It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old video of UFO playing hide and seek. What could it be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This to me is one of the ONLY UFO videos to come out from Mexico that I can say does not look like a hoax. This video is pretty impressive and was taken in the 1990's. There was not much computer image software to fake this, although I can not be 100% sure. Anyway, it looks very real and am sure that it must be one of the better proof's that UFOs exist.

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what they think, or if they can debunk it like they do to EVERY UFO video that comes to ATS. I would like to see what kind of theories come out from this one.

See video here

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think it's the reflection off some kind of line or tether. Ever see a single strand spider web stretched out in the sun? Well, it doesn't reflect all the way along the strand, but usually in just one, bright, saucer-shaped point. And if the strand or line moves up and down, or changes angle in some way, the reflection point will appear to move backwards and forwards against the background. Fast, too. Like moving a laser pointer along a wall. You can make the dot "move" faster than a bullet along the wall.

See the trick with this video is how white the clouds are. They make it seem like the shiny spot is moving back and forth behind the far clouds, when it's probably really in front of the clouds and a lot closer than you think.

I happen to think that it's probably some kind of thin transparent fishing line or something, either being moved by somebody or blowing in the wind. As a matter of fact, the motion looks a lot like somebody reeling in a fish or a lure.

DEBUNKED!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

DEBUNKED!

Nice try! The object comes out of the clouds and then goes into the clouds, what the hell are you talking about?

Fishing line? Yeah right

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
mexico footage is fantastic....

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Nice try! The object comes out of the clouds and then goes into the clouds, what the hell are you talking about?

Does it? Or does it just look like it? The shiny dot "disappears" against the clouds, but what makes you think it's going behind them? Your expectations? The dot and the clouds are both so bright, it's impossible to tell the difference, and because you believe the dot is behind the clouds, that's what it looks like to you.

I'm telling you, think about some kind of line. Maybe not fishing line. Maybe some long ELF transmitting antenna from an airplane. My guess is fishing line or some other kind of shiny line. If the clouds weren't so bright, or the contrast was a little lower, you could probably see it against the clouds.

Ahem. Debunked.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. But saying DEBUNKED will not do it for me. Also, giving a theory of some bright dot on a fishing line will not do it for me either. The only way that you can actually persuade me to believe that this indeed is a whitish dot hanging from a fishing line is if you can, or if anyone can, catch the frame when the object goes into the clouds and make it black and white or something like that to expose the two objects (clouds and UFO). Maybe then if the proof shows that the UFO is in front of the cloud I could agree that this is DEBUNKED. But then again, it might also be a far away UFO that has flown in front of the clouds. If this is the case then there is no way to debunk it, unless you can expose a fishing line.

Your theory sounds logical, but must be proven to be true before claiming DEBUNKED.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hello

This video is quite well known, and is clearly showing an unknown object playing with the eyewitnesses. Very solid ufo evidence there. Thanks for the post Cabanman.

I have the full version of the footage in higher quality, which by the way sweeps the "explanation" of Enkidu. I'll upload the video when i'm back from work.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hmm.. wiuth objects that could go either way, it seems to be a predominant thought in society that people must 'prove' this to be true, whereas others are allowed to claim it false right off the bat. imo if one should wish to claim it fake they must prove it is fake
everything works in reverse

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
whats the name of the file, the link is to many videos. Can I ask which one youre referring to? Filename?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

imo if one should wish to claim it fake they must prove it is fake

here here. altho Enkidu's idea is clever and reasonable, a line should show up nicely using a Photoshop filter no? especially if it is close.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I found the file name. I would have posted it in the beggining but I could not find the damn thing. Anyway, here it goes

See file here www.areadownload.com...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello

This video is quite well known, and is clearly showing an unknown object playing with the eyewitnesses. Very solid ufo evidence there. Thanks for the post Cabanman.

I have the full version of the footage in higher quality, which by the way sweeps the "explanation" of Enkidu. I'll upload the video when i'm back from work.

Thanks for that Musclor
If you can do that for us that would be great! I remember the video being longer. And if I am not mistaken, I htink that there was another UFO on the lower part aswell. I saw this in a UFO Analysis in a UFO special (i don't remember what special it was).

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't know if its just me but that shadow on the left cloud looks very strange to me. Maybe someone can explain how or what the clouds are projecting a shadow onto? Also, as far as the fishing line thing, if that were true, again, why would the object have the shadow it does?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I know what it is

That's defenetly a USA secret saucer . They were testing the aircraft and the hide and seek ( as the autor of the topic puted it ) game their playing is probably just the US pilot joking around .

He's probably saying : Let's trick those suckers to think were an alien aircraft

After that the saucer probably headed back to Area 51 and later that day the pilot payed a round of beers for the other 2 pilots in the craft .

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here it is : FULL VIDEO FOOTAGE

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I bump the thread as i think this footage should deserve more attention. btw it was taken on July 15, 1992 in Tepozotlan, Mexico. Have a look at the full video link i posted above.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but could a balloon move like that...?

What I'm going for is: say it's not a controlled craft, other objects can move like that? A bird...?

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Phood]

EDIT: Just watched the full video, now I have no idea what it can be...

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Phood]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by claymanthenimrod
I don't know if its just me but that shadow on the left cloud looks very strange to me. Maybe someone can explain how or what the clouds are projecting a shadow onto? Also, as far as the fishing line thing, if that were true, again, why would the object have the shadow it does?

I'd hate to tell you guys this, but claymanthenimrod is right. There's a shadow behind the left cloud. Clouds don't form shadows behind themselves in the sky. This video is obviously fake.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The "Shadow" could be the result of the video itself. The video is old and somethimes the video takes on a certain blurr. Also, the britghtness of the clouds could shed out an optical illusion of "shadows" but this could only be seen in the video, not if one were to look up at the cloud dirrectly.

The UFO on the other hand has no explanation.

Thanx again Musclor for the Full video

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I really hoped for someone to come up with a good DEBUNK for this one, I guess that they just can't, and don't want to even address this video.

Therefore, I say this, UFOs are real and here is legitimate case for you all to see.

Debunkers= 0

Believers= 1

UFOs are real, heres the proof!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join