It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Military disgusted with Rumsfeld

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by shots
But I did have the pleasure of denying your ignorance on the subject.

Naaah - It was my Pleasure.

This one is just for You:

you guys should start another grassroots effort to get Rumsfeld impeached since the effort to get the pres impeached is going so well.

If only a democrat knew how to create a foreign policy withuot looking at the polls.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here Souljah this may help your ignorance once again.

Originally posted by parrhesia
^ Please don't post those sorts of images.

As you have hopefully noticed, ATSNN is a place of higher discussion standards, that goes for language, discussion and images.

Images like that serve to distract or trivialize and are best left on other parts of the board.

ATSNN

Twice in one day, I have denied your ignorance, now that I really enjoyed. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This one is just for You:

Best Cartoons of the Day - Page 3

cagle.msnbc.com...
Steve Sack, Minnesota, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune

ahh. again must I add, where would the liberals be if they didn't have photoshop. Without photoshop their national and international agendas disappear, too bad you liberals are so good at looking at pictures.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
ahh. again must I add, where would the liberals be if they didn't have photoshop. Without photoshop their national and international agendas disappear, too bad you liberals are so good at looking at pictures.

I bet you just love when certain Prophets are involved in Cartoons, right?

That makes it Fine and Dandy.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Political Satire through Comic strips is great but that doesn't mean the Democrats should of fired the rest of their political advisors(the ones who can't draw)?

Where are these people(dems' policy makers) and why can't they come up with a better agenda than, I think,... he should be fired, no,... wait,... him.

Shouldn't you expect a bit more from your party(dems)

What I'm trying to tell you is you shouldn't rely on the words of wisdom rapped up inside of a stick of gum sure it seems witty at the time but it's NO ARGUMENT TO STAND ON.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Shouldn't you expect a bit more from your party(dems)

I do not belong to any Democratic Party.

What I'm trying to tell you is you shouldn't rely on the words of wisdom rapped up inside of a stick of gum sure it seems witty at the time but it's NO ARGUMENT TO STAND ON.

No argument to stand on?

Six generals, who have served in Iraq, speaking against Rumsfeld are No argument for you?

Well apparently you also share the opinion that Rummy is doing "Good" work for Peace, Democracy and Stability in the Middle East.

Awesome Job in Iraq! No, really! Great work!

And lets not forget the Rendition Flights and Personal Authorizations for Torture techniques of so-called "Terrorist Detainees".

Yep - also Excellent Job there!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well apparently you also share the opinion that Rummy is doing "Good" work for Peace, Democracy and Stability in the Middle East.

Awesome Job in Iraq! No, really! Great work!

I agree with you Rumsfeld is doing a great job. He needs to keep it up for a few more years.
Unfortunatly progress is time consuming. For example someone like you probably won't become republican over night, however with hard work and good choices you too can vote republican!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I agree with you Rumsfeld is doing a great job. He needs to keep it up for a few more years.

Yeah - Amazing guy isn't He?

I hope he stays in his place Forever!

Unfortunatly progress is time consuming. For example someone like you probably won't become republican over night, however with hard work and good choices you too can vote republican!

NEWFLASH:

I am not an American.

Where I live there is no Republican party.

So, not even with hard work and good choices I couldn't vote Republican.

df1

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
I've been a poster for for a month, give or take. I've decided that I'm going to do my best not to get in ANY debates with seekerof. He'll win almost all of them. I can't stand his posts... but it's because he gets under my skin by cleverly and intelligently discussing the issues, not name-calling or insults.

Just lovely, now you show up playing colmes opposite SeekerOf's hannity. And you actually expect me to take anything either of you say seriously. Our clown prince of "faux patriotism", SeekerOf, has yet to refute any criticism made by the generals. IMHO he types a lot and uses big words, but in the end he does nothing by evade and distort.

Perhaps you are easily impressed by drivel, but I am not.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
But he is damn good at it. Admit it.

