It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Centipede

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Have any of you guys seen this, seeing a thing that size made me kinda quezy, squishing a thing this size doesnt seem right. You need to shoot it

so click this link and watch the video and watch this thing prey on a rat and give me your opinion www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I will never forgive you for introducing that to my eyes. CRINGE! That sent shivvers down my spine! NASTY!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
yeah i know >.< i had to share it with someone

i couldnt finish the video

jra

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've seen that before. I was only able to watch a few seconds of it... *shudder* I don't like insects

[edit on 11-4-2006 by jra]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Does anyone know the name of the centipede.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by gothica91]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"scolopendra gigantea robusta", is the stated name in the description of the video. Anyway, watched the whole thing, and I'm really glad they don't get much bigger than that....I hope.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
That guy who owns that thing must be a bit weird in my opinion. That thing is creepy and dude doesn't like it when people tell him that because he just deletes the comments that viewers leave behind.

If I saw that thing man I would freak on it with a shovel.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
We're supposed to love all God's creatures; but I would have a field day on that thing with a shotgun! That thing is too ugly to survive, just like Lyle luvvitt.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gothica91
...squishing a thing this size doesnt seem right. You need to shoot it...

Most definitely... But you'll have to bring out the big guns for this one. That's one nasty "bug"!

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
...I would have a field day on that thing with a shotgun...

Yeah baby... Or maybe you'll just agitate it with a shotgun... Maybe something bigger? Just to be on the safe side!?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
another video of this 'lovely' creature.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Funny thing. The first I heard about a giant centipede was two days ago, when someone told me a centipde teh size of my arm prayed on bats in caves, hanging upside down and then attacking them. I freaked, naturally.

And now, since I am almost about to go to bed, I WILL NOT watch those videos. Not a chance in hell. But you guys have fun freaking yourselves out. I'll get round to doing it tomorrow, before Ive eaten, preferably.

And a shotgun? You'd take that risk? M1A1 Abrams main battle tank, or a HE rocket propelled grenade. Nothing else. I can only speculate on the actual size through.

[edit on 12/4/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yea... I saw that link on another forums yesterday... I didnt realize they actually got this big!!

And keeping one as a pet?? My GOD!! I bet they stink to high hell!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The size of bugs like that are determined by the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. So that's why I'm not about to go wandering around in the rainforest. Just imagine though, soon, relatively speaking, when the Earth's temperatures rise enough to melt ice caps and create rainforests around the world, more oxygen in the atmosphere, BIGGER CENTIPEDES!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
alrighty!

I just got hit by a tidal wave of goosebumps! Definitely not my kinda pet! omg, I'd cry like a little girl if one of those things ever found its way onto my body.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The last home I was renting had a large empty field directly behind it. We had some of the biggest gaddang Black Widows I have EVER seen! In all seriousness the legspan on one particular spider I killed was at least as big as a silver dollar with an abdomen the size of a nickel.

YUCK!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
In all seriousness the legspan on one particular spider I killed was at least as big as a silver dollar with an abdomen the size of a nickel.

YUCK!!!

With Spiders (in America) the larger they are, the safer they are...(except the painful nonlethal bite of the tarantula)
it is the little ones that will kill ya though...

Now as to this centipede... Help a buddy out here... WHERE ARE THESE FOUND?
I know they dont get that big here, but where does that happen?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I saw something similar to what happened in the video on Animal Planet or something like that. Steve Irwin was videotaping a giant centipede attack a small lizard and the lizard shared the same fate as the poor mouse.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
OH - MY - GOD!

THat is SO nasty! And I was thinking about getting a tarrantula.. NO way now - Gotta get one of those!!
But.. It probably scares away any chicks you bring home.. >.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Now as to this centipede... Help a buddy out here... WHERE ARE THESE FOUND?
I know they dont get that big here, but where does that happen?

There was great footage of these guys on the BBC's 'Life In The Undergrowth' -

The giant bat-eating centipede is the most formidable invertebrate predator of all.

These highly aggressive creatures inhabit caves in Venezuela and can grow to 13 inches long.

They feed on bats by scaling vertical walls and capturing them while hanging upside down from the cave ceiling – behaviour that has been filmed for the first time in Life In The Undergrowth.

Link

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
JESUS WEPT!

"Love all God's creatures"?... How about no?! I'm not nearly insane enough to love that thing!

Poor mouse... I hate watching mice being eaten because I have a pet mouse and I hate the thought of something as vile as that giant centipede feasting on him!

*cringe*

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join