It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explaning my anger towards Christians...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Lobo, if these false apostles continue to harrass you for believing what you want and choose your own destiny, learn a couple of verses from Proverbs so that you may silence them.

Proverbs 9:7 He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked [man getteth] himself a blot. 8 Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. 9 Give [instruction] to a wise [man], and he will be yet wiser: teach a just [man], and he will increase in learning.

I concider myself a follower of Yeshuah, but when I hear about things like this I get sick. How can they push their false Christendom on you or anyone for that matter. They don't even know what they believe in. If Jesus came around they would probably try and "convert" him too. Something to think about....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Kronos, I am Muslim too, what are you trying to say with that quote? It describes Hell, what happens on the day of Resurection, just like any other religion... *confused*

My experience with extremist christians ( I come from Bosnia) : they destroyed my land, killed 200,000 of my people, mostly civilians, women and children, JUST because they are Muslims ( non-believers in the eyes of christians), the orthodox christian priests blessed the land where muslim blood was spilled, saying it is now Holy Christian Land, clensed from non-believers. I have seen the bottom of human existence, lived through hell for 3 years, members of my family have been killed, tortured in concentration camps, my cousin doesnt speak anymore since she survived a christian rape camp.
Talk about the bad experience with Christians......

This just demonstrates that ALL religions have extremists and although their actions leave far greater impact on society in general, a religion itself should not be judged by them. The basic of every religion is PEACE, what people do with it is something totaly different. They turn it into a tool of ignorance, hate, murder, evil.

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by paperclip]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
And here's another good quote you can use to expose their foolishness: When Jesus sent out the seventy disciples he told them to walk off without carrying anything other than their robes. He told them not to stop and speek to people, but when they came to a house they should knock on the door and say peace be with this house when the owner opened. If he received this blessing, and welcomed them, peace should be over the house, but if he refused, they should simply return the way they came from. He told them to gain followers through helping people. To heal the sick and dine with people and give them the promise that the Kingdom of God has come near. That's all. (Mark 6:7ff, Luke 9 and 10). And in Matthew 10:5ff he says that they should go to the lost sheep of Israel only. They should not go to the gentiles. They should help people and spread the good news that the Kingdom is near for him who believes and baptise people and give them new names, the names which prophess the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matt 28:16ff). That he said that those who chose not to believed would be condemned, he didn't say this in order for his disciples to curse the unbelieving listener, but he said that this would be the result. As simple as that. (Mark 16:15ff) For Jesus says that we should not condemn and judge (Matthew 7, this is probably my greatest problem, I just can't sit with my hands in my lap when I see unrightiousness). That is God's job. Not ours.

A smart thing to do is to reward evil deeds with good deeds. That way evildoers will get a bad conscience.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
My experience with extremist christians ( I come from Bosnia) : they destroyed my land, killed 200,000 of my people, mostly civilians, women and children, JUST because they are Muslims ( non-believers in the eyes of christians), the orthodox christian priests blessed the land where muslim blood was spilled, saying it is now Holy Christian Land, clensed from non-believers.

Sad to hear, my friend. It was a horrible war. I hope you don't think that all Christians are like this. The Christians with hearts and brains all know that Muslims believe in the same God as Jesus did. And we also know that the Koran accepts Jesus, allthough they don't follow the Mosaic tradition which says that a follower of the Law is a son of God.

How are things in Bosnia today. Is the hate still alive and breeding on those who have weak hearts, or have things calmed down a little? Do you think that you one day can get a Christian neighbour who actually loves his neighbour as if he was of his own household, or have all bridges been burnt?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Sad to hear, my friend. It was a horrible war. I hope you don't think that all Christians are like this. The Christians with hearts and brains all know that Muslims believe in the same God as Jesus did. And we also know that the Koran accepts Jesus, allthough they don't follow the Mosaic tradition which says that a follower of the Law is a son of God.

How are things in Bosnia today. Is the hate still alive and breeding on those who have weak hearts, or have things calmed down a little? Do you think that you one day can get a Christian neighbour who actually loves his neighbour as if he was of his own household, or have all bridges been burnt?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Oh no, I dont think all Christians are like the extremist ones, thats why I emphasized the word "extremist". Actually not all christians turned on their neighbours. There were a lot of those who refused to walk the path of violence and have stayed with us in the goverment controled part of Bosnia. Muslims never took revenge for what has been done to them, all churches still stand in our part. The part with majority of Muslim population is a nice place now, there is no religous violence, economy is slowly growing, though we are facing many problems. The part controled by Serbs is still a mess, but things are looking better lately, they have stoped supporting the extremists.

I now live in Austria, a very nice country, friendly, people are open-minded, I dont have any problems here because of my religion. I have friends from almost every single religion on this planet lol, including a Jedi . We all get along just fine. Is actually a cool thing, you get to celebrate Christmas, easter, hanuka, muslim holidays, orthodox christmas, release of Star Wars lol, you name it, I have seen them all

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
there is no reason for me to persuade those who call themselves christians to the "truth" for as you have stated it is relative...
im starting to question weather or not my presence on this board is a worthwhile one...
for it seems that "his" view about this whole battle going on are turning the tide and those who "know" the light are supressed...
this is natural for there will never be peace untill the father returns but i will continue to express the divine truths the father has blessed me with...
and if i am hated for doing such so be it life is beautifull...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Oh no, I dont think all Christians are like the extremist ones, thats why I emphasized the word "extremist".

Yes, sorry I didn't see that part until I had pressed the send button. My mistake.