I hate the fact that I can't crack the guys shell. I will admit when I am bested. I would love to debate in person, that way he can't edit his own ignorance. A keyboard amplifies his ability to run circles around his opposition, as it does everyone elses.

I still refuse to believe that he actually practices what he has been preaching. I won't say he is being paid, but it sure seems like there is more than meets the eye.

I still wouldn't retract my WATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
How about "Retired Generals disgusted with Rumsfeld"?
How about "Ex-Military Officers disgusted with Rumsfeld"?
How about "Former Commanders disgusted with Rumsfeld"?

The "Military" disgusted?
Umm no.
Misleading and incorrect.
This article does not concern the US military, it concerns retired and ex-military officers speaking out.

boy we got some nit pickers here! Yes siree Bob. Got ta argue ever lil thang no matter how insignificant. Don't matter dat retired Generals still be military for da duration of der lives.

Well, i am CURRENT military- and disgusted. Does that count for you? This is a perfect example what damage bean counters can do to what USED be a great military. We on the decline folks and this ain't helpin. (anyone watching China?)

This moron is attmepting to do away with military retirements or at least post pone collecting on them until 65. Here is a clue most military do not live so very long after retiring to be able to collect it. Why? Well golly gee Mr Ed, Military life be stressful and just doing the initial 20 is worth every lil penney they get upon retiring- which is purty much what it is worth => a penny. Ol Rummy here is going to have a real swell pension.

Most Military retired don't live very high class. Heck most active enlisted folks on the front lines still take welfare. Lose a leg you might get your self 1/4 disability pension- of course that is 1/4 of your retirement pay in most cases which happens to be darn near 1/4 of your pre-retirement take home. Any one good at math? looks to be about (let me get my toes out- carry da piggy) 1/16th

- oh yeah and any one been to a VA hospital lately where you would be gettign your treatments?? There is a joy that make waiting in an Emergency room all day and night highly prefered. He be wanting to cut that too.

This moron is also cutting another 40,000 troops from the Air Force alone- and we got , (HELLO??). two wars going on and only 300,000 now. I guess he loves failure. The work i am doing now is expected to be what 10 men did when i first came in the service- is the quality the same? No sireeee, sumptins gotta give! Do ya think it adds to the stress? Do ya think the constant deployments are helping folks marriages? Do ya think that being sort manpower and shortly motivated and over worked might cost some of us our lives- for his bleepen ego? He is treasonous to set us up this way- hence the Generals opinion(s) of him.

This moron thinks that the military is overpaid! Did ya read da part about da welfare- food stamps ain't the way to go for the folks bleeden for ya. but this bumpkin don't mind al dat. He got him one of those BIG paychecks- an he ain't dodgin no bullets either-"let the peons do dat"he says.

Disgusted? - you betya. Hog tie da bastard and get me some tar an feathers. Time for this boy and da big eared fellow to be run outta town.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by launchpad

How about "Retired Generals disgusted with Rumsfeld"?
How about "Ex-Military Officers disgusted with Rumsfeld"?
How about "Former Commanders disgusted with Rumsfeld"?

The "Military" disgusted?
Umm no.
Misleading and incorrect.
This article does not concern the US military, it concerns retired and ex-military officers speaking out.

boy we got some nit pickers here! Yes siree Bob. Got ta argue ever lil thang no matter how insignificant. Don't matter dat retired Generals still be military for da duration of der lives.

Well, i am CURRENT military- and disgusted. Does that count for you? This is a perfect example what damage bean counters can do to what USED be a great military. We on the decline folks and this ain't helpin. (anyone watching China?)

This moron is attmepting to do away with military retirements or at least post pone collecting on them until 65. Here is a clue most military do not live so very long after retiring to be able to collect it. Why? Well golly gee Mr Ed, Military life be stressful and just doing the initial 20 is worth every lil penney they get upon retiring- which is purty much what it is worth => a penny. Ol Rummy here is going to have a real swell pension.

