It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members: Your thoughts on a more secure ATS.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have no ideas for making ATS more secure, per se,' other to request that if measures are indeed taken, that ATS really be "above top secret."

I would imagine that the government(s) will move to eventually outlawing encryptions. As such, makes me wonder if ATS can truly be secured or made "above top secret."

seekerof

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I pretty much agree Seekerof.

ATS is a great discussion board; but that is essentially all it is. There is nothing being said or done here, that I have ever seen, that falls outside the scope of legitimate free expression.

And the right to criticize, or hold unconventional views on any number of things, lies at the basis of a free society.

I know there is a lot of talk going around about restricting the internet, including a recent statement that al-Qaida (be very afraid) is making greater use of the net.

And it may, in fact, be true.

But if our Western society ever gets to the point of restricting boards like ATS, which is always possible, it will be because they have already decided to take a major step towards Authoritarianism by restricting speech. This was done temporarily during the Civil War and WW's I & II, for reasons of security and control.

imo, if ATS were to do a thread on commonsense things to consider when posting on the net, as Valhall did with her warning on posting photos, I think that might be beneficial. Valhall brought up some issues that people often don't take into consideration when traveling on the net, even though they seem as if they ought to be obvious to everyone.

I say do what you guys think necessary to avoid compromising identities and information from your common hacker, but I believe that anything which gives the appearance of being an effort to block government "interest" through encryption is probably already obsolete, if they really want to read or mine info from the boards. And encryption aimed at that kind of privacy could actually backfire and fuel calls to regulate speech on the net.

And it doesn't look good.

And perception can be everything, at times.

Just my $.02...

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks for asking. A keenly important issue.

Because of my Navy communications job in 1970, I was told by a colleague THEN that all electronic communications were monitored for a long list of keywords by massive computer systems--ALL--AS IN ALL--PHONE, WIRE, TELEX, . . . and that it was believed that even snail mail was read by machine WITHOUT BEING OPENED to and from overseas and possibly other in-country addy's.

There have been stories about ESCHELON or some such.

I was chatting with a local ISP and they insisted that because of their own inhouse created special features, they were 100% confident that they were not spied on by anyone. I'm more than a little bit skeptical but glad to hear it.

Then on FREEREPUBLIC.COM, the last day or two, there was a posted article about a proposal to REQUIRE ISPs to archive all activities by their customers for a long period.

www.freerepublic.com...

------------------

Some of us attuned to prophetic trends and NWO trends and timelines . . . believe that utter comprehensive monitoring by a tyrannical world government is close on the horizon. I personally assume that all hereon who have said things remotely authentically Christian--Evangelical, Pentecostal etc. who believe in the Second Coming as well as those who post frequently about NWO stuff--I assume we are already on death camp lists. Some assert for the first or 2nd wave--the RED or BLUE wave of 04:00 pickups when the order is given.

I personally would prefer to stand up and be counted on the side of good and righteousness regardless of the mortal death this temporary body shell might bear. Eternity with Christ and those who Love Him is an easy choice. Besides, early martyrdom would be preferable to enduring any of what would closely follow.

----------------------

All that as preface . . .

1. I don't know how successful we could be--I'm skeptical that we could succeed at all if the big boys with the super computers decided we were worth close examination. And they likely would given the many conspiracy threads etc. But it's worth a try perhaps along the following lines.

2. IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL (life or death wonderful?) to be able to post a thread about such goings on anonymously--truly anonymously.

3. It would be wonderful--perhaps life or death so--to be able to post meaningful comments to such a thread anonymously.

Perhaps to have the option to post on a thread anonymously by secure link would be good. That might leave less of a drag on response times.

And, the secret section of ATS could maybe have a secure response mode for the sensitive threads and certainly for posting sensitive articles. I think the key issue is anonymous status.

I suppose those concerned about such could have an IN THE CLEAR normal screen name and an alternate known only to them and the heavily encrypted choosing/assigning of secure anonymous alter ego screen names. The alternate screen names would only work and be allowable ONLY via a secure link.

I think it would be ESSENTIAL that all passwords for such links/screen names would have to be say 20 characters or longer.

The following links could heighten one's appreciation for such importance:

www.greatdreams.com...

portland.indymedia.org...

www.meguiar.addr.com...

Important topic.

Thanks for raising it.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
More secure ATS ?? hmm.... I hope you guys dont come up with "cyber-wand" ... to "cyber-check" people at the ATS door ... tee hee

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
no secure login

why?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Why not reply to the thread you yourself started on this topic?

You can continue here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join