It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$6.00 a gallon, when?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I took some oil prices from the ACL site and tried to convert the min and max price in $ / Us Gallon. Hope I did no mistake.
(1 euro = 1.23$, and 1 US gallon = 3,785 litres). Correct me if I am wrong.
As you see some pay more than 6$ per gallon.

(www.acl.lu...)

Country..........98 oct..........95 oct........Diese.................$/US gallon
Germany.........1,366€.......1,293€........1,118€................6.35$
Austria............1,116€.......1,069€........1,010€
Belgium...........1,352€........1,338€.......1,087€
Danmark..........1,391€.......1,352€........1,196€
Spain...............1,142€........1,031€.......0,960€
France.............1,273€........1,237€........1,082€
UK....................1,377€........1,291€........1,353€
Italy.................1,258€........1,166€
Luxembourg.....1,160€........1,136€........0,954€
Norvay.............1,450€.........1,374€........1,261€............6,75 $
Netherland.......1,502€.........1,448€.......1,097€.............7,00 $
Switzerland.......1,063€........1,032€.........1,089€............4,95 $

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes, alot of countries in Europe and Asia already do pay well over $6.00 a gallon. Its a sad , sad world there....

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Maybe try this: If any oil fails to get out of the Strait of Hormuz as a result of geo-political instability for more than about a week..
That'll start the spiral. Don't think 6 bucks - think 12 bucks. Think profiteering. Think "gas jackings". Think people dying of thirst on the road - stranded and fuel-less. Think people shootin' people cuz promised fuel doesn't arrive. Think stock market-berserko. And the price of jet fuel? Astro-freakin'-nomical. You could experience $6.00 regular this fall even without major disruption. Global reserves are there but it'd be like giving a opiate-junkie one Tylenol 3. Drop in the bucket.
Even with global production maxed-out and running smoothly and new sources coming on line I don't see any natural resource becoming significantly cheaper or even holding a steady price for any meaningful length of time in this century.
It'll take some serious "techno-magic" and societal behaviour changes to just feed ourselves this centiry - let alone support the current iteration of the "auto-culture".
The whole deal'll need a refit both conceptually and logistically in the scope of something like "The Manhattan Project" or perhaps even an "Alternative1/2/3" style project to allow any sort of "order-of-magnitude" leap forward. We're too far along to have incremental improvements make enough of a difference. On our current "vehicle" the "ashtray" is almost full - 'time to buy a new one.

Victor K

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfyxxx

I can help you ship diesel VW, the are left hand, and here in Belgium where I live we have excellent automobile prices.

Only 1 countrey is allmost completely independent, and that is Brazil, we should felicit them, and it is at their advantage.

when you say left hand. do you mean you drive on the left or the steering wheel is on the left side?

brazil may not import oil but they are using a poor source for their ethanol.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I will tell you my conspiracy about oil,

Oil is profitable, but the countries that have it are not the very reliable, while produces of oil control the prices of exporting the oil the Oil barons in the US control the refining of that oil.

The conspiracy is very clear US is a very technological advance country ( Asia following behind) alternative fuel would have been already developed and we should be independent from the oil producing countries.

But why we are not?

Is very simple the only reason our country is still one of the few countries that pay less on gas is because keeping the gas low ensure that will not be enough complain to force alternative oil technology.

How much will you be willing to pay as a consumer for gas?

3.00, 4.00,.5.00 or 6.00 dollars?

What sum will be too much for everyday Joe’s pocket?

Oil barons will push their gas prices on and off to see how far will the consumer in the US will go before screaming for alternative oil and force the politicians in our country to do something about it, while braking record profits every year.

Why Saudi and other countries that sell oil to the US are more than willing to do what the US said when it comes to oil prices?

Because if the don’t they know pretty well that an alternative will come over night and their power over the crude will go back under the sands where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have to agree with you that this country is to dependent on the middle east for oil. But, as you can see, with the was in Iraq and a possible future war with Iran, it seems like the United States wants the control over the oil, but yet still the oil prices keep going up. And, the US has connections with OPEC. I dont think the US politicians are as innocent as they are portrayed in the media.

As for alternative fuel, that just simply not be possible at the moment.

Here is something I found on the Internet, from a Site called exit Mundi:

Hydrogen, then?
Little chance.

Hydrogen is indeed a cheap, clean energy source. But there's a catch: you can't find it anywhere in nature. You will have to make it first, by splitting up water (H2O) into hydrogen (H2) and oxygen (O2). And that costs you... yes, energy.

Next, you will have to compress your hydrogen into a high-pressure tank, in order to carry it around. Those tanks are heavy, and the compressing costs you even more energy. So in the end, you're better off using common fuel. Hydrogen costs you more energy than it will save you.

So, we'd go back to good old nuclear energy, right?

Score.
Nuclear power plants offer a limitless, steady and very reliable energy source. Ok, the downside is that every now and then, nuclear power plants tend to go kaboom, like they did in Harrisburg and Chernobyl. And then, there's the waste: radioactive mud, not to be touched for several hundreds of years. No one really knows where to put that. But perhaps, we're going to have to take problems like these for granted.

www.exitmundi.nl...

