It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the MP-443 Grach Yargin pistol good?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am very into Russian military. So when I read about a new line of Russian army pistols I was excited, mainly because I think the Makarov pistol is a piece of crap that BADLY needs to be replaced. I read very little info about the pistols. Even more frustrating is the fact that I can barely find any pics. The Family of new pistols is MP-443/444/445/446 and a few others. Please, if anyone got pics, post em. If anyone knows anything about the pistols, write it. I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
МР-443 "Грач" (Россия)

УСМ: двойного действия
Калибр: 9х19мм
Вес без патронов: 1 кг
Длина: 198 мм
Длина ствола: 112мм
Емкость магазина: 17 патронов

Пистолет МР-443 создавался по заданию Министерства Обороны РФ в рамках армейского конкурса "Грач" и вышел в нем победителем. Пистолет построен по схеме с коротким ходом ствола, имеет двусторонний предохранитель и защелку магазина. Экстрактор работает также как указатель наличия патрона в патроннике. Ожидается, что этот пистолет будет принят на вооружение Российской Армии вместе с новым боеприпасом отечественной разработки калибра 9х19мм. Кроме того, в нем можно применять любые боеприпасы типа 9х19 Люгер/Парабеллум.

If you can read this Please let me know, because I cannot. I consider myself knowledgable in the field of weaponry, but I had never heard of this firearm. Although I cannot read this text, I see 9x19. That is your standerd 9mm pistol. I HATE that round, it is underpowered, and very weak, but since I do appreciate your knowledge of weapons, i am going to give you a Russian website. I am forewarning you that it is in the Russian language, and I have no clue what they are talking about, but it's got good pictures.

www.pishtov.com...

Best of luck

Ford Farmer

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I also HATE THAT UNDERPOWERED OVERUSED OLD PIECE OF JUNK!!!!!, I do not own one myself, but My history teacher brought one in and it even FELT CRAPPY. Not only that but the ammo is pitiful. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GO BACK TO THE .45.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes, I do speak, read, and write Russian. I am not a proffessional translator, but here is
my translation:

MP-443 Grach (Russia)

USM
ouble action
Caliber: 9x19mm
Weight without ammo: 1kg
Length:198mm
Length of barrel:112mm
Capacity of magazine:17 rounds

The pistol MP-443 was made due to an order by the minister of RF. It is based on Armenian design called Grach............................................The Russian army will adopt the pistol, it can take different rounds that are 9X19X such as luger rounds.

There, I did the best I could. The dots represent the part I couldn't translate. Thanks for the website, by the way, it will come in handy and might raise my military knowledge even higher. I will definatley check it out.

Paka[means goodbye in Russian]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow, that is good to know. I just think it's sad to think that another great country is going to adopt another KRAPPY 9mm. I HATE IT. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE, I HATE IT. .

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
By the way, I just looked at your profile and YOU ARE A TRUE GREAT PERSON WHO IS WILLING TO DIE FOR A NOBLE CAUSE, KEEP THE FIGHT STRONG BROTHEREN

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
That gun sounds very adaptable, but I also hate 9mm's, I think they should go to .45's again, because it takes 1 or 2 rounds to knock down a bad guy, compared to 3 or 4 rounds with a 9mm. Also, could you put up some pictures of the gun, I want to see what it looks like.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The Grach seems to be a better pistol than the makarov.

It seems it can fire rounds well beyond +P so it could probably fire at high velocities, it can also fire a Russian upgraded Parabellum round that is armor-piercing...

Check out Max Popenker's site's mention of the Grach, I love it, I love the way it looks too, I want one!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I wish Russia turned to .45 cartridges, too.www.google.com/images-MP-443 is the only pics I can find. Google MP-443. That's the pistol's name.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm not found of Grach at all.

Makarov is an excellent pistol. Absolutely reliable, small, and in a good round packs bigger punch then 380 SiG 232, all while at more then half the price.

Best ones were maid in East Germany, and those cost around $400.

One of my favorites is HK P7 M8/13. Some people like them, some don't. I love em, they are built like a Swiss watch, just beautiful craftsmanship.

Out mass produced pistols SA XD9 takes the 1st. Previously it was know as IMI Metal HS2000, and back in the day sold for around $250. As soon as Springfield bought the distribution rights though, they jacked up the price to well over $400.

