It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the MP-443 Grach Yargin pistol good?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I can't wait for them to make a civilian legal version of the MP-443 available in the United States, I really like the looks of it.

I am looking for a 9mm gun anyway for target practice since my .40cal is eating away at my money faster than 9mm would.

there already is - it's MP-446 'Viking' - the commercial version of MP-443 'Grach', whith is a for-Russian-officers-only version

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have a Keltec sub-2000 rifle and it's fun to shoot and is pretty neat looking, but it is sooo damn expensive, I usually take that and my dad's Glock 23. last time i went i spent fifty bucks and got only enough ammo for a couple of hours on the range. I am thinking about getting a glock 17 or trying to find a glock 18. but the 18 is an unlikely find, and i cant get a liscense.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Russian soldier

You are off on your translation...it was not based on a Armenian design. What that sentence says is that it was built as part of a army contest which was ordered by the Ministry of Defense of Russian Federation. MP-443 or Grach, which translates into Rook, was the winner. All the other stuff is not that important, until you get to the part that says that it will be adopted by the Russian armed forces together with a Russian variant of a 9x19mm round. The Russian version is a overpressured version of the 9 mm Luger Parabellum (280 MPa (40,611 psi)) or "9mm NATO, 7N21, which generates significantly more pressure than standard NATO 9mm ammunition, thus providing significantly higher kinetic power to the bullets (600 J relative to 450 J for the standard Luger). The weapon can also use standard 9mm NATO or 9mm Parabellum cartridges. The 7N21 features an armour-piercing bullet with a tempered steel core."
The stuff in quotation marks is a quote from Wiki.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Any word on the Gsh-18's intro into the Russian Army? It carries 18 rounds of armor piercing 9mm, which I find decent compared to already proven Makarov

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
I also HATE THAT UNDERPOWERED OVERUSED OLD PIECE OF JUNK!!!!!, I do not own one myself, but My history teacher brought one in and it even FELT CRAPPY. Not only that but the ammo is pitiful. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GO BACK TO THE .45.

Oh, just wait til you get your hands on a Jiminez Arms "J.A. 9".
THEN you will know the TRUE MEANING of crappy!
Crap-tastic. But, Liberals seem to #ing HATE them.
Like, even more than Liberals hate Tec-9s or Norinco-AKs!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ill just stick to my Springfield Armory .45 k thx!

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The XD line?

I have the XD 9 and love the thing!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

1911-A1 Mil Spec.

I was thinking about purchasing something from the XD line in the future. How's it working out?

[edit on 3-9-2009 by DaMod]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join