It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird celebrity baby names

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
you know Gwyneth Paltrow(typo)? she named her kids "apple" and "moses". now who in their sane mind is going to name a kid after a fruit? or a prophet? next thing you know, celebrites will name their babies "Jesus" or "Yahweh". why cant celebrites come up with normal names like craig or brad or dave, you know COMMON names used by people in THIS century? celebrities make me laugh and confused at the same time.

this is a website that all celebrities should read before having children
inch.stormpages.com...

Institute for Naming Children Humanely
What Are We About?

The Institute for Naming Children Humanely is a non-profit organization dedicated to achieving a better society through better names for children.

How Can Better Names Improve Society?

A child's name is the most important label he or she will ever receive. It will stay with the child throughout their whole lives. Parents who choose names poorly create misleading labels for their children. These labels can cause their children to be mocked, stereotyped, or ostracized. Mocked, stereotyped, and ostracized children grow to become demented adults. SUPRIZE!!!

[edit on 24-4-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well that was actually Gwyneth Paltrow who named hers Apple and Moses.

But yeah, I feel it's just their way of further screwing up the child's life ... as if being a celebrity-child isn't enough

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
First off, it was Gwenyth Paltrow that named her kids "Apple" and "Moses", not Celine Dion.

Personally I have no problem with it. There are way to many people naked Jenny and Mike.

Not to mention Jesus is a very common name in Spanish speaking countries, and Mohammed (the name of the prophet) is also a common name. Why not name your kid after someone you greatly look up to or admire?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Why not name your kid after someone you greatly look up to or admire?

lets say you name your kid Jesus. Jesus leads a good life and goes to heaven to meet Jesus. Jesus, meet - Jesus... all of a sudden theres more than one messiah. its not humane, i dont think to name babies Jesus.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
my pal just named his daughter 'Plum'......now that to me is taking the piss big style.

having said that though...i wanted to call my daughter 'Ferrari' before GF when ape and said NO.....she wouldnt go for Porsche, Mercedes, Lamborghini or Aston Martin either......i mean come on......good old fashioned names like that are sure to give a kid a good start in life eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

lets say you name your kid Jesus. Jesus leads a good life and goes to heaven to meet Jesus. Jesus, meet - Jesus... all of a sudden theres more than one messiah. its not humane, i dont think to name babies Jesus.

Like I said, Jesus is a very common name in Spanish speaking cultures. Actually if you think about it, a lot of common names came from the Bible. Say you name your kid Michael, and they die, go to heaven and meet Archangel Michael. Does that mean all of a sudden you have two Archangel Michaels? If that were the case, then we have a few million Archangel Michaels on our hands!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
my point is it is inhumane to name your child something like apple or banana or plum. think of the children! imagine how depressed poor plum will be when he/she realizes he/she is named after a fruit.

how would you like it if in your next life by the time you made sense of the world around you you realize, oh my god my parents named me after a fruit! clearly something is loose in the brain of people who give such awkward names to children. example - apple, go get me an apple from the fridge will you?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It's not good, but by the time most of these kids have grown up they'll probably be more concerned with other things around them than their names. Add to that, they will more than likely be loaded with money, and also have the option of changing their name by deed poll.

It's hardly going to ruin their lives, their parents will do a good enough job of that in most cases. Hey, give me a couple of thousand pound and I'll change my name to Turnip McRaspberry.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What's the difference between naming your kid after a fruit and naming your kid after a flower such as Rose, Daisy, or Violet?

A lot of names at some point were considered weird and abnormal, and are now considered normal.

Also there are kids with normal names who get picked on using their name. If a bully has decided to pick on a kids name, he will pick on a kids name no matter what it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Now who in their sane mind is going to name a kid after a prophet?

Actually a lot of people. Muhammad is the most popular name in the world. The Prophit Muhammad.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Why do the Famous people name their kids with riduculous names? All it will get them, is being made fun of later in life. Do they do it maybe to be Outragous? Maybe someone will name thier kid penis! :shk: haha lol

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think you all need to go and listen to the song "A Boy Named Sue" By Johnny Cash.
I am sure most of you are familiar with it. This boy named Sue became a strong and tough man because he learned to stand up to people who made fun of his name.

Kids get picked on for every reason under the sun. Giving a kid a boring, totally unoriginal name such as Jenny or Mike just because you're afraid they will get picked on if you name them something fresh and original, is just like letting the terrorists win in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well thats your opinion and I have mine, but it just happens that mine is right. HAHA lol JK :shk:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidianKids get picked on for every reason under the sun. Giving a kid a boring, totally unoriginal name such as Jenny or Mike just because you're afraid they will get picked on if you name them something fresh and original, is just like letting the terrorists win in my opinion.

wow so you think if someone names their kid humanely the terrorists win something? that has to be the weirdest thing i ever read. wow.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Like I said, Jesus is a very common name in Spanish speaking cultures. Actually if you think about it, a lot of common names came from the Bible. Say you name your kid Michael, and they die, go to heaven and meet Archangel Michael. Does that mean all of a sudden you have two Archangel Michaels? If that were the case, then we have a few million Archangel Michaels on our hands!

thats where Mr. Lucifer's idea to imprint each one of us came from, so that we could recognise each other. It was actually a good idea but the angels being snobs shouted blasphemy and cast him out of heaven...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No that's not what I'm saying.

If you originally want to give your kid an abnormal name, and then change your mind and give them a normal name just because you don't want them to get picked on, then I feel you're giving into bullies.

If you plan on naming your kid a normal name from the get go then that's fine.

I don't have anything against normal names at all. I'm just saying if you really want to give your kid an original name, then don't be afraid to do so.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
id like to give people looking to name their kids a hint, please, do not name your kid "dick" please! whoever started this trend definatly had a loose screw.

can you imagine if your name was dick and you try to ask this girl out and she asks your name and you say my name is dick!!! god people stop naming children dick please. kids with the name dick are basically bully magnets.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Er, you do realize Dick is just short for Richard.......don't you??

:shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Germans and the French have an interesting way of dealing with this. The German Standesamt (local registry office) maintains a list of permissable names in their 'International Handbook of Given Names'. The French allow their officials to issue complaints concerning inappropriate names for children, then allowing the courts to intervene.

This may seem invasive to those who live outside the European continent, but these are societies that believe in honour, the honour of those too young to defend themselves from the stupidity of their parents.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

id like to give people looking to name their kids a hint, please, do not name your kid "dick" please! whoever started this trend definatly had a loose screw.

can you imagine if your name was dick and you try to ask this girl out and she asks your name and you say my name is dick!!! god people stop naming children dick please. kids with the name dick are basically bully magnets.

I actually agree with you on that one. How did Dick ever become short for Richard anyways?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join