no though Id get the supplies and start staking out there. Get a couple friends together if its i the woods like you say take turns watching the building see if you can catch anymovement inside or if anyone comes or goes. If nothing happens in a week or two go inside and investigate. Breaking and entering is illegal though so Id be discreat about what you do. I recommend you get RATS membership and post in there.

[edit on 14-5-2006 by inspiringyouth]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
actually i was thinking about doing just that. Not stealing anything at all (i dont do that), but i'm curious as hell. Wouldnt you think with all the barb wire and odd survalliece gear around the place that it would be alarmed? I was thinking i could post a few friends in the woods around with walkie talkies and alert me if any police presence. The problem is i'd have to kill them all so they dont talk afterwards!
))

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yeah if anyone is crazy and brave enough i will do it, just need some encourage ment (ie, someone as stupid as me). I can take more pictures and relay any more info for you guys. I'm sure somthing is going on there...

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
nah i dunno about "breaking in" i think the stupid chip on my keyboard was up too high. However i do want to do some more indepth recon/survalliance

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't know about the cost, but aren't there wireless security cams that you could get to watch the place from another location?

I'd probably check the county records office first, and then, depending on that info, set up there and watch it alot. Maybe even at night. See if there are any lights on inside, etc.

I greatly discourage the break in. You don't want to commit a crime! It's not worth jail.

Just my 2 pennies.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
they have these massive street like lights on each side of the building that looks kinda odd at night. I have never really checked the place out at night to see if the windows have any light in them (good idea). Like i said before this section of town and this particular area is know to have alot of ufo activity in the past

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join