It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare yourself for Bigfoot hysteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Bigfoot is coming... to the cinema near you.

The movie, "Abominable" is said to be released 20 May 2006 (in the USA). No, I'm not advertising it; in fact I'm disappointed in what they came up with. Bigfoot is portrayed as a killer predator that devours innocent teenagers. I was much happier with Harry in the 1987 "Harry and The Hendersons"...

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up, as we're likely to see some sort of "video footage" prior to the release, in order to rise the interest in Bigfoot, i.e. Viral marketing as we saw with "Shadow of the Colossus", and crop circles before "Signs"... Well, that's my prediction; they'd be stupid not to do it. We should just be alert for "to good to be true" footage.

(And this has nothing to do with any recent threads on Bigfoot!)

Official Site

What happened to our shy, hairy friend? One to many bad pictures by an amateur photographer?

Edit: Format

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Gemwolf,

Good point.

Even if not for movie publicity, general public will be more apt to 'see things'.

As far as the movie, looks kinda cheesy but will reserve judgement due to Lance Hendrikson being in it. Always been a fan of his.

As far as the movie concept of BF being carnivorous, nothing new. I think Harry and the Hendersons was the only movie where he wasn't.

I think its about time for another BF movie, long overdue. Any real BigFooters should take all these movies with a grain of salt and enjoy them for their theatrical value. lol

( would rather a well done documentary with some factual evidence though )

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I can't believe it, Lance Henriksen starred in this movie a few years ago:
Sasquatch
2 sasquatch movies!!! Poor guy.

Not one I would reccomend either.......

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OMG BIGFOOT AND THE HENDERSONS!!!!! I forgot about that for so long and now.......

Thanx Gemwolf!!

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hmmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
That is ridiculus....btw I loved harry and the hendersons

Apes are generally non-hostile.

In fact I know of only one incident that involved a death from a bigfoot encounter and it was in the 1700 or 1800's and it involved hunters shooting at one when it approached their camp. The next day the guy's hunting partner wound up with his neck crushed.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So a movie comes out about Bifoot being a murderous monster, a man watches film and sees bigfoot, lots of men then make them extinct.

God, isn't it great being a shallow minded, country bumpkin who can't think for himself and relies solely on the media to influence my judgement.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I hereby predict that it will have little or no effect on anything or anybody, since it will likely go straight to video and only be watched by people who have already seen everything good at the video store.

"Roger Ebert didn't exactly give it "thumbs up," but he did give it the finger."

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sasquatch was a poor movie alright, atleast the plot was semi-believable in the sense that a sasquatch didn't attack unprovoked...

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just about anything with Lance Henrickson starring in it over the last 10 years is a giant red flag warning (no offense to Lance fans - he was great in "Aliens"). I saw "Sasquatch" and I have to say it was extrememly lame/boring, and the Bigfoot looked more like SwampThing.

I have been following Bigfoot stories for years and hope one day they find one, but until then I'll watch the bigfoot movies that pop up occasionally. These flicks are usually mindless entertainment filmed on shoestring budgets (I don't mind silly B-movies). I have to say that I enjoyed "Harry and the Hendersons", "Legend of Boggy Creek" and "Sasquatch Hunters". When being entertained I don't mind seeing Bigfoot portayed as a monster/man-eater. Until they ever find one who cares how he's portrayed (especially if he doesn't exist)? If he's truly a folk tale, then what better kind of monster than a hairy one that lives in the deep woods and eats people. Now if they ever found a live one I'm sure my views would change, but until then.....

I've actually been looking forward to this "Abominable" movie coming out for some time. Why? I'm a monster movie fan and I love Bigfoot...is that so wrong?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like a cheap movie to me. Is it direct to video?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Typical of the brotherhood' when they don't want you to know the truth about something then they have to make you afraid of it.

This is fear mongering at its worst and really cheezy. I agree with everyone else that the best fate for this movie is direct to video and then to the $1.99 bins...

Too bad cause they had a chance to make a great film, sort of like a documentary with real footage etc.., I bet it would have done well at the box office.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That would have been amazing!! And maybe it would have actuallt been the catalyst for an official investigation into bigfoot.

Frankly, waiting for the inevitable day when Bush has all the forests cut down and says "We-y-ell Billy Joe, hyuk, looks like these was a bigfoots all along. Well i'll be dang-nam-diddily-do-dammed!" doesnt appeal to me

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I just came in here to say the only Big Foot movie should be harry and the hendersons
And there is a special about a roller coaster in Disneys Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest on the discovery channel right now It is a pretty cool roller coaster Maybe the big foot loving has started already

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I did like the Venture Brothers episode where they found Bigfoot and $6 Million Man Steve Austin living as a gay couple in the woods. It was pretty laugh-inducing.

top topics

join