It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old video of UFO playing hide and seek. What could it be?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That is good video. I have been investigating UFO's and BIGFOOT in the Pacific NW for five years. I see about 13 to 15 units flying together and then around one another. The camera is hard to stay focused on them due to flying into and then away from. Good footage.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
The contrail looks very odd..it stayed behind it even in reverse sometimes. Cool vid tho.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i remember there was a video very similar to this, if its not the same video (only that one showed part of a house rooftop in the bottom right-hand corner).

it apparantly was debunked by proving that the film had been reversed & forwarded a few times to make it appear as though the ufo goes in & out of the clouds. maybe its the same in this case.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by claymanthenimrod
I don't know if its just me but that shadow on the left cloud looks very strange to me.

It's not a shadow, but an artifact of a cheap video camera. The clouds/object are so white, against the darker background, that the image "overshoots"; notice that the "shadows" are directly in line with the horizontal scan lines.

Originally posted by Cabanman
I really hoped for someone to come up with a good DEBUNK for this one, I guess that they just can't, and don't want to even address this video.
Therefore, I say this, UFOs are real and here is legitimate case for you all to see.
UFOs are real, heres the proof!

Sorry, I've been doing some real research, but decided to take a break and look into some of the "better"
UFO videos posted on ATS.

This one is, I think, one of the original "Mexico Orb" videos. That doesn't make it any more legitimate, just older.

It's probably just a bird.

Watch the vid carefully and you'll see the object doesn't go back-and-forth in a straight line: it follows elliptical paths on the screen, indicating that it's actually flying in circles. The apparent motion is just right for a circling object, too. Clouds are a good place to find updrafts, so it probably not playing peek-a-boo, it's just looking for lunch.

Let me check somthing, hang on a sec...yep, they're up and prowling: there's a family of Mississippi Kites in the neigborhood. I can see Papa Kite or Mama Kite circling to the northwest. That means there's updrafts, so maybe we'll have a few clouds later on. Gee, I wish I had cheap video camera handy...;

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rand

It's probably just a bird.

Nop, not a bird. Birds don't fly in reverse.

Clouds are a good place to find updrafts, so it probably not playing peek-a-boo, it's just looking for lunch.

Contrary to the belief that clouds are made up of cotton candy or maybe mashed potatoes, I find no reason why a bird flies into a cloud to get something to eat. No food up there.

It's just a UFO, simple as that. No one will be able to get this one, no one!

Nice try there rand
:

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Nop, not a bird. Birds don't fly in reverse.

???? I hope you're joking. If not, you don't get out much do you?

Birds of prey fly in circles under and around clouds, just like human-made gliders; from the side it may appear that they fly backwards, but they are actually moving forward in a circle.

I find no reason why a bird flies into a cloud to get something to eat. No food up there.

You don't get Animal Planet or watch PBS much, either, I take it.

Raptors and vultures especially will orbit for hours looking for a meal on the ground beneath. I see many birds circling under forming thunderstorms as they blow through here, not only Kites but Redtailed Hawks and others.

Nice try there rand
:

There are several places in the vid where the "object" dies fly straight: during those segments (look around :09 and :20 in the full video) it appears that the "UFO " is flapping it's wings.

But you're right, there are only a few tens of millions of birds in all of Mexico, so it couldn't possibly be one of those things. And yes, I'm laughing.

It's really a shame that so many bad videographers are walking around with such poor video cameras, and its particularly sad that so many gullible people cry "UFO!" when those pathetic videos get published. But like the guy said, you can never underestimate the crowd.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Birds do not fly in reverse and do not eat clouds, I don't need to watch the animal channel to know that. Anyway, that must be the most boring channel on this entire planet.

And for the supposed wings flapping, remember that the video is old, it gives out a few optical illusions such as clouds with "shadows". I say that it is just sudden blurr of the object which appears to be verry bright.

So it's a UFO, and apparently not a bird

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I remember this video from Mexico. It was analyzed in the 90's by the old Sightings tv show crew using state of the art computer equipment and they found that the object was not a balloon, blimp, plane, bird or pelican, lens reflection,
meteorological phenomena etc.

They concluded this was a UFO. I remember this because I have that tv show
and they also analyzed the Nellys Air Force Base UFO footage. Still a mystery.

<< 1   >>

join