It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing things in your head...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
When I close my eyes and try to picture something in my head it is obviously a lot less clearer than what i can see with my eyes.

Is there any way to increase the clarity of what we picture in our minds? Is there anyone that has done this? Imagine being able to picture something in your mind so clear that you cannot tell the difference from reality. Hell, I would just sit at home all day in my own little world.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's interesting to note that when you imagine something, and when you actually see that something, the same neurons in your brain seem to fire. This makes it very difficult for a computer to judge whether what you're seeing is real or is fake. In fact, if you work at it, you can train yourself to beat the lie detector - because you trick your own body into believing that something is the truth.

Now, as for improving clarity, try visualizing objects in your mind. For example, a green triangle. Try to put that picture in your mind as clear as possible. It's a simple object, and one with very defined proportions. Try other things. Purple octogons, Red and purple closests, etc.

Then you can visualize anything you want.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have found that the Jose Silva Mind Control Method is an excellent way to improve visualation abilities. There is a step by step instructions to help you. Give it a try.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Better your visualization is just like any other thing you want to become good at. Practice makes perfect. Stick with things like Yaria said, start small first. You don't need anything like Silva to become better at visualization.

HS

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
when I close my eyes and see mental images at the best they are like technicolor movie shots, obviously I am looking through the eyes of a bird or another creature who can see color at its' most magnificent clarity.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just keep practicing.

Picture something in your head and then try to visualize it being clearer and more vibrant. Then imagine that it is turning and changing positions in your head.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I once saw a documentary revolving around memory. I think the test was done over a week, at the start of the week the testers were shown a picture of say a hot air balloon, when asked if they went on one when younger most would say no. At the end of the week they were asked to think harder and hey presto a vivid memory seemed to appear (even though they hadn't been on one). In a way our minds can create memories.

Another interesting factor which I have done afew times (often after a healthy portion of beer!) is when you are sleeping. Often I have vivid sleep patterns, constantly interupted (I think the beer can't help sleep), waking up and sleeping again. During these patterns I seem to have dreams of say what happened that night, what heppened in the morning or even last week. I will then wake and I have to question whether or not particular events occoured. I have woke thinking i'd had a conversation with someone and found out that it was completely fictitious (sp?).

I think memory is an interesting factor as we seem to define our own memories through varid conceptions.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Mental imagery is one of those things that you just have to work at to get. Believe it or not, many people have quite a hard time visualizing anything. There are very few "phtographic memory" kind of people. I have never done the Silvia method, but a combination of visualization and concentration exercises work best I find. Try just looking at something, then close your eyes and try to recreate it in your mind. Open your eyes again to get another look if you need it, and keep doing it. If you try to be more aware in everyday life, it will help as well.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I dont really have trouble picturing things. Its just when i do the image is covered by a "greyness". The only way i can descibe it is as if someone used photoshop toadd a coverlayer, made that layer grey and changed the opacity % a little lower. Will frequent practise remove this? Or am I damned not to have the technicolour visualisations as described above?

HS

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
secret muffin ninja, try sitting somewhere, look at the scenery inside or out, then close your eyes, and imagine the view you just looked at. Also imagine yourself doing some action within that view. That should start to knock out the greyness.

love it
Honor Seed

top topics

join