It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcefield Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
did you even watch the video vinci? lol they sorta explained most the things you asked. hahaha.

Not quite deep as I would of wanted to

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
its surprisingly simple. it shoots no projectile. The concept of this system is very basic and will only work against RPG's and other shoulder launched unguided lightweight heat round. it doesnt and cant work against anti-tank missiles such as Kornet,metis-m,toophan,dragon,TOW etc...

Should watch the video, it shows that its firing what looks like a shotgun pellet like projectiles. As the creators say its an active system.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by iqonx
its surprisingly simple. it shoots no projectile. The concept of this system is very basic and will only work against RPG's and other shoulder launched unguided lightweight heat round. it doesnt and cant work against anti-tank missiles such as Kornet,metis-m,toophan,dragon,TOW etc...

Should watch the video, it shows that its firing what looks like a shotgun pellet like projectiles. As the creators say its an active system.

This is mostly why I asked, because everyone has "different truths" about such systems. Obviously that video isn't the only invented "force-field" ever, and so I just cared to ask how that one may work, whereas I meant to ask "as opposed to others".

Because yes, you can call anything a force-field, in WW2 you could of called uh...flak guns a force field of sorts. Very very very far stretch but I'm trying to be creative.

Originally posted by ElTiante
When a conductor passes through a magnetic field it gives rise to a current. This is the theory of magnetic induction and it’s how electric motors and generations work.

If an EM field of sufficient strength could be generated, it would induce a current in whatever metal parts are in the RPG/ missile and might cause malfunction / early detonation.

I have the easiest time believing that "truth", so to speak.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That is truly amazing, i bet cloaking is just around the corner,
invisible planes with a force field can you imagine it, but you know its gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
From the looks of it, the Trophy isnt really a forcefield of sorts, but a tracking system. It looks like it might shoot something at the incoming projectile, like maybe a sabot shot from an automated turret or something?

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
From the looks of it, the Trophy isnt really a forcefield of sorts, but a tracking system. It looks like it might shoot something at the incoming projectile, like maybe a sabot shot from an automated turret or something?

Not in 2006, mechanically speaking, there's not enough time for a sentry turrent of sorts to detect, calculate where to shoot, aim at that position, and actually shoot. Considering how far the "radar" area is, considering how fast the rockets fly, etc.

This is why I have an easy time to believe the magnetic current one. More practical time-wise.

My friend asked "But the rocket is still flying", that might kill the gunner, if it hits him in the head, but otherwise it'll just dent the tank, scratch some paint off. I'm assuming of course
Educated guess of sorts.

Edit: I just thought about it, and really, I don't know how mechnically evolved we are, so my comment about "Not in 2006..." is just a petty assumption, we most possibly might be that fast.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Vinci]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Gee I'm watching that and I'm seeing that Star Wars movie... which one is it on Nabu where they fight and they have those forcefields...

Is this also recovered alien tech??

sounds like a magnetic field that forces the electrons to line up and produce a semi solid but invisible wall that protects against any projections against it.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Gee I'm watching that and I'm seeing that Star Wars movie... which one is it on Nabu where they fight and they have those forcefields...

The difference in Star Wars force fields and this one, is Star Wars merely repels the object as a whole. I use to be a giant star-wars geek and still enjoy an occasional dosage, there goes another skeleton from my cloest

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i have seen something like this before claiming the same that was on the discovery channel in mid 90's it was using some high energy , like lightning strike . maybe that was an earlier version.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
i have seen something like this before claiming the same that was on the discovery channel in mid 90's it was using some high energy , like lightning strike . maybe that was an earlier version.

Well, logically you'd want to disarm the explosive using magnetic energy, rather than detonating it with a sentry gun of sorts. Why? Some could say that (a select few) rockets that explode NEAR a tank can do more damage than actual collision.

Should make tanks out of silly putty. Absorb the rocket. Literally

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As a matter of fact Mark I do believe I saw that exact documentary you were talking about. As I was reading this topic that is exactly what came to my mind. From what I remember though in that show it was being developed by the Uk.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well it says that it 'disables' (I think) the head of the missile. It never says that it totally disables the missile, just to the point where it can no longer pierce the armor of the tank.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
that's great!!!

the future is here

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
From what I remember though in that show it was being developed by the Uk.

My friend claims that Israel is also developing a system like this, however he has yet to show me evidence

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

The difference in Star Wars force fields and this one, is Star Wars merely repels the object as a whole. I use to be a giant star-wars geek and still enjoy an occasional dosage, there goes another skeleton from my cloest

Kool!

This is likely annother thread somewhere but what is the deal with Lucas anyways? does he really know things that the rest of us don't know?

Maybe there needs to be a thread on that topic... I wouldn't start it because nobody would post in it but I always wondered about the guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It disables the explosives by blowing them up in a much smaller explosion than if they detonated.

Defense Update understands that Trophy is design to form a "beam" of fragments, which will intercept any incoming HEAT threat, including RPG rockets at a range of 10 – 30 meters from the protected platform.

www.defense-update.com...

Just LOOK at the pictures, and the videos. You can SEE the explosion! It's a VIRTUAL forcefield, because it creates a bubble a set distance from the vehicle, and any RPG, Antitank Missile, etc that enters the bubble is engaged. As long as it stays outside the bubble Trophy ignores it completely. There is still a kinetic impact, but that's not enough to damage, or disable the vehicle.

[edit on 4/13/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

Kool!

This is likely annother thread somewhere but what is the deal with Lucas anyways? does he really know things that the rest of us don't know?

Maybe there needs to be a thread on that topic... I wouldn't start it because nobody would post in it but I always wondered about the guy.

It's a major theory dude, we all believe he's some alien from the future coming back and living as a human because his species was destroyed in a giant galactic war. He was a medic on a Calamarian ship on a grassy planet where he was helping a few furry friends and humans destroy a building which controlled some WMD's force field.

Where have you been? Earth? Geeze dude.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join