Good to hear that they have received you decently in Austria. I know a few Bosnians myself, and my mum works with fugitives. She is actually following a course in Islam, Judaism, Mandean and all the other Middle Eastern religions all the way back to Gilgamesh and that stuff. Quite interresting. I asked her if I could borrow her books when she had finished the exam, and she said yes. She is not religious, but she's a reasonable woman who holds many of the virtues our faiths hold close to their hearts. I love my parents, though I'm not always so good at showing it. I'm very lucky.

...I now live in Austria, a very nice country, friendly, people are open-minded, I dont have any problems here because of my religion. I have friends from almost every single religion on this planet lol, including a Jedi . We all get along just fine. Is actually a cool thing, you get to celebrate Christmas, easter, hanuka, muslim holidays, orthodox christmas, release of Star Wars lol, you name it, I have seen them all

Hehe. Those Jedis are really something. Hehe. As a Christian I'm allowed to attend all kinds of celebrations as long as my personal faith can handle it. I doubt I would have attended a Wiccan mass though, but I would feel more at home in a synagogue or a mosq than in a church. All those pictures and statues makes me sick to my stumac. I'm ashamed to be Christian when I enter a church. It makes me angry and sad. How can any Christian be saved when you see our churches. Well enough of that. Good to hear that your life has taken a brighter turn now, and that things are getting better in Joguslavia (I still call your country Jugoslavia, don't know what else to call it). My hope is that one day we may all find peace with eachother through knowledge and love. But it's important that people aren't forced into believing things they don't believe. But I know that Jesus has a plan and that I'll see you in the Kingdom. Great is the Day! Alleluyah!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
there is no reason for me to persuade those who call themselves christians to the "truth" for as you have stated it is relative...
im starting to question weather or not my presence on this board is a worthwhile one...
for it seems that "his" view about this whole battle going on are turning the tide and those who "know" the light are supressed...
this is natural for there will never be peace untill the father returns but i will continue to express the divine truths the father has blessed me with...
and if i am hated for doing such so be it life is beautifull...

Just remember not to start hating people because you feel hated. Hate is the salery of the world. Don't be foolish and get on that roll. It's a bitter fruit it yields. Bless those who hate you. Forgive those who curse you. That's the teaching of Jesus. If we can't understand it, we can always trust him and live by it. The Word is indeed mightier than the sword. It cuts through souls.... May God have mercy!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's a nice (although unrealistic as hell) thought. But if someone says something that really pisses you off, or they perform a violent act against you, you're not going to just stand there and bless them. Therefore, you might as well not even claim that you would. That just makes you a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
an eye for an eye will leave everyone blind...
yet for somereason most are already there with eyes intact...
respect for all that is is all that matters...

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
an eye for an eye will leave everyone blind...
yet for somereason most are already there with eyes intact...
respect for all that is is all that matters...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If any of the "christian haters" here at ATS were living back when they burned christians at stakes, would you partake with matches??? Jesus did say that believers would be killed for his sake. It will hold true till his return. I just dont understand how someone could hate so much. But there have been people like that since the beginning, so I guess I'll never understand.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The thing that bugs me the most about christians is some of them have holier than thou attitudes or they act all high and mighty while in church but as soon as they leave the building they revert back to their normal every day selves. I mean whats the point of going to church in the first place if you go clubbin right after? Something about that doesn't make sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I know exactly what you're saying. They're fake people, just trying to make themselves feel stronger or better. What they don't realize is that it's obvious as hell to anyone who isn't guilt ridden or weak. Also - the most important thing - it doesn't work.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Tas,
Your quote
"The Roman Catholic's are not Christians."

Please don't say this as fact, because it is your opinion, an ignorant one at that. I'm Catholic and I'm Christian. I'm not going to get into this with you here because this is Lobo's thread. All I'm asking you is to get your research and facts straight before you spew out false info.

Lobo,
You once was a practitioner of the Jedi arts correct, doesn't it say some thing that hate would consume you, and that is not good? If you don't keep it in check you'll be worshipping the sand and dust, along with soap bars in your prison cell my friend. There is so much hate in the world my friend, don't contribute to the cesspool. I'm sorry that my Christian brothers did this. I apologise for them as a member of the Body of Christ. Please accept this apology, they had no right to do this at all. Don't take this view on Christians from a few bad apples.

Peace.

[Edited on 10-21-2003 by Cearbhall]

i'm a catholic, have been sent to a catholic boarding school for 2 years', i never really accepted the religion back then, but i now come to realize that it's simply a belief with which to co-exist in society is it's main role.
i agree with Cearbhall, he has made an excellent point as such....

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You once was a practitioner of the Jedi arts correct, doesn't it say some thing that hate would consume you, and that is not good?

I still *am* a Jedi... I'm just not affiliated with Jediism. I'm now a part of the United Jedi Order. I don't really hate Christians - though I do get damn angry with them - I hate what Christianity stands for. That is, violence, killing, intolerance, slavery... in the name of God, no less. I hate the belief, not the believers... I just get real angry with the believers.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by LOBO]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
I don't really hate Christians - though I do get damn angry with them - I hate what Christianity stands for. That is, violence, killing, intolerance, slavery... in the name of God, no less. I hate the belief, not the believers... I just get real angry with the believers.

No...thats what SOME who wear the badge of 'Christian' have chosen it to stand for...thats what YOU have interpreted it to stand for, likely by their actions...I however do not ascribe to that at all.

You may get angry with believers, I get a little dismayed with holding a belief and getting judged for the evil actions of others who may claim to hold that belief.

In the end a belief means little if it is not demonstrated with actions that appear appropriate to that belief. Its cliche, but its true: Actions speak a whole lot louder than words. Judge by actions.

Only wish people would accept/respect/judge people as individuals...without the baggage that comes with any negative impressions others who claim the same 'label' as them may have caused.

Peace,
ALIEN

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join