It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS!!! CNN claims Victory, Lou Dobbs says the U.S. has lost the war and...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
if the 04 Elections were held today Kerry would win!!!

Too bad Lou, you are living in the year 2006 and usually in the U.S. we have elections for the executive branch every four years. Just becuse the polls say and the majority of Americans feel the war is not going well does not mean it is time to leave. Hopefully they will get on with their elections in the next few weeks and things will start to return to normal.

Lou Dobbs, the money man is now becoming a Network General. If that's the case we need to get Lou Dobbs into something like this...

www.80smusiclyrics.com...

Any opinions appreciated!

[edit on 13-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Do you have a link for this story?

What about "If the elections were held today" is difficult to understand?

Of course, I'm not sure what you're talking about without a link...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you have a link for this story?

What about "If the elections were held today" is difficult to understand?

Of course, I'm not sure what you're talking about without a link...

Lou Dobbs put out a what if scenario for his croud tonight and that was, What if the 04 Elections were today?

So far the results are Kerry 56%
Bush 46%

This Poll I believe was a Lou Dobbs Tonight not a CNN Poll

www.cnn.com...

There is a link to Lou Dobbs CNN Site it's not on the site only on tv, so far.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What if Lou Dobbs asked a simple poll about himself?

1 ) WHO WATCHES MY SHOW?

a) NOBODY
b) NOBODY WITHOUT A BRAIN INFECTION?
c) SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS NOBODY?
d) A POLE?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
if the 04 Elections were held today Kerry would win!!!

That's the CNN audience for ya'.

Don't forget, CNN caters to the radical left so I'm rather
surprised that 'only' 56% of the CNN viewers who are
voting on this poll would vote for Kerry. Considering
that only the left watches CNN, those are dismal numbers
for Kerry.

I'm more concerned with your headline - CNN claims victory
in that America has lost the war. First off, we haven't lost
the war. But more importantly - CNN is now siding with
the murderous insurgents and wants America to lose?

They consider it a victory if America loses? Is that your
headline or something that you have heard on CNN?
If it's a direct CNN quote or an impression about how
they are reporting - that we lost so that's a victory -
then that's just more proof that they cater to the radical
left and it's no wonder no one watches them anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Don't forget, CNN caters to the radical left so I'm rather
surprised that 'only' 56% of the CNN viewers who are
voting on this poll would vote for Kerry. Considering
that only the left watches CNN, those are dismal numbers
for Kerry.

Celler, that's hilarious.

Maybe the headline is a little too flashy, get's the point across though

Lou Dobbs was once again implying that we are losing the war in Iraq. He was using his declarative tone and although there weren't any headlines it was definately implied that we are losing and that we should of never of gone in.

Lou Dobbs had strange glow about him, it was as if the Bush Popularity Poll and the Poll about the Iraqi war were reflecting with radiant light off his Pasty White Complexion. Ahhh, Yes my friends, today was a good day for Lou Dobbs Tonight.

As said earlier in this poll, too bad I was the only one watching

Support our Troops!!!!

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wait a minute Flyers, a little hypocritical aren't you? On one poll all you have to say is "Its rigged!!!!!!!! Dems rigged it, its fixed, they put it on the internet so no republican can vote on it!!!! Polls are evil!"

But here... "Oh how sad, look at them, this poll proves Bush was put into power by a higher being because there isn't a landslide victory for Kerry."

So, which is it? All Polls are fixed by the democrats or they aren't?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS
Wait a minute Flyers, a little hypocritical aren't you? On one poll all you have to say is "Its rigged!!!!!!!! Dems rigged it, its fixed, they put it on the internet so no republican can vote on it!!!! Polls are evil!"

But here... "Oh how sad, look at them, this poll proves Bush was put into power by a higher being because there isn't a landslide victory for Kerry."

So, which is it? All Polls are fixed by the democrats or they aren't?

