It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret base in my own home town??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would suggest finding a remote place get a pellet gun and shoot the lgihts out wait a few days see if they get replaced...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If the place has an address, order some pizza to that addy and check if someone comes out to talk to the delivery guy?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Those are both good ideas!

If the lights get replaced quickly, you'll know it's not left unattended.

If someone comes out to get the pizza, or tell the delivery guy to go away, you will know someone is there.

Don't ya just love a good mystery!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i dunno man, i dont really have any military camaflauge (sp?) training. I really like the pizza idea as it is the most legal of those proposed. Would be awsome to take a picture too of who comes out heheh MIB central! I think the first thing is to go at night (its been really terrible weather here in southern WI lately) and see if any activity is going on. Also maybe turn some stones over and see if they get moved by tires the next day. Anyone want me to take more pictures or is this thread dull? If so of what? I can climb the trees and go for night shots too

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think more pics would be great. Maybe from farther back to show how wooded the area around it is...pics of the sides and back would be good too.

If you check it out at night and see lights get those too!

Have you had a chance to check the local records office about the land owners?

If the weather has been bad enough to reasonably take down tree limbs you could put one accross the drive in, so they'd have to move it to drive through.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If its anything terribly secret, it will be listed as something else, or a private owner to cover the tracks, so I dont know how far that will get you unless they provide contact info.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i just spoke to several other residence here it town about the supposed "base" and they confirmed that yes indeed this was the mysterious base, so i'm on the money with the supposedly odd building in the middle of nowhere. Give me a few more days, i will go back and take alot more pictures both at night and day. At least i'm positive now that this is the supposed mysterious Janesville "base".... as confirmed by two seperate witnesses (who did not go with me)

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
ooo im intreged by this now on first glance it just looks like a house down a long pathway, maybe someone eccentric lives there and doesnt want anyone stealing there money, maybe some sort of saf house, could be alot of things, be good to get more pictures though, maybe side views, views of the back.

definatly something intresting here i think

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I wish I had a secret base near my hometown. Wait...if they are secret maybe I do....hmmm.....I'll have to keep an eye out.

Anyway, can't wait to see more pics.

It's also good to know that others in your area have noticed how this weird building just popped up outta nowhere.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Couple of things...
what does the sign say out front?

and do you ever hear an industrial fan sound from near the building?
the reason i ask, is the extremly large bank of vents in the walls, next to windows (making me think the windows are fake)

Oh, and check your county assessors webpage to see if it lists the owner...
some states have google type overhead views, with an identifier tab, and everything...
(also ATSers, that is a good tool for research hint, hint...)

what type of contruction do you see houses made of in the area? is paneling common? i would think that far north, they would opt for brick, or wood?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Do you know for certain it's owned by the Government? For all you know it could be where someone is manufacturing drugs or has a grow operation going on.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
On the second of the pics, anyone notice the ariel on the outside, you can only see the mast not the actual anyenna though, pity!!

Get some more daytime pics from all sides..

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
I can also google map it as well.

Has that been posted yet? I didn't see it.
Could we get a closest-cross-street or something?
Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Google Placemark

lat=42.6780256726, lon=-88.9889723391

let me know if this works

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Could you go to the public works/town hall to get some information about
the location?

I'm curious as to what it might be. Too much suspense here..

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
screw it i'll do it, but how do i go about describing the address when they ask for it? Just describe the area?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
what does the sign say out front?

Tresspassers will be prosecuted, absolutely ZERO other identifiable markings on the building itself or signs anywhere....

and do you ever hear an industrial fan sound from near the building?

no, but i have not gone there at night

the reason i ask, is the extremly large bank of vents in the walls, next to windows (making me think the windows are fake)

yeah those windows look much more like vents than windows... i absolutely got that impression too in person

Oh, and check your county assessors webpage to see if it lists the owner...
some states have google type overhead views, with an identifier tab, and everything...
(also ATSers, that is a good tool for research hint, hint...)

www.ci.janesville.wi.us...

not sure how i would go about running a search on the property

what type of contruction do you see houses made of in the area? is paneling common?

you know the stones part does look familiar with the style of some of the homes in the area, however the design of the building itself is nothing like anything i have seen in town either government or residential...

Also i talked to a friend of mine who remembers seeing the inital construction years ago, he said somthing about a MASSIVE basement area they were constructing...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
i talked to a friend of mine who remembers seeing the inital construction years ago, he said somthing about a MASSIVE basement area they were constructing...

Hmm. Massive basement. . . Vents. . . in the middle of noplace, with high security. Could be a Grow Op.

/There have been '___' Labs in underground bunkers, grow ops in caves, in abandon beer factories etc.,.

Just sayin' is all.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is this the right building?

Terraserver Link

It might be the Hilltop Pavilion, which is kept locked but you can rent it by the day, or perhaps a vehicle maintainance building or sewer pumping station.

Anyway, the coordinates you gave are smack in the middle of Palmer Park so maybe you should call the Janesville Parks Department and ask them what it is.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i'm pretty positive that is the exact building GOOD WORK MAN! Could be a maintinance building, but this has always raised alot of speculation whenever I bring this topic up with anyone who is familar with those back woods. And to the other poster, this is definatly NOT a house owned by a civilian, or a drug house. As far as i know the land is definatly owned by the city.

Also i know exacltly where the "Hilltop Pavilion" is, and this building is far away from that area and definatly not that building, i'm positive the hiltop pavilion is just for maintinance items for the parks, this is something different (i think). Also did you take a picture of the Pavilion building or the building int he woods behind the other tennis courts...towards the interstate?

[edit on 20-5-2006 by hiii_98]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join