HS2000 combines the best of Glock with the Best of SIG, in IMHO is currently the best mass produced auto loader.

If you like Russian military gear, Gsh-18 might very well be the best military pistol yet. Just barely larger then a mak, holds 18 of +P+ AP rounds, etc. Damn impressive, I want one.

world.guns.ru...

I can't wait 'till I can get my hands on one.

P.S. Beretta's suck, I got one, put about 5K of rounds through it, the aluminum is cracking, and now I can't even sell the damn thing.

No mentioning constant cleaning it requires. You can literally see THROUGH the damn thing, so when firing from prone, it just suck all the dirt like a vacuum cleaner.

Rack the slide, hang it on the catch, and you can see the gap between the slide and the frame right above the the handle, and if looking through the back of the firing pin, you can see right out the barrel.

It was never a military weapon to begin with, but a Police weapon. In the field it's more useful as a paper weight.

Bring back the .45 damn it, I don't even care if it's re chambered for 9mm in a double stack.

For military .45ACP is an obsolete round though. No AP capability, while 9mm APs will zip through a jacket, and a slow/heavy .45s will just slap it around.

It is true that in the modern battlefield there is no more place for the .45, but going with F92 9mm is the worst way to go.

Just like Seals say, "You aint a Seal until you've tasted Italian steel."

Hot rounds tear the slide right of the rails and plant in the shooter face.

The "Brigadier" model with thickened slide walls by the ejector port is supposed to take hot rounds with out tearing the slide of, but the Seals learned their lesson and stick with HK.

edit: u know

[edit on 23-4-2006 by iskander]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I myself have shot the .45 and loved it. although it had, in my opinion too much felt recoil, it was very enjoyable. But the reason my opinion on the .45's recoil may be biased, is because I am only thirteen, and have small hands.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Grach ejects spent cases backwards like the baikal viking?
an annoying small detail that can ruin otherwise perfectly dood weapon.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here
MP-443 Grach (Rook)

Ist's not just like any other 9mm, it's design is not Armenian

the pistol is designed for use with special superpowerful 7Н21 (9x19) cartridge, which can be used only with the MP-44x series, or other pistol made specially for this cartridge (armour-piercing bullet with thermostrengthened steel head core).
Though any Luger/Para 9x19mm or 9mm NATO ammo can be used.
In 2003 added to Russia's armoury.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by LtCol_D]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm glad Russia is taking this pistol to replace the crappy old Makarov. I swear, the Makarov is a piece of crap. The Grach is one of the coolest looking pistols I've ever seen.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The .45 is the king of pistols! I hope the next pistol Russia makes is a .45

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
Wow, that is good to know. I just think it's sad to think that another great country is going to adopt another KRAPPY 9mm. I HATE IT. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE, I HATE IT. .

You guys who say this sort of thing crack me up. How many people did you have to shoot with a 9mm to come to this conclusion?

If you think a .45 shooting the same type of ammo, through the same type of gun, with the same barrel length in 9mm would produce noticeably faster times-to-incapacitation, you're for the most part incorrect.

However... if I was a soldier stuck with plain ol' FMJ ammo, i'd take the .45 over the 9mm any time.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
makarov........reliable but way underpowered wish russia would go to .45

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The 7Н21 cardridge should be an excellent choice for self-defensive purposes, if only they could make a pistol chambered in 9x39mm, well, actually...there IS this!

it fires a 7.62x63 round and it's completely silent.

It's a Derringer type pistol and can only fire 2 rounds.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinrock

Originally posted by Ford Farmer

You guys who say this sort of thing crack me up. How many people did you have to shoot with a 9mm to come to this conclusion?

SEALS seem to do just fine with the 9mm. In the right hand it will do the job, a nice double tap to the chest and a follow up to the head is often standard practice. I have fired 9mm many times but I think I would personally prefer the FN Five-seveN 5.7x28mm round (AP of course) which slices through normal body armour.

But Im no SEAL
Though I have been seeing a trend which looks like the pros may be planing to move away from the 9mm used in MP-5s and such as body armour is becoming used so much more. Your seeing all these new guns MP-7 FN90 etc.. which are going with smaller higher velocity AP rounds.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I can't wait for them to make a civilian legal version of the MP-443 available in the United States, I really like the looks of it.

I am looking for a 9mm gun anyway for target practice since my .40cal is eating away at my money faster than 9mm would.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join