5aret

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Actually a gas station only makes part of its operating costs from inside sales. If for example, a gallon of gas goes for about 3.05 per gallon, the station only makes about 4 cents on the gallon. Where the station makes money on gas is in volume. Not just insides sales. And I think I know a bit, as I do manager a convience station that sells gas, and insides sales only cover part of the costs.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
FOr school had had to do a large paper and I did it on ethanol. I think that if we just had ethanol to all of your gas we put in your cars we can buy some more time to find a way to take care of your oil problem.
Ethanol is made from matter like corn and ford has made may cars that can take E85 with uses 85% ethanol and 15% gas. Not all car can take this kind but all cars can take E10 with is 10% ethanol and 90% gas.
It may not sound like much but it can reduse your gas prices in a great way.
Until we have more places that put ethanol in there gas we will have a higher and higher price until people get wise or until we run out.
You are probley right that is about 5 years the gas price will be $6.00.
And if this does happen I do not know what my family is going to do becuase it is almost $50.00 now for us to fill up our car.

apc

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The loss in mileage and performance outweighs the gains from even a 10% blend. Save a few pennies at the pump, but have to fill up again sooner.

For ethanol to work well in IC motors, the motor must be properly tuned to ONLY run ethanol. Otherwise, avoid it like the plague.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Study: Ethanol Production Consumes Six Units Of Energy To Produce Just One

I found this article with a quick search. It's a short, easy read, cites a reputable source and also points out an opposing viewpoint (look at the very bottom of the article).

I've read quite a bit about ethanol production from reputable sources over the years and decided that I'm not ready to accept it as the 'cure' to fossil fuel woes that some (corn growers are one example) are trying to say it is.

Do some Google searches for yourself and make up your own minds...don't take it for granted just because it sounds so good at first glance.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaryn
Study: Ethanol Production Consumes Six Units Of Energy To Produce Just One

I found this article with a quick search. It's a short, easy read, cites a reputable source and also points out an opposing viewpoint (look at the very bottom of the article).

I've read quite a bit about ethanol production from reputable sources over the years and decided that I'm not ready to accept it as the 'cure' to fossil fuel woes that some (corn growers are one example) are trying to say it is.

Do some Google searches for yourself and make up your own minds...don't take it for granted just because it sounds so good at first glance.

this may be true for corn or sugarcane ethanol, but ethanol made from waste sugar found in a pulp mill's spent pulp liquer will not come close to that b/c you are using a waste product and waste heat to distill it. a material that you are recovering from waste.

do a little research on "puget sound pulp and timber" history and you will find that the dod back during wwii built the alcohol plant to recover the surgar and produce ethanol for the war. after the war the company bought the plant and it made a profit every year untill the pulp mill, where it got its waste surgar, closed in 2001.

screw the corn and cane ethanol. lets start recovering surgar we currently throw away. this is surgar that currently is paid for in the pulping process and is essentially free. requires no extra land and no extra energy to produce it.

write your congressman and ask them to learn from history on the alcohol plant that used to be in bellingham washington

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
All i know is that the price of gas here in south phoenix(chandler,gilbert,mesa area) is like $3.15. I saw on the news a bit ago the gas price is .85 from the previous year and that its gone up 20 cents in the past month. Bit scary

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i say that gas is going to hit 6.00$ a gallon in about 1 year..
gas now in michigan is about 3.25$ a gallon and with all this war in the middle east
there going to keep raising the prices and we sell out oil for less then them i dont see why we dont use our own..?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmguyx23

i say that gas is going to hit 6.00$ a gallon in about 1 year..
gas now in michigan is about 3.25$ a gallon and with all this war in the middle east
there going to keep raising the prices and we sell out oil for less then them i dont see why we dont use our own..?

Thumbing through some older posts to see what predictions were around for gas prices and I found this one under Peak Oil.

Thankfully we are not at the $6.00 a gallon yet as of April 2008 but normally gas prices start shooting up in the middle of May but yet this year it started at the beginning of April, from $2.95 average to $3.35-$3.56 per gallon. I'm going to estimate that we hit 4 bucks before Memorial Day 2008 this year. I'm hoping not, I'm hoping our Elected Officials will do something about this, however with the election close at hand and GW not able to run again, I bet prices will continue to fly high to help those poor oil companies feed their families.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Except Michigan will prob hit 5 bucks by Memorial / July 4th this year especially if you shop at, MidJim Convience Store off of Skunk Rd.... Source

We also have a massive price gouger here on the front range of Co. He usually charges about 50 Cents more per gallon than the going rate, unless you are a trucker, then you get a whole dollar increase per gallon. It amazes me that people will stop at this place, however I've seen a massive decline with cars at their pumps over the past 3-5 years... it's amazing these places stay in business, and it's even more amazing our Elected Prez doesn't care.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
. . .$6.00 a gallon - you say 2011 - - - WAKE UP - try 2008 - - -
$4.00 a gallon today in Austin, Texas - -
I'm dying here -
T

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 5aret

Let me explain something to you perhaps you did not know ; The recent acceleration in " We're Running Out Of Oil " talk is nothing more than a control mechanism that has been put in place in order to elicit fear.I know quite a few people in the industry,and there is oil out there.Those in power just want to drive a point home.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a petrol station in devon u.k has put its price up to £1.99 a litre or just over £9 a gallon or $18 ! it is official the world has gone mad!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join