It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing v Airbus; latest scores

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zibi

The 737's typical cruising speed is 848 kph. That means that it flies 8 kph faster than the A319 and that it flies 20 kph faster than the A321.

As Lonestar says, who cares?

The main delays are airport related, not the couple of minutes difference such a minute speed differential will result in.

Now, if the 737 burned 2.5 % more fuel than the A321, I'll bet you the airlines would be thinking twice about purchasing one. Or if the maintenance costs and sheduling were worse. These are the things that influence their decisions, not 20 kph speed "advantages".

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Latest news on the Airbus-Boeing front is that China is getting ready to become a major hub for the A380. a $80m programme is being launched at Beijing to create new hangars capable of accomodating two A380's, two 747-400's and two 777-300ER's at the same time for line maintenance. Executive Director of Support Hans Seeger says that the only modification to the hangar design needed for the A380 is to increase the height of the hangar doors by 0.3m.

Although Air China has not yet revealed whether it intends to buy the A380 Seeger says Beijing will be a major hub for the type with all operators and so this is what they are getting ready for.

In a separate story Qatar Airways, having successfully persuaded Airbus to rethink its A350, is now saying that they will re-evaluate the 787 because of the delay that the re-design will cause to the Airbus project. Qatar Airways currently flies an all Airbus fleet and is currently the biggest customer for the A350 with 60 on order.

Given that they were one of the major forces behind persuading Airbus to rethink the plane one wonders just what Airbus were supposed to do?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Given that they were one of the major forces behind persuading Airbus to rethink the plane one wonders just what Airbus were supposed to do?

- It's called playing both ends against the middle Waynos.

Quatar think they can only win doing this and maybe - this time - they're right.

But, I can't see how it's any kind of way to secure anything long-term myself, but such are todays 'markets', short-termism is endemic and any thought to the longer term seems to have a lower priority.
Which, given the long-term nature of the business and the expected long duration of aircraft in service/maintenance etc etc, seems pretty crazy to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm an Airbus fan so I'm here to end the discussion. I've not seen in this topic just 1 GOOD reason why
Boeing Would be better. btw Airbus has more orders than boeing the last years so that argument is
past. Second the A380 idd had some delays but the B787 had that too. Third the reasons you all say
aren't good arguments. If you think you have a good argument you can send it to me. But be sure its
a good one and not one of the others.

Beside why are you Boeing fans waste you're time with writhing these discussions?
What do you want to achieve with?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Yann320

You're not ending it, yours is the first post for about five years.

I don't think I've got the strength to go through it all again. Besides, since the 787 delays (which the A350 is now beginning to experience as well) the outlook from the Boeing camp may well be different from when we were having this discussion in the past.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hehe, still funny to see this thread again. Great times it were with ElTiante and Zibi^^.

Sad that SminkeyPinkey and Zaphod stopped posting here...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join