Let's keep this post on target, this post is about CNN and how they would much rather see the US lose the war with Iraq than they would like to see them win.

CNN has a vested interest in seeing to it that the U.S. loses their war with Iraq because that is about the only thing that might possibly give them the moral high ground with regards to terrorism as well as it justifies their broadcasting for the last 3 years of its coverage.

CNN could care less about the Troops and their families, the American Public and the Iraqi People. Although CNN, does take time to remember each fallen soldier they never choose, with the exception of when the ENTIRE COUNTRY OF IRAQ HAVE AN ELECTION, to broadcast stories about the possitive aspects of the war and the progress we are making.

CNN has two goals, these goals they have had since the build-up to the Iraq War.

1. Get on top of FOX NEWS however possible in the ratings, examples are as follows; Sabotage the War, Bush Administration,

2. Get Hillary elected in '08?

This is typical of liberals, however not every liberal is against the U.S. winning the war in Iraq. I would like to call this a liberal syndrome suffered by many predominant Democratic leaders and the people that vote for them such as Hilary Clinton, Harry Reid, Al Gore, and the likes who much rather see the U.S. and its administration be humiliated in War then to come out victorious.

Although they will never declare this in public it is obvious by the way they skate around the issue of the #1 issue with Americans, the War on Terror.

If anyone disagrees I would love to hear why.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
This is typical of liberals, however not every liberal is against the U.S. winning the war in Iraq. I would like to call this a liberal syndrome suffered by many predominant Democratic leaders and the people that vote for them such as Hilary Clinton, Harry Reid, Al Gore, and the likes who much rather see the U.S. and its administration be humiliated in War then to come out victorious.

Although they will never declare this in public it is obvious by the way they skate around the issue of the #1 issue with Americans, the War on Terror.

If anyone disagrees I would love to hear why.

OK, I'll bite. Firstly, you do realize don't you that we're only in Iraq because Bush lied to the American public. There never were any WMD's and Hussein was not out to get us - his weapons were too old and he actually warned us about the terrorists.
So why would anyone in their right mind still be supporting the war in Iraq?
And what's with the liberal bashing and demonizing? You've gotten sucked in by the media, who have made the word liberal a dirty word.

And CNN catering to the radical left? THat's funny, there's not one MSM news that caters to anyone on the left. They are more factual than FOX, who is outright far rightwing and doesn't give accurate news. Just because CNN has more accurate reporting doesn't mean it's catering to anyone, much less the left.

We are not making progress in Iraq, the infrastructure is still in shreds, worse than when Hussein was there, 75% of the soldiers don't know why they're there and want to come home, the generals are rebelling, there is no war strategy and the vast majority of the people say they were better off under Hussein. There was less violence, more jobs and people at least had electricity, garbage pickup, and clean water. You call this progress? Why, just because BushCo says it? Haven't you learned by now that Bushand his minions are giant liars?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe the problem is that 50 percent of the country, the parts that didn't vote for Bush, never trusted him and never gave him a chance. That compounded with the fact that the great majority of the media is liberal they were rooting for its demise from the start. Journalists lusted after finding reports of Americans dead. Watching Aaron Brown smirk on CNN when telling the rest of the US about 4 dead US soldiers is not my idea of unbiased coverage, it's sickening.

O and just because a poll says something doesnt make it true!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
yeah, the sad thing about the left is that they dont seem to care about the well being of America. They will report every single death a dozen times over just to attempt to get people to want to back out and leave...making it look like the US lost the war...wich would then make people hate Bush, and hence getting the left wing back in power in a couple years.

They never seem to look at the bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
OK, I'll bite. Firstly, you do realize don't you that we're only in Iraq because Bush lied to the American public. There never were any WMD's and Hussein was not out to get us - his weapons were too old and he actually warned us about the terrorists.

