It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Russia secretly exporting advanced military technology to Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

An Israeli missile expert said on March 31 the missiles shown on Iranian television reported to be capable of evading radar did not the match the description, which he said sounded like Russian Iskander-E missiles.

Iranian state television said the country’s armed forces successfully test fired a domestically-produced missile which can evade radar, a development analysts said could be worrying for Western forces in the Gulf.

"The description does not match the picture," Uzi Rubin, an Israeli missile expert and former director of Israel’s Arrow missile defense program, told Reuters from Tel Aviv. "They could be bluffing."

www.defensenews.com...

[edit on 13-4-2006 by gattaca]

mod edit:

Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 14-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Russia selling Iran advanced missiles? Sounds strange. I know Russia used to be Iraq's friend, but I don't know about it being Iran's. But with Russia's economy, Russia could probably do anything. I hope Russia won't do anything bad. Maybe Iran created their own cool missile. I've been hearing about Iran making all kinds of cool stuff lately.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Really possible because Russia is a friend of Iran. They give them a lot of things, including a modern anti-aircraft system, sub-marine, missiles and planes and Iran, with their ingeneers improves them.

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Even when Russia might be a friend of Iran, they wouldn't give such advanced weaponry just like that, to a country which is very incapable of keeping secrets, if this was true it would be known already, and the US would be making a rattle about it...wouldn't they? it's not the cold war anymore, Russia might be weakened, but I doubt they'd give such weapons as a gift, I think it is a bluff, after all Iran IS on the spotlight and will say anything to not be attacked, though I doubt this will scare the U.S off...it didn't scare them back in the 91 that Iraq had a very "capable" air defense system...which was overpassed by stealth...just a humble opinion

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
In order to put some sense behind these claims we must see what Russia sells to its other more 'regular/old' customers. Namely China and India.
That would give a good indication to what Russia is willing to part with. From past expereience, it has been observed that Russia has been willing to sell its top notch stuff to these countries and soviet satellite states.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
read an online report that IRAN may have obtained examples of the very capable KH-55(AS-15) via the UKRAINE between 99 and 01

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Oh they're not bluffing.

China is oil hungry, and Iran is one of its main future oil contractors.

What Iranians showed was a Chinese/Turkey developed B611 tactical SAS ballistic missile, which it self is a striped down Russian SS26 Iskander, a development of the Oka SS-23 Spider which was scrapped do to INF treaty.

Arms by proxy, same old story, and the SS26 is a one mean jack of all trades type of SOB.

It's not a lumbering SCUD, it is a serious threat, and its not to be take lightly.

Dealing with those suckers will not be easy even in their "plane jane" versions, and if one goes out it will drop where its supposed to, so getting them before deployment is mandatory.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Alot of these weapons that Iran has been showing off where recived by Iran many years ago in the late/mid 90's and thats why they have there own versions becuase they have been manufacturing them themselves from the versions they recived. they most likely recived these from china becuase china pretty much has some stuff similar to Russia but chinese weapons are said to be much cheeper.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think that The Russians and the Chinese but through N. Korea I believe are supplying advancent tech as well as our own friends France to a lesser degree. However Neither want a Nuke fallout in their backyard. So Im sure they are retaining some of the Fail safe controls.IMO. Now will be the time to watch for Iran exporting these weapons for use on US interests and the States.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by VType]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
an online probe suggested that BELARUS would act as a middle man for MOSCOW for exporting its vast advance military weapons systems and technologies

in JANUARY a "high level" political and military delegation from TEHRAN paid a "low key visit to MINSK.

in 05 MINSK negotiated to purchase the latest and most advance version of the S-300SP missile system from the KREMLIN

a contract for an "unspecified number" was singed between the two and the delivery was to take place later that year or in early 06.

BELARUS would then transfer the S-300SP on the behave of the KREMLIN to TEHRAN to help the embattled regime bolster its defenses against "possible" US or ISRAELi strikes against its "vital" nuclear installation.

by doing so this would allow MOSCOW to stay "clean" and would give the KREMLIN the cover of "plausible deniability" once the transfer is made.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Russia has always been a secretive and calculative country, and I wouldn't be suprised if they were working behind the scenes with Iran and even North Korea. Russia and China have finiancial interests in Iran and are not in a hurry for the USA to launch a nuclear strike at all...but the question is will russia and/or china jump to Iran's aid if the States drop a nuke?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
To me russia is the one who's sitting in the corner keeping an eye on everything that's going on in the world and just plotting till the right moment when they can reclaim the class of world superpower. And iran has some kind of part to play. It seems to me that most of the technology that iran has been getting is under the table and low key. Here's an article that i found interesting that ties in with this pretty well.

Germany 'breaks Iran supply ring'

Although it doesn't have to do w/ weaponry specifically it does mke you wonder what exactlly is going on

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by armageddonbeliever
Russia has always been a secretive and calculative country, and I wouldn't be suprised if they were working behind the scenes with Iran and even North Korea. Russia and China have finiancial interests in Iran and are not in a hurry for the USA to launch a nuclear strike at all...but the question is will russia and/or china jump to Iran's aid if the States drop a nuke?

If the US nukes Iran pre-emptively then don't worry ONLY about Russia and China. The US will then need to worry about a MAJOR international backlash from every corner of the Globe. I really don't understand how 'nuking Iran' is being talked about sooo causually on ATS.. It would really be a very serious issue if that were to happen.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAWNMOWERMAN
an online probe suggested that BELARUS would act as a middle man for MOSCOW for exporting its vast advance military weapons systems and technologies

in JANUARY a "high level" political and military delegation from TEHRAN paid a "low key visit to MINSK.

in 05 MINSK negotiated to purchase the latest and most advance version of the S-300SP missile system from the KREMLIN

a contract for an "unspecified number" was singed between the two and the delivery was to take place later that year or in early 06.

BELARUS would then transfer the S-300SP on the behave of the KREMLIN to TEHRAN to help the embattled regime bolster its defenses against "possible" US or ISRAELi strikes against its "vital" nuclear installation.

by doing so this would allow MOSCOW to stay "clean" and would give the KREMLIN the cover of "plausible deniability" once the transfer is made.
yikes sounds quite deadly i hear they're selling the S400,cruise missiles, and some nukes to Iran. Besides that's an S300V aka SA 12 not the S300P series.

[edit on 15-4-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I belivie without a dobut. russia is desperate for money and iran is despreate for weapons. since the cold war russia has been selling all its weapons for cheep. you can actully PURCHASE a private atomic sumbmarine from the russians. (

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Indeed the concept may sound strange. However its very important to remember that behind closed doors, governments still do buisness. Russia could very well be making very good money by doing this, as any country could be. Sharing of military technology is done between allies, and between enemys. It is often more over a matter of how much money is on the line. As a famous Mafia boss had once said "everybody has a price".

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ligeia
you can actully PURCHASE a private atomic sumbmarine from the russians. (

Preposterous!!!!

I just love using that word!! That and some cpt. Haddock gibbersh..

Anyways, can you quote a source for this?Its a pretty serious claim!

top topics

join