Most Military retired don't live very high class. Heck most active enlisted folks on the front lines still take welfare. Lose a leg you might get your self 1/4 disability pension- of course that is 1/4 of your retirement pay in most cases which happens to be darn near 1/4 of your pre-retirement take home. Any one good at math? looks to be about (let me get my toes out- carry da piggy) 1/16th

- oh yeah and any one been to a VA hospital lately where you would be gettign your treatments?? There is a joy that make waiting in an Emergency room all day and night highly prefered. He be wanting to cut that too.

This moron is also cutting another 40,000 troops from the Air Force alone- and we got , (HELLO??). two wars going on and only 300,000 now. I guess he loves failure. The work i am doing now is expected to be what 10 men did when i first came in the service- is the quality the same? No sireeee, sumptins gotta give! Do ya think it adds to the stress? Do ya think the constant deployments are helping folks marriages? Do ya think that being sort manpower and shortly motivated and over worked might cost some of us our lives- for his bleepen ego? He is treasonous to set us up this way- hence the Generals opinion(s) of him.

This moron thinks that the military is overpaid! Did ya read da part about da welfare- food stamps ain't the way to go for the folks bleeden for ya. but this bumpkin don't mind al dat. He got him one of those BIG paychecks- an he ain't dodgin no bullets either-"let the peons do dat"he says.

Disgusted? - you betya. Hog tie da bastard and get me some tar an feathers. Time for this boy and da big eared fellow to be run outta town.

Is this the same way many of your friends within the military are feeling what would you say is the percentage that agrees with ousting Rumsfeld and what percentage agrees to keep Rumsfeld.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
All this flattery and sucking up has got to stop. You people are making me sick with all this bowing and scraping to get at each other's Republicaness and to do what, one can only imagine. You Republicans act like you're all high and mighty and above all the base instincts and behavior, but more often than not, we all find out you are up to all kinds of debauchery and illegal activities and most of it is the weird and kinky variety. More often than not, I think Republicans are just plain jealous of Democrats because we are so much sexier than you are.

As I said before, you can't run the US government and the US military like would you run Merck Pharmaceuticals. It's not the same thing. One can only imagine all the rear-ends Rumsfeld kissed and all the knives he plunged into the backs of so-called friends to get where he got in low-life corporate America. All that experience created the arrogant inept fool you see today who is willing to risk the lives of Americans to get some more OIL for the stockholders of big oil.

Bush and all of his cabal are corporate hacks (Bush made it on name alone) that have installed themselves in the White House through election fraud and deceit and have ruined our economy with the largest deficit in our nation's history, left us exposed to dangers of all sorts like nuclear attack as well as no support when natural disasters strike and these disasters will occur more frequently now that our environment is ruined because we are still addicted to oil which Bush and his rich bastard buddies are profiteering from as we speak with barrel oil topping the charts. They have gone in and attacked a soverign country, Iraq, in a land they are only interested in because it is oil-rich, the have stirred up a hornet's nest of radical Islamics that are raising babies that will grow up hoping to kill Americans, and the have generally thumbed their noses at women, children, elderly, disabled, wounded veterans, minorities (except for Mexicans because they work real cheap), and things have never looked worse for America.

All Bush can offer is more lame platitudes and slogans that donkey-brain Americans swallow hook, line, and sinker. God, you people are idiots! God have mercy on America!

I think Bush and all his bastard cohorts should be charged with treason, election fraud, war crimes, and other offenses and thrown in prison. I hope I've made myself perfectly clear.

[edit on 4/19/2006 by highhorse313]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Is this the same way many of your friends within the military are feeling what would you say is the percentage that agrees with ousting Rumsfeld and what percentage agrees to keep Rumsfeld.

Yes actually I really think it is how most feel. See you can't just lay into your boss at work. I could get into real trouble laying into him here in a quazy anonymous site. But every time it becomes more and more apparent this moron is behind all the cut backs in benefits and the road block to pay increases- oh yeah lynch mob maybe forming.

Like the original poster mentioned- no matter which president they got out of the service under - ( To the brilliant scholar who came up with that one please consider a general, any general, has been in the service for not less than 4 presidents) it takes a whole heck of a lot of caca before a general officer is going to be that frank about his/her boss.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, i am CURRENT military- and disgusted. Does that count for you?