Can you post a credible link to the Sadaam warned us about terrorists? Just curious to read it. BTW, we dont need to be warned...terrorist are nothing new.
And Yes, there was WMD in Iraq...Nukes? probably not...but chem & bio, yep.

forestlady
So why would anyone in their right mind still be supporting the war in Iraq?

You dont seem to be getting it...
I'm a republican, I voted for Bush, And supported the War with Iraq because I believed the faulty Intel...One thing we definitely need more of (I'm talking to You CIA) is spies on the ground in these countries. anywho, If I could rewind time a few years knowing what I know now (that Sadaam never had nukes, and that his military was basically still in shambles from the gulf war) I would not have supported the war.

But I cant do that. So that fact is, we are in Iraq, and things in Iraq are getting better...But you sure wouldn't know it if you read the NY Times or Washington times & post. We cant just leave Iraq how it is now...Its not stable enough to run on its own, it would turn into a terrorist harboring country...much like the Taliban in afghan was.

forestlady
And CNN catering to the radical left? That's funny, there's not one MSM news that caters to anyone on the left. They are more factual than FOX, who is outright far rightwing and doesn't give accurate news. Just because CNN has more accurate reporting doesn't mean it's catering to anyone, much less the left.

I wouldn't say CNN is "radical left", But yes, they news is left oriented. Much in the Same way that FOX is right oriented.
Whats MSM news?

forestlady
We are not making progress in Iraq, the infrastructure is still in shreds, worse than when Hussein was there, 75% of the soldiers don't know why they're there and want to come home, the generals are rebelling, there is no war strategy and the vast majority of the people say they were better off under Hussein. There was less violence, more jobs and people at least had electricity, garbage pickup, and clean water. You call this progress?

yes we are.
The Infrastructure continues to get better, electricity is still touchy in some areas, but the large majority have electricity during the day.
The average Iraqian thinks its getting better...and they dont think it was better under sadaams control.
And that 75% number is ludicrous. Show me a link to prove that outlandish claim.
War strategy? Its not like a traditional war. The strategy is simple...but harder to implement. And that is to create a Iraqi government, and iraqi military and police...and in a couple years they should be strong enough to continue fighting the insurgents once the US leaves. Whether that takes 1 year, or 5, we need to stay there until they are a well trained military & police, and there government has a solid foundation.
oh...and less violence under Hussein???I think somebody forgot about all the mass graves...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't think the person who said CNN caters to the "radical left" would recognize a real radical leftist if he got bit by one.

Be that as it may -- as for "wanting to lose" in Iraq, I can only speak for myself. Do I want the U.S. to "win" in Iraq? Sure I do. I also want Bill Gates to look me up and fork over half his accumulated wealth to me out of the goodness of his heart. And I wouldn't mind having a wild threesome with Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones, either.

But the reality is this. There are two reasonable definitions of "winning" in Iraq. One of them is, successfully ousting Saddam Hussein and occupying the country. The other is, creating a stable, U.S.-friendly government that will last once we bring our troops home.

By the first definition, we've already won. By the second, I see about as much chance of us winning as I do of Mr. Gates splitting his wealth with me. We can avoid losing as long as we're willing to keep our troops there and keep having them killed. But I don't see any way that we can win.

And the sooner the country picks up on that and brings our boys home, the fewer of them will die for a lost and meaningless cause.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And it dosn't really matter if more poeple would vote for kerry if the election was today cause this country is run by the electoral college so doesn't really matter how the people vote.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Hey hey hey......I watch the very dignified Wolf, (never smiles) and Dobbs.
Its a nice break from Fox and their beating of the drums....Who wants to hear war drums all day long?
Not me.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Two Steps Forward
Be that as it may -- as for "wanting to lose" in Iraq, I can only speak for myself. Do I want the U.S. to "win" in Iraq? Sure I do. I also want Bill Gates to look me up and fork over half his accumulated wealth to me out of the goodness of his heart. And I wouldn't mind having a wild threesome with Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones, either.

Can you do me a favor?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join