It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the United States as superpower, how far is it away?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

or would you say Revelations is purely apocryphal?

I would say Revelation is open to interpretation. Your example's show how opinion's can be changed, given new information.

I’m told America is the most Christian nation in the industrialized world. What do you think is God’s message to make America the most religious on the one hand, then scare you into thinking Armageddon is at hand?

I think God's message to Christian's is contained in Rev 18-4. However, not all that go by the title Christian are actual believer's. Not fearful though, didn't mean to give that impression.

The Christian Children’s Fund says around the world, 27,000 children die every day due to malnourishment - starving to death - which comes to 295,000,000 dead children since Roe. It is said starving to death is one of the more painful ways to die, but I have not asked Saddam about that. What, if anything, Ear, should we religious Americans do about those children?

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying it would have been better to abort these children? As far as what we should do, I think Christian Children's Fund is an example of what is being done. The problem being of course getting the material's past the corrupt leader's of those countrie's who cause the situation in the first place.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

The CC Fund says 295,000,000 children have died since Roe. What should we religious Americans do about those children?

“ . . Are you saying it would have been better to abort these children? The problem being of course getting the material's past the corrupt leader's of those countries’ which cause the situation in the first place.
[Edited by Don W]

No, Ear, I’m not equating abortions to starvation. Like you, I find both disagreeable. (I do insist on the woman's choice.) I am in a quandary, however, because perhaps the most potent threat to the human’s future is over population. We are now 6.5 billion people living on a planet that cannot sustain more than 2 billion people over the long haul. Malthus was right, he was just wrong on the time for it to happen.

But on that issue, let’s do what we humans often do on the major issues we face, let’s ignore that. I did not support the action against Iraq but I would support replacing any and every government that kept its own children from being fed. And I’d haul the leaders off to The Hague for trial on inhumane treatment of its own citizens. We could fix this one fairly easily. If we had the will and leadership.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
In other words when the first baby boomers hit 65yrs old and start expecting their social security checks to be in their mailbox at the first of every month. They're the largest voting block and also demographically the one that is most likely to vote. So they're pretty much going to elect whoever they want.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
While we are a young country we also have the current lognest standing form of government on the planet right now.
Just one question...wasn't constitutional monarchy the longest standing form of government??

A diverse population base. This is another key, rather than weaken the pot each group adds thier strengths to the population as a whole.

My second question...historically I know major parts of the US are a tad...xenophobic would be the word? Particularly against minorities (which now compose a big chunk of the US population)

say France will recognize parts of it as thier own and accept it as a whole.
Well...the little incident of the french fries(liberty fries, now that made me laugh)and the consequent french xenophobia throught the US speaks a bit otherwise... but it was only an example, so I won't dwell to much in that, but I have strong doubts wether the world really relates a lot to the US...

AN integrated global economy. While not fully, if you collapse the US, then alot of the rest of the world goes with it as well.
Yep, I agree with that many countries would suffer a backlash from that happening...though the next question would be...who would rise in the US place??

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join