Sure it counts, but having said that, are you of the rank that MSNBC, CNN, ABC, the Today Show want to talk with you concerning how you feel about Rummy?

This is a perfect example what damage bean counters can do to what USED be a great military.

Are you referring to me, being I am ex-military, or are you referring to those ex-military generals that are 'bean counting' Rummy?

Here is a clue most military do not live so very long after retiring to be able to collect it. Why? Well golly gee Mr Ed, Military life be stressful and just doing the initial 20 is worth every lil penney they get upon retiring- which is purty much what it is worth => a penny.

"Most"?
Garbage, period.
Question: Anybody twist your arm to join the military?

Most Military retired don't live very high class.

And they should?
If so, "high class" is defined as what to you?

Heck most active enlisted folks on the front lines still take welfare.

"Most" again? Garbage.

Lose a leg you might get your self 1/4 disability pension- of course that is 1/4 of your retirement pay in most cases which happens tentlyo be darn near 1/4 of your pre-retirement take home. Any one good at math? looks to be about (let me get my toes out- carry da piggy) 1/16th

Garbage.

This moron is also cutting another 40,000 troops from the Air Force alone- and we got , (HELLO??). two wars going on and only 300,000 now. I guess he loves failure.

You did not have a problem when the "moron" Clinton downsized the military a few hundred thousand, huh?

The work i am doing now is expected to be what 10 men did when i first came in the service- is the quality the same? No sireeee, sumptins gotta give! Do ya think it adds to the stress? Do ya think the constant deployments are helping folks marriages? Do ya think that being sort manpower and shortly motivated and over worked might cost some of us our lives- for his bleepen ego? He is treasonous to set us up this way- hence the Generals opinion(s) of him.

Those ex-generals condemning Rummy are not condemning him for what you are asserting above; their condemnation revolves around Iraq.

Garbage.

seekerof

[edit on 19-4-2006 by Seekerof]

df1

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Garbage.

This must be a self-portrait.

If you thought mans post was garbage, it could have easily been said in a sentence. However you chose the typical rove type mythodology which is to use distortion and slander in an attempt to impeach the intentions anyone that disagrees with you.

An additional sign of your dishonesty is that you criticize clinton for cutting the military, but you have no objections with bush when he continues the same program. And bush is doing it in the middle of a major military operation and you still have no problem with it.

Restricted by the TOS from telling you what I really think

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah that was weak Seeker. I want my WATS back. I expected better from you in that reply.

And just a side-note...Clinton wasn't running a WAR ON TERRORISM when he was cutting troop levels. Nice attempted dodge though. Seems to be the counterpoint of late from your type...bring up something negative about Clinton...that'll show 'em.

edited cause...oops...my man already said it.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Garbage?? Ok to you maybe. Same to ya buddy- don't waste your breath with replies as there are too many flies around as it is. Your opinion is now forever garbage in my book. "say la vee (sic)"

Actually, I 'could be' considered of rank the news might want to talk to me- maybe not a star yet but yeah, I happen to be towards the top end of things - on the officer side too. So what of it. Should it matter if I were a 20 Staff sergeant? I think not. You know I've been around a few years- beside being a 4th generation career officer- I actually enlisted in 91 then crossed over- so I have seen both sides. I've seen a lot of caca in that time and I was commenting on THIS moron.

You know what you are right- I did not have my arm twisted to join or to stay in the service- I see this as just that a service because it is a calling. Apparently, you did not have what it takes to stick it out? Or, just joined up to get some college paid for? It takes all sorts.

However, I do not need some arrogant jerk with a swelled head who may have been in the service for all of a day before he got discharged for cross dressing cutting apart an honest post one line at a time in a holier than thou attitude telling me it is garbage and cutting on me for not commenting on the hundreds of other issues out there- isn’t that called thread jacking?? I got better things to do with my time than to respond to potential half wits- but at the very least proven jerks.

