It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's Representation of UFO's??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There has been a show aired on the History Channel I've seen parts of twice now. It is about how UFO's work. It uses Einstein theroies and everything scientific you can imagine to come to conclusions about how they (the alien crafts) function.

What I am finding extremely bizarre is that it is all narrrated in a sense that aliens and UFO's are a given.

Has anyone else seen this show? Does anyone else find it bizarre that to present the information it is done in a way where the narrative seems to take the aliens and their crafts as a given?

Not to mention the fact that this is just one of many shows being aired on the History Channel lately that are not in fact historical at all? (How can a speculative theory on technologies we have not yet mastered be considered history?)

[edit on 5/9/2006 by Relentless]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I believe the history channel airs these sort of shows about UFO's because that is what is given to them. I think the history channel is a sort of disclousre project sponsered by the U.S. gov to introduce what is RLy going on slowly to the people who are interested.
I think the kindof technology they claim to be working on (backwards engineering of a UFO) is a reality and I think it is being revealed.

Theres just not much more to say about it...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That's exactly the only explanation I can see when I sit there with my jaw hanging open.

They are doing this with other topics as well, this is just the one I found the most blatant.

Edit: I'm just not so sure it's a "disclosure" project.

[edit on 5/9/2006 by Relentless]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I watched that show last nite. That was a good rundown of the theories behind ufo propulsion layed out and explained in laymans terms. Disclosure? mmm dunno bout that. If so it is a good way of laying it out for the masses to understand. They touched on the folding space theory but not using folding space as propulsion. Ive seen a theory that states a ship can fold space and fall into it creating no g-effects. continually folding space around them to move. that would eliminate the inertia dampener. Seems plausible to me.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ive seen it numerous time...THANK YOU TIVO!!!....and I totally agree about history channel being a possible quasi Diclosure project....

Whats interesting is that the History channel seems to be mildy pro-ufo's, The Discovery Channel seems to be mildy anti-ufo's and the National Geographic Channel seems to be nuetral for the most part....you should really compare them

There are several other shows on those three channels....Check out UFO files....Conspiracy Theory Files....UFO's(its actually a show on the History Channel), and there are a couple otheres....

Anwyays that show rocked and if you ahvent seen it yet you should give it a shot...if nothing else...its decently done scifi...either way your a winner.

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
well...

i haven't seen the show but i will say this:

i don't think the history channel (well, the makers of that particular show) will spend a great amount of the air time in order to explain the physics behind UFOs in great detail...

people are watching to be entertained and to learn at the same time (well, at least, for the history channel) and they aren't going to watch a show with mainly UFO physics on it...

or, will they

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well here 4 or 5 of us so far that watched it. If you had seen it, you would know that everything they explained, they did in real world comparisons. In fact if someone had never delved into ufo's at all, and watched this show, they would have a pretty good grasp on the just of the mechanics of it, as known by todays understandings.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Well here 4 or 5 of us so far that watched it. If you had seen it, you would know that everything they explained, they did in real world comparisons. In fact if someone had never delved into ufo's at all, and watched this show, they would have a pretty good grasp on the just of the mechanics of it, as known by todays understandings.

really???

that's cool...

new topics

top topics

join