It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret base in my own home town??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
" Janesville, Wisconsin, United States 4/28/1992 "

I'm not sure if the building was there in 1992... after getting my bearings that is the right area however i dont recognize the second road leading out of it... there should only be 1 gavel path leading it it, wide enough for 1 truck. From the picture it looks like there is a way in and a large road out... and there definatly is just trees and woods surrounding the building and only 1 "driveway" in.

maybe that second road is a gully or valley or somthing? I didnt think the building was built around 1992 but i could be wrong, i think you have the coordinates correct.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I found the following image of the building using Windows Live Local:

View from North

View from East

View from South

View from West

Pretty Neat, eh?

Ahhh... the wonders of the Internet.. never ceases to amaze me!

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Xenophobe]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
holy crap!! That is definatly the building in question! THANKS

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hiii_98, Have you decided if your going in or not yet? Please update me through a U2U on your plans. DO NOT talk about your plans on here someone could be monitoring this that could put you in danger...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
hiii_98:
Following Xenophobe's lead
, could you run by here and tell us what that sign (the one at the entrance of the road that leads to the mysterious building) says?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i actually did go to that front entrance area hoping to get a glimpse of what this might be... the sign out front is simply the same as the sign on the fence surrounding the building (keep out violators will be prosecuted). There is also a gate now blocking that path.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i get my daughter again this wensday and would be more than happy to take more pictures in person. Anyone have any particular places of interest i should explore in that area (using virtual earth)?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
Anyone have any particular places of interest i should explore in that area (using virtual earth)?

Personally, I think it'd be much easier to whip off an e-mail to the town planner, or whomever, and just ask them what the building in the park is. Most likely it's just some sort of telephone switching facility or the like.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenophobe
Personally, I think it'd be much easier to whip off an e-mail to the town planner, or whomever, and just ask them what the building in the park is. Most likely it's just some sort of telephone switching facility or the like.

I did, or tried, anyway. the City of Janesville doesn't have an email address on their website; they use a "Contact Us!" style webpage, which is fscked at the moment:

AD Failed.Server was unable to process request. --> Unknown error (0x80005000)Send Email to Emp Failed.The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: addressesEmail to user successfully sent.

so I don't know if it was successfully sent or not. I have been unsuccessful in finding the main email address of the city, assuming it has one, but I'm still looking.

EDIT: just found 3 (!) automatic replies from Janesville in my inbox, so I guess the error message is an error.

EDIT: the email of the PARKS DEPARTMENT is [email protected], which I suppose makes more sense than, say [email protected] (in Wisconson, anyway
).

[edit on 21-5-2006 by rand]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hmmm...sorry to double-post, but...

IT IS AN UNDERGROUND FACILITY, sort of.

According to Janesville Parks Supervisor Cliff Englert, "This building is inside of Palmer Park's Pet Exercise and Training Area. It is Water Utility Well #10 as well as a large underground reservoir. "

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"a large underground reservoir."

ammmm that seems of interest.... and adds strength to my belief that is has something to do with a tunneling system. I'm sure i'm just being way to optimistic but... major props on doing some homework into this and asking questions! Does this seem to be an appropriate answer or does it add another level of mystery to the building?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That does alot of mystery to the building, hii_98.

Oh, btw, I'm new here.

Now this thread interested me and I did some 'searching' and found some interesting stuff about a so-called 'secret base' around Beckley WV. I live in WV.

It's supposedly called the "The Hinton Triangle".

Now being the curious person that I am I'd love to see some pics of this place.

Luminous UFOs hovering over isolated natural gas week, mysterious noises underground, black helicopters flying up and down mountain valleys--these are just some of the strange doings these days in the "coal counties" of southern West Virginia.

You start in Beckley )population 18,000), a city 60 miles (100 kilometers) south of Charleston, the state capital. Then you head due south on U.S. Route 18 to Princeton (population 2,000). Then you head northeast along the old Seneca Trail to Lewisburg (population 3,600) and White Sulphur Springs (population (population 2,700). Then you head due west straight back to Beckley.

And there you have it--the Hinton Triangle.

Living in WV it's pretty dull... but now probably not.

Can someone find some pics, and give me directions to this place? I'm sure dad would drive me out there in his truck and I could take my soon-to-be HP Digi Cam with me and possibly take some pics/videos of helicopters/ufo's/the base for you guys.

And any activity me and him might see.

Any information/pics would be appreciated.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jc2007
It's supposedly called the "The Hinton Triangle".

Tell you what, you should start a new topic about this.

Personally, I think an abandoned mine would make a perfect clandestine base: lots of earthworks already, so the eyes in the sky won't see anything out of the ordinary, lots of heavy machinery left lying around, etc. If you promote it as cleaning-up an environmental disaster, you could do almost anything you wanted, and take decades to do it, all the while keeping the public out at gunpoint because of the "dangerous poisons" left by the evil mine operators.

An old strip mine would be perfect; just build a huge hanger in one of the existing huge holes, throw some dirt on top, and voila: Giant Stealth Blimp Base, one each, type Invisible.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rand "This building is inside of Palmer Park's Pet Exercise and Training Area. It is Water Utility Well #10 as well as a large underground reservoir. "

Hmm... For some reason this conjures up a mental image of a certain scene from the David Lynch movie "Dune", I wonder if they have a deathstill?
Ack! I think I watch too much Sci-Fi.

At any rate, that's some excellent research Rand! Two thumbs WAY UP!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Let us know if you find anything, hii.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i have time this thursday. what exactly should i do? From the satallite photos I have mapped out a pretty good escape route if i was to break in. Pretty pointless now that i am discussing it on this board... but. Like i said i'm super busy, but i'll make time thursday, just let me know what to do, and if someone could send me a reminder [email protected] is my address. Again good work on the email response from the city.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
i have time this thursday. what exactly should i do?

I really hate to sound like I'm belaboring the point, but the guys at the city are mighty proud of their pumping stations and they give tours.

Unless you're absolutely determined to pull off a MacGyver this week, the folks over at the Water Department would probably be thrilled to show you around the facility.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Then maybe you could sneak off and check out that basement-type installment they supposedly put in?

Who knows what they could have down there...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i guess i'll signup for their tour

www.ci.janesville.wi.us...

after seeing that on the city's own website... i doubt this is much of a secret. Sorry to waste anyones time.

I'll call on thursday and see when i can tour the facility and take some photos. Guess the locals just want a mystery where none exist...

Damn boring dinky town here...

[edit on 23-5-2006 by hiii_98]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
the "bray road beast" is about the only intersting phenomina that has occured anywhere near janesville... that and a few UFO sightings...

if you'd like to read about this OFF TOPIC subject here is a link

bray road beast

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join