It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explaning my anger towards Christians...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Perhaps some of you have noticed that I am very much anti-Christian. I've never really explained why. I will now do so.

I was 15, a Freshman in high school. I left Christianity for Paganism and Wicca. I live in the Southern Baptist capitol of Oklahoma, by the way. The Baptists of the area didn't like my idea much (I actually started thinking for myself!
), so they decided to preach to me. They did so, excessively: at school (both students and teachers. At one point, I was pulled out of my Algebra class by a Bible-thumper teacher so he could preach to me about how worried he is. He even used the words "You think too much when it comes to religion." Fancy that!), at school-sponsored football and basketball games, and even at my house, physically and via telephone, violating my constitutional rights. After about 4 months, I threatene legal action against the school and church, and the harrassment dropped off, for a bit. At one point, however, I was beaten - severely beaten - for being a "satanist".

The near-end of that school year was the most "fun", though. My interest in the military and Communist Russia pissed the Patriot-Christians off yet again. They thought it'd be a good idea to gossip about me, and maybe I'd "see the light", or something. They did such a good job, the police eventually investigated. They searched my locker at school and found "satanic literature" (which, in reality, was a book on the beliefs of Paganism and Wicca. They also searched my house for "guns, bombs, and homemade weapons". They forgot the fact that I live in rural Oklahoma... anybody that doesn't own some gun is a fool. However, I don't keep any guns in my room, which was the one they searched. Both searches were without warrants and, therefore, not legal.

The accusations that prompted this investigation? Owning and maintaining a hit list; planning to assassinate the people in the hit list (duh); planning to bomb and shoot-up the school; planning to steal a plane and do who knows what with it; and performing Satanic rituals (which is not a crime).

This incident has quite literally taken three years of my life from me, based on the immature actions of the members of the Christian faith. For this, I can not and will not forgive these Bible-thumping, intolerant, and disrespectful "sumbitches". Any "anti-Christian" statement I make, I believe I have every right to make. If I piss a Christian off by any words I say here on ATS, then you can keep your declaration of offense to yourself. I have been slandered, abused and offended by you people, and, in my opinion, your beliefs should be illegal to preach or act against another upon. Just my opinion.

At one point, I was quite tolerant of Christians. I even tried to forgive them after this incident. I've now concluded that this will not happen. I will take legal (or physical, depending on my mood) action against any Christian who decides to preach to me at school or school events, or in my home. In the case of the latter, I have a 12 gauge shotgun and ninja ken, and I will use them.

I bid you good day, and I give to you a piece of advice:
Go suck a Bible.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Did you ever think that "their" brand of Chrsitianity isn't the true Christianity? I mean, hell, the picture of Christ they worship isn't even the real Christ! Here is the man that they worship, Cesare Borgias. (God spoke on this in the Bible too.)

www.crimelibrary.com...

Look familiar?

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Christianity is a abusive nature. They will shove a Bible down your throat until you say I believe in Jesus.

Although I do not agree with your practice, I think you did the right thing in fighting Christianity.

And don't stop doing that.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
..Those were called Zealots,if they claim to be baptists they are phony christians anyway,the only christian is simply called a christian,there is no church involved,if there is ( a church) there is somewhere closeby a flock of ignorant sheeples.
If you were to express your hate toward me for something you have no clear understanding of,you would find that you are your own worst enemy.
I don't give a **** if you "think" you have a "right " to hate someone for being of a certain faith anyway.
It makes you look like a fool.
Don't be a punk.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Here Here, Lobo!

Although, I will give those on the ATS boards the benefit of the doubt. We all deserve a chance. But everything else you spoke of, go you, man. I went to Xtian schools for 7 years. Trust me, It's worse than catholic school. I was in the 6th Grade when I decided I had enough of their B.S. I couldn't stand it anymore. And then when I hit up public high school...don't get me started. I am still the best known, least talked about, may my name live in infamy student they have ever had. Ask them, they'll tell ya. Well..Once you piss me off, expect hell, you know? I just couldn't stand the preaching...the constant "you are living a life in sin" comments. I wish I woulda stuffed a bible up their collective arses. Seriously, I feel yer pain, my friend. But don't take it out on Xtian members of ATS. we are all here for the same reasons, and we are always tolerant of each other. At least, we TRY. lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
..Those were called Zealots,if they claim to be baptists they are phony christians anyway,the only christian is simply called a christian,there is no church involved,if there is ( a church) there is somewhere closeby a flock of ignorant sheeples.
If you were to express your hate toward me for something you have no clear understanding of,you would find that you are your own worst enemy.
I don't give a **** if you "think" you have a "right " to hate someone for being of a certain faith anyway.
It makes you look like a fool.
Don't be a punk.

And statements like these are supposed to convince me that Christianity is the right way to go?

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight
we are all here for the same reasons, and we are always tolerant of each other. At least, we TRY. lol.

There are a few Christians I don't mind being around - and they are usually the ones that say "you believe what you want, I'll believe what I want" and leave it at that. Folks like this are relatively few in number, however.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And who said I cared which way you thought you should go?,you make your choices,and it sounds like you made them and broadcasted them everywhere you knew it would offend,like,"look at me I'm a wiccan" in the bible belt.
Unruly Kid.
You are a simple BIGOT.
Simply put.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Christianity is a abusive nature. They will shove a Bible down your throat until you say I believe in Jesus.

Although I do not agree with your practice, I think you did the right thing in fighting Christianity.

And don't stop doing that.

I'm a christian and i agree with you i was handed a bible years ago in high school through some people (Gideons i think) and promptly binned it, which gained me a suspension, which i fought and won.

