It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did we really go to the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I really didn’t know if this was the right place to put this but anyway.

Today in history class we watched a video about Nixon’s Watergate scandal, really made me see the truth about Nixon. In the video there was a party were a man, I believe it was John Dean (i could be wrong), in the video Nixon asked him to stay close to the council, he said and I quote "Bull#...I was as close to being in your council now! As a man on the man"

Now we landed on the moon on July 20, 1969, but the "Watergate" scandal spanning from 1972 to 1974. I just thought it was strange that he said that when we went to the moon just a couple years before the scandal

I will ask my teacher for the video and possibly try to post a link or something to it…

[edit on 10-5-2006 by ATSGUY]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

When did the rumours (suggesting the moon landings were a fraud) begin? Was it with the movie 'Capricorn One' ?

Movie 'exposes' always make me suspicious. Movies involve an investment of large amounts of money. They require planning, organisation. And I suspect that anyone (or any movie or tv 'expose') that poses a REAL threat to the ruling elite is eliminated. In other words, no matter how 'controversial' or 'revealing' a movie, book, article or tv show purports to be --- in reality it would never see the light of day UNLESS it satisfied a government/political agenda. And that includes Michael Moore and all the rest of the so-called 'fearless investigative journalists'.

So would Capricorn One have been permitted to proceed beyond its rudimentary planning stage if it ACTUALLY proposed to tell us something the government didn't want us to know?

Since then, conspiracy theorists have repeatedly claimed that the US did not land on the moon, to the point its a conspiracy staple, along with UFOs and 'aliens'.

*IF* the US put a craft and men on the moon, they could --- if they wanted to -- prove it conclusively, once and for all. Have you noticed they haven't provided such proof? Why? Why instead do they ADD to the conspiracy theories? Why do some of the alleged moon-landing astronauts insist the landings took place, while others fan speculation by making ambiguous remarks?

Surely by now, none of us is naive enough to believe that ruling elites allow dangers to themselves to continue breathing. We've repeatedly seen foreign heads of state meet suspicious and improbable deaths. And of course it happens to home-grown politicians etc. so often it barely raises comment. So we don't really believe that someone as 'unimportant' as an elderly astronaut could spout his mouth off and embarrass the government and get away with it. Unless that astronaut was really in line with a government agenda.

So, we can probably be confident that the US government wishes conspiracy theories about the moon-landings to continue. And in order they do, minor government agents probably post in forums just like this, all the time. Why?

Why would the US government encourage people to doubt the veracity of the moon landings? Could it be that they want us to look up at the moon and believe it's just too remote and difficult for us to reach ? Could it be because they want us to believe that there's no hope of mankind ever getting off this planet?

Could it be because our own and 'foreign' governments have actually been very busy on the moon for a very long time --- but they don't want the sheepies to realise that?

It's said (and it's probably correct) that technology is at least 20 years ahead of what is revealed to the sheepies. It's also said that 'puppets' such as world leaders are basically clueless regarding what various organisations within their own governments are up to. Presidents are basically actors installed by those who *actually* do the controlling and deciding. Presidents come and go fairly rapidly, but black budgets and shadow organisations exist in the background all the way through. Presidents are the fall-guys. We are the dumb audience who buy the tickets. Shadowy rulers control mathematical and scientific experts. The mind-controlled and psychopaths run the drugs and war etc. industries which fund the black budgets. It's all nicely organised and everyone plays along as long as they receive their kick-backs or remain afraid of the threats they're under.

Could we put men on the moon? Amost certainly, imo. Did we? Most probably, imo. Are we still ferrying men and stuff to the moon? It's to be strongly suspected, and is to be strongly suspected we have quite a productive little colony up there now, comprising our own and 'foreign' operatives. Do they want us to know this? Obviously not.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
Now we landed on the moon on July 20, 1969, but the "Watergate" scandal spanning from 1972 to 1974. I just thought it was strange that he said that when we went to the moon just a couple years before the scandal.

I'm not quite sure I understand what connection you're making between the two.

Oh, sure, Nixon was a big liar, like most if not all politicians. But the Moon thing was always a Kennedy-Johnson project aimed at keeping all the newly-graduated engineers working, rather than swelling the welfare numbers. A lot of Texas A&M graduates, in particular.

Nixon just happened to be there when we finally got to the Moon, and he did his best to immediately start hacking away at the funding.

Did we really go to the Moon? Sure. Did we accomplish much after we got there? No, not a lot. Then along came disco, and everybody forgot about the Moon. Kennedy was long dead.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
check this site if you still have any debate about whether the US went to the moon:

www.badastronomy.com

EDIT:

better link:

www.badastronomy.com...

[edit on 10-5-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
it wasnt a movie it was documentary on th watergate scandel.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can just imagine the talk in Queen Isabella's court; "was Columbus' trip to the, so called, "New World" faked?"

We've been to the moon. It wasn't faked. This theory has been debunked over and over again; on ATS and elsewhere.

It's would have been easy to keep a faked moon trip secret if only there weren't tens of thousands of engineers, scientists, technicians and analysts around. The problem is that there WERE tens of thousands of engineers, scientists, technicians and analysts around. It's just that simple.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
"Bull.....I was as close to being in your council now! As a man on the man"

Say WHAT?!?

A man on what man?

