It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Military disgusted with Rumsfeld

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

New York Times

The revolt by retired generals who publicly criticized Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld has opened an extraordinary debate among younger officers, in military academies, in the armed services' staff colleges and even in command posts and mess halls in Iraq.

Junior and midlevel officers are discussing whether the war plans for Iraq reflected unvarnished military advice, whether the retired generals should have spoken out, whether active-duty generals will feel free to state their views in private sessions with the civilian leaders and, most divisive of all, whether Mr. Rumsfeld should resign.

In recent weeks, military correspondents of The Times discussed those issues with dozens of younger officers and cadets in classrooms and with combat units in the field, as well as in informal conversations at the Pentagon and in e-mail exchanges and telephone calls.

Apparently the Circle of Military Officers against Rumsfeld in Widening...

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Apparently the Circle of Military Officers against Rumsfeld in Widening...

That is hogwash and you know it.

This is no different then working for a private corporation. Not every employee agrees with what the leadership does and you know it, that is a fact of life.

Why try and make this into something it is not???

df1

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Not every employee agrees with what the leadership does and you know it, that is a fact of life.

The "faux patriots" on this website have represented that the generals are nothing more than disgruntled employees that are taking cheap shots at rummy. As I have shown in various links that I have posted, this dissatisfaction is not limited to the generals. This Army Times Poll clearly shows that the dissatisfaction with rummy is deeply seated in our military as over 63% of respondents say "he should resign for his performance in managing the war in Iraq".

It appears that despite all of the denials and atempts to obfuscate the criticisms of the generals by the ATS "faux patriots" that the generals are in fact speaking for a substantial majority of our men and women in the military.

Will these "faux patriots" attempt to label "The Army Times" as a partisan liberal publication.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And Another General joins the Circle:

Raw Story

Ret. Marine General Paul Van Ripper has become the 8th retired U.S. General to call for the resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, according to an interview with Fox News. Ripper retired before Rumsfeld took office, but is currently engaged in war games with two branches of the military. He claims that many currently serving share his view.

Van Ripper has stated that Iraq was "When I look at where we are in this war today, and imagine where we could have been if the right number of troops had been put in at the right time and been deployed correctly," Paul Van Ripper "It makes me think we need new leadership."

"If I was the president, I would have relieved him three years ago."

Another Bad Week for Rumsfeld?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
This is no different then working for a private corporation. Not every employee agrees with what the leadership does and you know it, that is a fact of life.

Wait a second here. The US government is not a private corporation (or at least I hope it has not yet become a subsidiary of Halliburton and whoever else is behind the curtain). It is a body that's elected by the people (again, I'm simplifying here) whose executive branches are led by appointed officials. Bottomline is that a corporation leadership can have an agenda which is different from its employes and sometimes from its shareholders' -- but guess what, the latter is criminal.

If the US was operated like a private company, Bush would have been fired from his CEO position eons ago. Just look at the books, erm, deficit. Any business analyst will tell you how rotten this pile of debt is. And providing wrong analysis of Iraq to the "board of directors"? Puh-leeze. When is the next shareholder meeting...

If you have a broad distrust inside an organization, directed to its leadership, the ability of such organization to be efficient and to function well diminishes. If you still insist on parallels in the corporate world, I suggest you read up on the recent history of Morgan Stanley which really started losing business on these grounds. The CEO eventually had to resign, after having done a considerable damage to the company.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Wait a second here. The US government is not a private corporation

No they are not but the appointed officials are non military which makes them civilians there in lies the difference and the reason I used the correlation to a private corp. For every one general that comes out against him two more come out for him. Unfortunately we have individuals around here that want you to think it is otherwise.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
".... If the US was operated like a private company, Bush would have been fired from his CEO position eons ago. Just look at the books, erm, deficit."

REPLY: In terms of economics, the deficit we now have is only 4% of GDP, which is quite manageable; and the economy is skyrocketing. The reductions of the tax rates has resulted in a flood of new money going into the Gov't. coffers, which it has done EVERY TIME the rates have been reduced. If the Gov't. was a corporation, the shareholders (taxpayers) would have benefitted greatly (which we have). The majority of the reductions have gone to families and. besides, I don't care how much "the rich" get back, because we all benefit from it, one way or another.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Rummy,Chainey are Rockefeller puppets;;;This is what is interesting about the military currently.Ready/////IRAN////is already being attacked by U.S. military.However for us sheeple/citizens the official anouncement will arrive on the honest, ha hah, major media oulets mid-summer-mid autunm.

Just something for you to think about and yes Syria will quickly follow.Our freedom was gone along time ago boys&girls,,,,and we are know getting aquianted with this fact.Israel & the U.S. are ichtin for a little s*^t kicken,with all this high tech clean killing technology.

Then the military will use their reverse engineered E.T. craft//goodies.Most likely in the form of an alien hoaxed attack.(Disclosure Project.org).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join