I'd rather choose for myself, but most religions will slowly spoonfeed their young with the rhetorics.

They're all the same really.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So,if you were mugged by a group of black men,or any other ethnicity for that matter,then you would hate them all,because of what the few did?
Sorry dude,but that is self pitty and complete biggotry.
Get over.You made a choice to be different and buck the system.It don't make it right if they treated you this way but don't blame the whole group for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

broadcasted them everywhere you knew it would offend,like,"look at me I'm a wiccan" in the bible belt.
Unruly Kid.
You are a simple BIGOT.
Simply put.

I broadcasted them? How so? I quit going to church. When asked why, I'd reply "I've given up on Christianity". When asked what I followed, I would say, "Paganism". Yup, I sure got up on a soap box and proclaimed it, didn't I?

It don't make it right if they treated you this way but don't blame the whole group for it.

If I have experienced no other behavior, how am I to know that the whole group doesn't act this way? Like I said, those I have met that don't act in this manner are very, very few.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
...what the holy rollers said to you,if they said it to me,or by what you say about christians.
Work on your attitude,you're the only one who has control over it.
The rest is irrelevant,you can worship a rock if you want to.
Why does something like faith have to screw everything up?.
I don't talk about mine unless someone asks,and usually not even then.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Doubt very seriously that they were true Christians who treated you like that....actually they just wanted you to come over to their way of thinking....I live in the so called Bible Belt....theres a church on every corner...but I'd venture to say they sure dont all act like Christians expect maybe on the days they go to church. But they love to shove the Bible down your throat...and Im a Christian....but thats not my way of servin the Lord.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

...what the holy rollers said to you,if they said it to me,or by what you say about christians.
Work on your attitude,you're the only one who has control over it.

Do I have control over my attitude? Yes, I agree. I'm usually a good person to be around, Christian or not. However, the stupidity based on the Bible-thumpers in my area has caused a bit more anger to rise again. I have to vent, ya know?

The rest is irrelevant,you can worship a rock if you want to.

Actually, I do worship rocks...and trees... and basically, anything provided by nature.

I don't talk about mine unless someone asks,and usually not even then.

Well, good on you.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Doubt very seriously that they were true Christians who treated you like that....actually they just wanted you to come over to their way of thinking....I live in the so called Bible Belt....theres a church on every corner...but I'd venture to say they sure dont all act like Christians expect maybe on the days they go to church. But they love to shove the Bible down your throat...and Im a Christian....but thats not my way of servin the Lord.

And your version of Christian isn't the same as their version, and visa versa.

Personally, I don't think modern Christians are "true" Christians, but I won't get into that right now. Maybe later.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Most of these so called "christians" are more immoral than those they claim to want to save.
These people ,for the most part,don't even know when the holy sabbath they are supposed to observe is.
They don't realise that the holidays they celebrate are mostly roman catholic holidays,which is not a christian religion anyway.
They're #ing their next door neighbor's wife while their wife is at work,and asking God to forgive them for sinning.
Many people who claim to be "religious" are lying.
Sunday is their holy sabbath,but I must point out "wrong day guys".
Ignorance is bliss.
No offense LOBO,you sound like you would be fun to party with,but keep that 12 gauge stowed away.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I don't have any religion other than my own, so I guess I can take a neutral stance and say that Islam is just as bad.

Most religions have their extremists. To brand all Christians as being abusive in nature just shows that you have no tolerance or understanding for any faith other than your own.
And I'm afraid that marks you as ignorant.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
LOBO, while I can somewhat understand the reasons for your position, having been beaten down many times by various groups/people, having been abused (in pretty much every form) by certian sections of society...ultimately the hate you hold is YOUR choice, YOUR hate, YOUR continued grievance...as such YOUR responsibility.

I lived years with great hatred towards my attackers/abusers/abuser...but you know what, that shyte is poison...all it does if continue to give over your power to that person or group. Their power truly ended the moment their abuse/attack ended...anything after that, as hard as it is to understand/accept, is your doing and yours alone. You can shift the blame, you can make excuses...but ultimately it hurts, it hates, because you continue to hold it.

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by alien]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Negative stuff spreads,almost more easily than good stuff.
You have the responsibility to stop it or the cycle continues.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Generally, id agree with Lobo, my experiences once as a Christan surrounded by Christians and the victim of Christian abuses has left a most foul taste in my mouth, especially comparing thier mythology with everything they do. The insanity is crazy. I have seen Christians do everything from death threats, attempted bombing, vandalism, assault and battery, harrassment, ect of other religions. And other peoples. And this isnt just a handful of Christians this is a HUGE contongent of them, as 75% of the Christians I have run into fit this mold.

However, I have met a handful of outstanding ones, and the reason you dont run into them is because they arent out in public ranting and abusing. Once such person was my friend SSG Cox in the army, a really upright guy who didnt judge, was good natured, and felt that living an example of a Christian spoke volumes before condemnations, thumping, and preaching did. His kind are few and far netween. Most Christians you meet are waving thier war tom toms and screaming for the blood of the unbelievers. Even SSG Cox was not a total intolerant prick, when he was in the first gulf war, he made it a point to go out and talk to Muslims to study and learn thier religion without thumping them to hell.

However, Islam is in the same boat as Christianity, Ill agree with leveler on this. Islam condones slavery, religious warfare, amongst other evils. So I wouldnt put it in any special boat. And I do remeber Muslims actively trying to convert US soldiers to Islam, and they had a handful of sucesses, but not many.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join