You may have uncovered more than you thought.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
hey i do belive that we have been to the moon..at times!!

other times i think that we went there just not at the time of the moon landing.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Really good Documentary regarding this topic

Dark Side of the Moon

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
simple answer

no we didnt, until about the late 70s

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
my personal opinion on this is that yes we went to the moon but not when they say they did.
you might find this site intresting to read through on why they think it was faked they have picture and footage of the moon landing
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

this site also pieced together both sides of the argument on this subject
en.wikipedia.org...

this site is a debunking site on the hoax/myth of the moon landing they make some good points, they go through individual questions that were raised about this subject and answer them
www.braeunig.us...

america at the time were under alot of pressure to beat the soviats into space so the race began
www.space.com...

i can see both sides of the argument maybe its just the fact that we find it difficult to comprehend that in the 1960's man went to the moon maybe thats why it seems so unbelievable to alot of people.
i personally dont think we did in the 1960's but thats just my opinion

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There's been plenty of debate about the moon landing.
You can find many of these threads here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Just type in "moon landing" in the search well.

Also, I'm moving this to Space Exploration

jra

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
Really good Documentary regarding this topic

Dark Side of the Moon

Just wanting to make sure, but you do know that's a Mockumentary, as in, it's a joke, it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

ATSGUY: I'm not exactly sure of the point you're trying to make in your original post. Are you trying to say, because of the whole 'Watergate' scandal, there's a chance that the moon landing could have been faked too?

If that is what you are trying to say, then i'd have to disagree. If anything, I feel that the 'Watergate' scandal helps to prove the moon landings. If Nixon couldn't keep his own stuff covered up, how could something as big as the Apollo program be kept secret? There is just no way that could be done.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
no we didnt, until about the late 70s

Right. So THAT explains the reflective plate the astronauts left on the Moon so we could bounce lasers off of it from Earth on Apollo 11.

[edit on 5/16/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Flying to the Moon has nothing to do with any real Spaceflight program. They just went into low Earth orbit and returned with some lunar asteroids which they presented as proof that they went to the Moon. They only sent a robot to the Moon. There were no witnesses on the Moon, none of the people that believe in this have ever been to the Moon, nor will they ever be even come close. Even after 40 years of incredible technological progress they can't do anything vaguely approaching what they claimed to have accomplished at the dawn of the Space Age. The fact that they wasted all their time on the Moon collecting rocks ought to clue you in, since all they had was a pile of rocks, that's all they did when they were pretending to be on the Moon. Now with the advantage of historic hindsight we can see that flying to the Moon is as impossible now as it was 40 years ago as it will be 15 years from now. The real question is whether the believers will ever figure it out, the evidence is quite strong that no they lack that ability because they don't appreciate the real challenges of Spaceflight. If you want to understand why you are where you are today, realizing that the Apollo program was just a TV show is neccessary. If you want to go on telling yourselves how great you are as you crash and burn, no one needs to teach you how to do that, it might be in your own interest to learn to think for yourself because the consequences of blindly believing what the bosses tell you you must believe can be disasterous. That truth lives on today while the Moon program has faded into nothingness because it was all a lie.

jra

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Looter
Flying to the Moon has nothing to do with any real Spaceflight program. They just went into low Earth orbit and returned with some lunar asteroids which they presented as proof that they went to the Moon.

If they were in low Earth Orbit. Tracking stations would have noticed. And how did they get lunar samples then? And don't say they got them from Antartica, because those ones are contaminated and weathered due to entering the atmosphere and sitting on Earth. Also it wasn't until the late 70's when the Japanese determined that Antartica would be a good place to check for meteorites. Also the first lunite wasn't found until 1979, and it was indentified as such by 1982, only because of it's similarities to the Apollo samples.

They only sent a robot to the Moon.

And what did this robot do on the moon that helped the supposed hoax?

Even after 40 years of incredible technological progress they can't do anything vaguely approaching what they claimed to have accomplished at the dawn of the Space Age.

Technologically there is nothing stoping us from going to the moon now nor back in the 60's. It's simply a matter of money. The Apollo program costed $135 billion (2006 dollars). NASA's current budget is about 16 billion and that gets spread around through all the current programs.

The fact that they wasted all their time on the Moon collecting rocks ought to clue you in, since all they had was a pile of rocks, that's all they did when they were pretending to be on the Moon.

If you actually read anything about the Missions, you'd see it was more than just collecting rocks, but they did collect a large nuber yes. Hardly a waste of time though. You must not think highly of geologists at all.

Now with the advantage of historic hindsight we can see that flying to the Moon is as impossible now as it was 40 years ago as it will be 15 years from now.

Who's we? And how is it impossible? Please explain, in detail preferably.

The real question is whether the believers will ever figure it out, the evidence is quite strong that no they lack that ability because they don't appreciate the real challenges of Spaceflight.

The evidence against the moon landings is strong? I find that highly amusing. So do you believe that the nearly half a million engineers and scientsts that were apart of the Apollo program were also fooled? What makes you smarter than all those people? How is it possible to fool the brightest minds of the time, yet not you?

Or do you believe they've all been threated to be quiet? How do you keep half a million people quiet for 30 years? You simply can't really.

All in all you didn't really say anything of substance, just made claims but explained nothing in any amount of detail. I'm sure if you were to actually dig into the details of the space program. Learn how things really worked and how it would have been hard, if not impossible to fake. You shouldn't listen to people like Jack White or Bart Sibrel and blindly accept what those people say.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by jra]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Jeez, one more thread to add to the list of 'pointless and repetitive arguments based on the controversial fact of did we go to the moon or not.' Phah Im sick of em.

My two cents: no, humans never set foot on that satellite. I feel no need to back this claim up. I'm sure the next 50 posters will do that for me, with the next 60 after that countering every point they can. Whew.

new topics

top topics

join