It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

supressed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have been feeling lately like I cant voice any of my oppinions publicly and have to surround myself in lies to be even partially accepted and I consider most of the latest fasions and whatever the hell pop culter to be mostly BS. I cant even act like my own self anywhere aside from here. does anyone else feel this way... especially some of the members closer to my age

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
DENY GROUPTHINK

Try it, it feels good. I don't care what your age group is...simply break loose and be a real human.

I can't describe how freeing it is to realize just how little 'the other people' really care about you. They don't, they care about themselves.

Try it. Go do something different with a completely different group of people. Intentionally put yourself into different environments and situations.

I went back to college at age 41. I'll get my Masters degree early next year. It was, without a doubt, the best thing I ever did for myself. I broke out of the group and became a real individual.

What I am, is not defined by you. Don't let you be defined by them.

NC

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know that everyone says this but the problem is that I tryed this once and I was ridiculed to the point that I had to leave the city to escape it. Do you have any idea how depressing it is to have over 1000 people constantly insulting you as you walk between classes. This is why I wanted someone closer to my age to reply. Someone that can truly relate to me. No offence but 28 years is a pretty large difference in perspective and I'm already insulted and yelled at at home. I'd rather not have to deal with it 24/7... I feel so ungrateful now...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TristanBW9456
Do you have any idea how depressing it is to have over 1000 people constantly insulting you as you walk between classes. This is why I wanted someone closer to my age to reply. Someone that can truly relate to me. No offence but 28 years is a pretty large difference in perspective and I'm already insulted and yelled at at home.

Yeah, I do in fact know. I can relate to your problems because I've been there, done that.

I hate to break this to you, but, you're not unique. What you're experiencing has been shared by millions of people. Its almost a rite of passage.

Its impossible to give you the support you need on an Internet forum. It requires face-to-face communication. Try to find someone you can talk to, don't try to find an answer on this anonymous forum.

28 years is a large difference in age, not perspective. Trust me, me and many others in the 60s and 70s were going through the exact same problems and emotions.

If its any help...I love you just the way you are.

Again, don't let them define you.

NC

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know and that's why I feel ungrateful. Its just so darn hard. I'm not sayying that I suppress all of my views but I have come to almost normally act like them...
It's really depressing to have forgotten who you really are... seems like its to late... (BANG)

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh, O.K....there for a moment I thought you might be a real human.

Turns out...you're just a goof....

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm not a goof I just speak my mind through jokes theres a difference

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Mr. B-36 (haha)

I think you will find that most of the 50K + members feel very much like you do.

Let me take a few wild guess's here.
As you try to show people (sheple) what is going on, you are treated as if you are crazy, dillisional, misinformed, dooped......and blow you off.

Because of what you know and realize, you act and react different from others. They will notice it. Therefor, to live a somewhat normal life, you eat, drink dress and speak what everyone does. It is hard and stressfull, and you must constantly think about it.

Yes it is understandable. Yes you ARE normal (just better informed) and Yes, you pretend it's not true to get on with your life.

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Does anybody know what this thread is about cause I don't know what radical ideas this guys has. maybe we need to ask him what he thinks and who he is saying it to?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
oh damn this thread commpletely got corrupted

new topics

top topics

join