We've had a lot of morons in office over the years- but this guy takes the cake as to the “ low-down-stab-the-guy-in-the-back-that-is-bleeden for ya.” type. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge him., The US and the rest of the world would be better off with out his “type” of leadership and the simpletons worshiping the ground he walks on that simply cannot separate political party bias.

Get off your high horse and quit with the party politics- this is nothing to do with any party- simply an assessment from a current troop on how bad this jerk is messing things up at the cost of every troop now in service.

BTW: holding in my hand an article on a scientific study of party politics and being able to separate partisan beliefs from logic. (Too bad I cannot reach the source to get permission to post the whole thing)

The test subjects on both sides of the political aisle reached totally biased conclusions by ignoring information that could not rationally be discounted- South Side Business News

Man, Seeker that sound JUST like YOU!

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I like Rummy and my answer is self-evident because...
*He gets things done.

Lmao. If we could for a moment return to reality...

The importance of what these:

Retired Generals
Ex-Military Officers
Former Commanders

said and did simply indicates what some here are failing to grasp, that Iraq itself is increasingly having internal strife, conflict, and problems. That is to me, the significance of what these:

Retired Generals
Ex-Military Officers
Former Commanders

were trying to convey.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You know what you are right- I did not have my arm twisted to join or to stay in the service- I see this as just that a service because it is a calling. Apparently, you did not have what it takes to stick it out? Or, just joined up to get some college paid for? It takes all sorts.

As 5th generation military, having served 12 years as a USAF PJ, having served in the 1st Gulf War, having been in Kosovo, having been in other unmentionables, yes, of course, I most certainly did not have what it takes to stick around, eh? I reckon I got out before I turned into a career whiner of the officer caliber? Anything else or do you wish to include yourself among those of "It takes all sorts."

However, I do not need some arrogant jerk with a swelled head who may have been in the service for all of a day before he got discharged for cross dressing cutting apart an honest post one line at a time in a holier than thou attitude telling me it is garbage and cutting on me for not commenting on the hundreds of other issues out there- isn’t that called thread jacking?? I got better things to do with my time than to respond to potential half wits- but at the very least proven jerks.

More garbage there career whining officer?

We've had a lot of morons in office over the years- but this guy takes the cake as to the “ low-down-stab-the-guy-in-the-back-that-is-bleeden for ya.” type. For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge him., The US and the rest of the world would be better off with out his “type” of leadership and the simpletons worshiping the ground he walks on that simply cannot separate political party bias.

That seems to be a matter of opinion, huh, career officer?
6 out of 4,700 plus retired general officers, oops, add one more for you, making 7; yes, thats certainly damning on Rumsfeld...

I think that career officer and rank crap has gone to your head, but then again, thats pretty 'a' typical for officer types, huh? "Do as I say, not as I do." Again, you had no problem at all when the Clinton Administration literally ripped the military and intelligences services apart? Your criticism of this administration, which includes Rumsfeld, is ludicrous and befitting of your career officer mentality. You have a right to dissent and opinion, but I am sure of one thing, you can openly voice your opinion here, but you would never voice that same 'garbage' in Rumsfeld's face. Puff your chest up now and tell me otherwise, career officer. Its nothing new to me though, I have rescued-'saved' a number of your type and makeup.

Get off your high horse and quit with the party politics- this is nothing to do with any party- simply an assessment from a current troop on how bad this jerk is messing things up at the cost of every troop now in service.

Practice what you preach, maybe?

BTW: holding in my hand an article on a scientific study of party politics and being able to separate partisan beliefs from logic. (Too bad I cannot reach the source to get permission to post the whole thing)

The test subjects on both sides of the political aisle reached totally biased conclusions by ignoring information that could not rationally be discounted- South Side Business News

Man, Seeker that sound JUST like YOU!

Yeah, I know...but being that you are the 'a' typical officer type, I can somewhat understand how you failing to see the irony in what you have quoted, that being the mention of "both sides." No problem though, you were probably having one of those Pot calling the kettle black moments.

seekerof

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join